Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2007 Usrcca Rules Comittee Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 2007 Usrcca Rules Comittee Updates

This thread is NOT to discuss or comment on the rules, this is simply to inform the rest of the board of what we, the rules comittee have voted for or against for the 2007 season.

1. 2.2 class, NO REAR STEER.
2. • Vehicle wheelbase is a maximum of 12.5 inches, measured from centerline of front axle stub to centerline of rear axle stub, with all the wheels pointing straight ahead.
3. • Vehicle track width is a maximum of 12.5 inches, measured at the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
4. • Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
5. * You may run a unlimited amount of channels on your radio.
6. * You must run a body, 10th scale or larger, 70% of the original body, to be determined by judges, 3" minimum height on sides, no less than 12.5" total length and full width in the center.
Tube chassis's are fine, as long as they resemble a 1:1 rig, they must retain a roof, hood and side panels.
7. * Dig is allowed
8. Wheels limited to 2.2 inch diameter or smaller at the tire bead surface.
Wheels may be modified, provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter.
Tires may be modified using a pliable rubber material, from any size tire, but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 6 inches.

2.2 CLASS IS DONE, NOW ON TO SUPER'S.

*****Super Class Rules, Done and voted in! Operations are next.*****

Class 1 - Super Crawler Class:
• No limits on wheelbase, vehicle track width or height.
• No limits on tire type or size.
• Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
• No limits to steering configuration.
• You must run a body, 10th scale or larger, 70% of the original body, to be determined by judges, 3" minimum height on sides, no more than 3" taken off of total length, no less than 12.5" total length and full width in the center.
Tube chassis's are fine, as long as they resemble a 1:1 rig, they must retain a roof, hood and side panels.
• Body should resemble its original form (jeep bodies look like a jeeps)

TUBER RULES :

-2.2 class tube chassis are allowed with the following restrictions. Chassis must be at least 8"long, 3"wide, and 3.75"tall, the roof must be raised from the main chassis to resemble a cockpit, and it must have solid hood, roof and sidepanels.

-Supercrawler class tube chassis are allowed with the following restrictions. Chassis must be at least 12"long, 3"wide, and 3.75"tall, the roof must be raised from the main chassis to resemble a cockpit, and it must have solid hood, roof and sidepanels.

General Operations Rules: changes made.***********

1- There is A TIME LIMIT on each course to be determined by the course builder, if you do not finish the course in the alloted time you recieve 40 points.

2- < DNS > you will recieve 50 points if you do not start the course and do not break the plane of the start gate.

3- All markers are live until the marker has been either straddled or contact made by either the driver or the vehicle. once a penalty has been assessed for that marker it is DEAD for the remainder of the course run, and no further penalites will be given for that marker.
A gate has 2 markers so 20 points can be given for each gate.

4- Reversing on the course is defined as, the tires moving the vehicle backwards or spinning in the reverse direction, whether intentional or not.

5- Repair : (5pts) points are added to touch penalties if the use of tools is required. Repairs taking less than 1 minute may be completed on course. Repairs taking longer will incure a additional (5 pts) and need to be completed in the pit area. If the repairs cannot be completed in 30 mins the driver will recieve a DNF. If the repair is made in the alotted time the driver may return to the course and be placed by the judge back to the point at which he broke. 1 minute will be reduced from the time that is left on the course and the timer will continue once the vehicle makes forward progress.

6- Reposition (10 pts ) points are given when a driver must reposition their vehicle in order to continue. repositions are placed back on the course without making forward progression, drivers may reposition the vehicle with judges approval.

7. • The maximum points per gate is 20. Once a driver has reached the maximum of 20-penalty points, they
will be placed past that gate. No progress points are given for the gates not cleared.
I would like to see this listed as optional

I think we all agree this should be optional.

8. • Winching or ramping of any kind is not allowed. Using any device (other than the tires) and using ramps or other objects, to make progress in any direction is prohibited.

9. • The vehicle must finish a course in the same wheelbase, track width, ride height, and tires it
started that course with.Wheelbase changes to the vehicle by the driver, another person, or any device, while on the course are prohibited.

10. • (3-10) Gates per section stage
a course is made up of several stages, a stage is made up of several gates. The correct term is stage.

11. Gate Marker: (10 pts) points are given when 4 wheels do not travel between gate markers or any part of the
vehicle or driver touches a gate marker. This applies to gates that have been cleared as well as gates not yet cleared. Once any gate marker has been touched, no more penalties will be given
for that gate marker. (See page 4 for Gate Marker and Gate Clearing explanations.)

Last edited by Unimoger; 01-10-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
2006 2.2 National Champ

Nice!!
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

As it should be.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Works for me.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:38 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I feel stupid pointing this out to you guy's but
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
This thread is NOT to discuss or comment on the rules
Sorry, I had to
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Not commenting on the rule, just the decision!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Updated 1st post, we are making progress.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the updates Ben, so far everything looks great!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Updated 1st post, we are making progress.
Yes, you are.

Good job.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:24 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

updated 11/30
Old 11-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Super Class Done !

all we have left is operations.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
3" minimum height on sides
Is this measured from the roof of the cab to the rockers and can we fold the rockers in?
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugzracing
Is this measured from the roof of the cab to the rockers and can we fold the rockers in?

Yes it is, you can fold the rockers all you want as long as when you are ready to run they are 3" tall total including the fold.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #14
R.I.P. Chip

Ben is correct, you can fold them as much as you want, or cut them off. But when we tech you in it must be 3" from the roof to the rocker.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes it is, you can fold the rockers all you want as long as when you are ready to run they are 3" tall total including the fold.
That is what I needed to know. I will be shopping for a new body before January
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:05 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=Unimoger]This thread is NOT to discuss or comment on the rules, this is simply to inform the rest of the board of what we, the rules comittee have voted for or against for the 2007 season.

1. 2.2 class,

6. 3" minimum height on sides, no more 3" taken off of total length, no less than 12.5" total length and full width in the center.

7. Wheels limited to 2.2 inch diameter or smaller at the tire bead surface.

I'm not understanding the body lenght thing because if the body is 17 inches long you can only take 3 inches out the total lenght would be 14 inches but this is saying the minimum lenght can be less then 12.5 so does that mean I could not go any shorter then 14 inches or could I go to 12.5 the minimum

Does this include the red rocks and all-t also the 2.2 diameter
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=1beatjeep]
Quote:
This thread is NOT to discuss or comment on the rules, this is simply to inform the rest of the board of what we, the rules comittee have voted for or against for the 2007 season.

1. 2.2 class,

6. 3" minimum height on sides, no more 3" taken off of total length, no less than 12.5" total length and full width in the center.

7. Wheels limited to 2.2 inch diameter or smaller at the tire bead surface.

I'm not understanding the body lenght thing because if the body is 17 inches long you can only take 3 inches out the total lenght would be 14 inches but this is saying the minimum lenght can be less then 12.5 so does that mean I could not go any shorter then 14 inches or could I go to 12.5 the minimum

Does this include the red rocks and all-t also the 2.2 diameter
There are SO many different lengths of bodies that the #'s needed to apply to them all. So, if you have a body that is 15" long out of the box, you can only cut 2 1/2" off of the length. If you have a 17" long body, you can cut it down to 12.5" total length.

2.2 tires include red rocks and all'ts, they are both a 2.2 wheel and tire.

Last edited by Unimoger; 12-01-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Ben is correct, you can fold them as much as you want, or cut them off. But when we tech you in it must be 3" from the roof to the rocker.
this is a sticky rule, I think..... and I'm not just saying it because the way I cut my bodies.

The roof height on some bodies for stadium trucks is very low profile. In fact, a stock Jato body is probably not even 3 inches from roof to rocker. Is this really fair?
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

NOPE, Deal w/ it!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #20
Colt Python/SR9c

folded and still measures 3.25"

Then either don't cut the stadium body or don't use it
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote