Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Remake of the Bruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Remake of the Bruiser

Tamiya USA is currently moving and speaking with a well informed employee, they will be doing more state side R and D. A hint was dropped MULTIPLE times about a Re-release of the Bruiser!!!! I know this has been going around for DECADES and no one believes this ... NOR DID I until I was told that Tamiya is looking into making new molds to cast new axels from and this would be more expensive but it looks like they are going to gamble.

I HOPE this comes true but never hold my breath
Rok_Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rok_Dok View Post
Tamiya USA is currently moving and speaking with a well informed employee, they will be doing more state side R and D. A hint was dropped MULTIPLE times about a Re-release of the Bruiser!!!! I know this has been going around for DECADES and no one believes this ... NOR DID I until I was told that Tamiya is looking into making new molds to cast new axels from and this would be more expensive but it looks like they are going to gamble.

I HOPE this comes true but never hold my breath
The High Lift is the closest you will ever come to a rerelease.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I think the Hi-Lift is a bahgillion times better than one of those Bruiser trucks.The Bruiser is too heavy and old.The Hi-Lift is great!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
Sinking with the ship

O boy....here we go...AGAIN..Not to be negative BUT I have heard from several sources myself that is IS NOT going to happen, Unless the damn high lift sold so freaken well that they think they would profit from it If they did, I cant even see it having a Toyota body cause Toyota is ridiculous with licenses.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
O boy....here we go...AGAIN..Not to be negative BUT I have heard from several sources myself that is IS NOT going to happen, Unless the damn high lift sold so freaken well that they think they would profit from it If they did, I cant even see it having a Toyota body cause Toyota is ridiculous with licenses.
I was awaiting
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

ok, forget the yota. fords already given them the ok, maybe they can do an older ford, 80's style with a long bed. but i'm guessing toyota gave them the ok back in the day, if they decided to repro it would they need to get permission again? guess it depends on what kind of agreement they had.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Tamiya is one of the only companies that have a good standing with almost all companies.

Why do you have to be so neg towards my comment WHY NOT

I talked with the guy in detail about what is being put through marketing. Tamiya is the only company with Licensing from Ferrari to make r/c officially licensed.

Last edited by Rok_Dok; 04-11-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: not wanting to single someone out
Old 04-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Tamiya sub'd out most of the actual work on the original 3-speeds.

I doubt they would fork out the dough to cast new moldings of the original "tin" axles.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Is there a possibility? Small. Would I buy one if they did? Hell yes.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #10
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rok_Dok View Post
Tamiya is one of the only companies that have a good standing with almost all companies.

Why do you have to be so neg towards my comment WHY NOT

I talked with the guy in detail about what is being put through marketing. Tamiya is the only company with Licensing from Ferrari to make r/c officially licensed.

Dude you can single me out...I have tough skin Heres the deal... I have owned and own MANY Bruisers for MANY MANY years. I was one of those hopeless fools that YEARS and YEARS ago signed that HUGE petition that as sent off to Tamiya to bring back the Bruiser and here we are now...2007 and the mountaineer has been out of production since when? 92..94ish??? around the same time the Kyosho 4runner also fell of the face of the earth.

Truth is, like I said, Tamiya probably wont get the license for a Toyota... if they can GREAT, much like the high lift, I will be one of the 1st people to pre order and will probably even have it b4 it actually out even if it means paying extra.

Proline is a large company too.. and they had to disco the LC body...now they came out with the bushwacker with no Toyota emblems or Toyota looking grills...

All I am saying is, I am not holding my breath...if I did I would have gotten dead like 1000000000x over by now

There probably isnt a person who would like to see this truck come back out more then me...trust me. I just dont have much faith after all these years

-Mike
Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

honestly i could care less if they re-released the bruiser/mountaineer the way it was. all the tin and pot metal, i wouldnt pay that much for somthing that wears so easily. if they did a retooling of it though, i'd refinance the house if i needed to!
rumors rumors rumors
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Damn, now I want a bruiser again.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjman View Post
Damn, now I want a bruiser again.
I've always wanted one.Mike still owes me one.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

You want to buy mine? I'm a lot more impressed with the TLT and Hi-Lift rigs.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

My bruiser is always for sale but it would take a bigger number than Im willing to post. Picked It up fairly cheap and getting the last 2 parts soon.... Lenses and buckets are kind of hard to come by in chrome.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
You want to buy mine? I'm a lot more impressed with the TLT and Hi-Lift rigs.

(Opening wallet......) "$600,$700......$800......How much did you want for it again?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

if they did re release the bruiser and it has re tooled id sell my left nut to get one. ever since i saw the bruiser not to long ago any chance i could make an offer on one i would, even though i knew i still wouldnt get it.

just keep hoping, maybe start a petition.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Some days I wish I would have just shovel more food in instead of talking
Old 04-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Dude you can single me out...I have tough skin Heres the deal... I have owned and own MANY Bruisers for MANY MANY years. I was one of those hopeless fools that YEARS and YEARS ago signed that HUGE petition that as sent off to Tamiya to bring back the Bruiser and here we are now...2007 and the mountaineer has been out of production since when? 92..94ish??? around the same time the Kyosho 4runner also fell of the face of the earth.

Truth is, like I said, Tamiya probably wont get the license for a Toyota... if they can GREAT, much like the high lift, I will be one of the 1st people to pre order and will probably even have it b4 it actually out even if it means paying extra.

Proline is a large company too.. and they had to disco the LC body...now they came out with the bushwacker with no Toyota emblems or Toyota looking grills...

All I am saying is, I am not holding my breath...if I did I would have gotten dead like 1000000000x over by now

There probably isnt a person who would like to see this truck come back out more then me...trust me. I just dont have much faith after all these years

-Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by clod booster View Post
if they did re release the bruiser and it has re tooled id sell my left nut to get one. ever since i saw the bruiser not to long ago any chance i could make an offer on one i would, even though i knew i still wouldnt get it.

just keep hoping, maybe start a petition.
I'm not a very informative person about this subject but it seems that 1badjeepbruiser has said that it has been done before. I think everyone on this forum would buy one just to have it. then if they found it was not what they liek , Just ebay like some did with the High lift .

I was kind of hopeing that with the sale of the high lift that maybe more companies would hop on the scale market , but that well has really run dry now ....

I am just saving my pennies for this :

PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #20
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
I am just saving my pennies for this :

Me too Should have a roller soon