Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: scale poker run?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default scale poker run?

anyone want to try this sometime?

for those not familiar. not about points, just a scale run with 5 checkpoints, at every checkpoint you draw a card. at the end of five whoever has the best hand wins.

edit: i literally came up with an idea while in the bathroom. i don't know if they do this at regular poker runs, as i have only been involved in a couple on test drive unlimited. but have challenges at each check point to attempt to earn a discard, so you can discard any card in your hand and get a new draw. only one card per discard, one attempt per checkpoint.

Last edited by foproy; 02-11-2012 at 12:39 AM.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: scale poker run?

this sounds like fun. This would be a good event for all scalers.
SLPatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #3

Sounds like alot of fun, count me in. Will be wierd not doing it on a motorcycle.lol I'm game for anything Scaler, that's all I have.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Our group RC330H on Facebook just put on a Poker run. It went great. We had 46 drivers from 5 states, and raised over $1000.

The way we did it each driver received a score sheet and one card at registration. The score card had a empty box for all 52 cards. There was 5 stops along the trail each stop had a person with a deck of cards. Each driver got a card at the stop, no duplicates. 3 of the stops had a competition style gate section. If you made it through the gate section cleanly you got an extra card. All cards were in a bag the driver reached in and pulled a card. The person at the stop then initialed the appropriate box on the score card. This way each driver could possibly have 9 cards. The gate sections were NOT easy so 9 cards was very rare. Best 5 card hand won. If you need a copy of the scorecard let me know and I can send you the file.

I learned a couple things to make the next one smoother.
1. Have 2 volunteers at each stop.
2. Have the trails marked more clearly. We used flags which for the most part worked out pretty well. We only had one section that cause a little confusion. I think I'll try chalk next time.
3. Have walkie Talkies for each of the volunteers at the stops.
4. ( I did this on the fly that day. ) If you have more than 20 drivers, send them onto the trail in smaller groups. With 46 drivers I sent them 10 at a time with about 10-15 minutes between group.
The most important thing is have fun.
celticsun33 is offline   Reply With Quote

scale poker run? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Coast RC Crawlers first annual Scale Poker run 1/21/12 Illeagle Competitions 23 02-01-2012 11:32 PM
Wect coast r/c crawlers scale poker run slide show 1/21/2012 HB_crawler Scale Videos! 2 01-23-2012 02:59 PM
SoCal G-spot Poker Run fordmike65 Scale Videos! 1 01-24-2010 10:57 AM
CKYC Poker Run/possible full Comp. HomerJ Competitions 0 06-15-2009 04:13 PM
Four Corners Poker Run DwaneO New Mexico 52 04-01-2009 01:12 PM