Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: Scale Rules/Scoring/Judging/Teams discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 03:58 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Scale Rules/Scoring/Judging/Teams discussion

Unless you have wider than 450 hubs I don't think it will be a problem for you.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 12:49 AM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Im just looking for some clarification here but lets say there is a bad gate that I cant clear with the creepy crawly but i can "baja" through it cleanly with a gurrenteed major rollover at the end, I can just HOG it back on course and still have a cleared gate right?
smokinloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:01 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

I think with the hog they split the gate. Rear wheels behind the gate and front through. May be wrong though.
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:07 AM   #64

I think it would be a cleared gate, but you would be repositioned back to the last gate cleared with the rear axle aligned with the gate. If it is a team course, your partner can pull or push you threw the gate or roll you back over without penalty.
thurayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Ok, I have a question. If in a team event, one vehicle has a failure to where they can't go any further. Can the other vehicle finish the course? The DNF due to a failure on my teammate's rig killed my score! Still managed to drag him through a few more gates but still.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003EDGE View Post
Ok, I have a question. If in a team event, one vehicle has a failure to where they can't go any further. Can the other vehicle finish the course? The DNF due to a failure on my teammate's rig killed my score! Still managed to drag him through a few more gates but still.
I was seeing that on a lot of the score sheets. I think we should allow the 1 min-ish repair/10 + points and if they cant fix it the other member should carry on!
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #67

I totally agree with that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forum Runner
Old 02-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

That happend to Jon and Jeremy lol first gate jons died and jeremy was stuck there as well....talk about a bummer!! Luckily Jon fixed it and returned to carry on.
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #69

I just got finished reading the 2014 rules on the SORCCA website. Now I am wondering how strict we plan to be on the class 3 rule for custom hard body resembling a 1:1 vehicle. If we are going to follow the rule I may need to rethink the body for my current build. Here is what the body looks like so far.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Rules...geez. Seems like ya'll need to back off on the rules on the local level and just have fun! Worry about the rules when you plan a trip to drive out of state for a G6 and are paying entry fees and competing against other drivers that you don't see on a regular basis!

Again I'm not a scale guy, but to explain why I'm saying what I am I'll tell you this...in years past I got wrapped up in the competitive nature of comp crawling and I would work myself up leading up to a comp and then if I didn't do as well as I'd hope I'd beat myself up over it. The fun was all but gone. This year I've taken several steps back and realized that if I'm not having a good time driving my trucks on the rocks there's no reason to be doing this anymore. I know I enjoy driving my trucks, but if I can't participate in a comp without the anxiety and such it's not worth it.

Comp crawlers are quite a bit different as far as the rules go...they need to be strict or else you can really let things get out of hand, but the scalers have so many attributes to them that I really think ya'll should focus more so on the intent of the rules than the exact written meaning. As long as each class of rig adheres to the overall sizes included in the rules such as tire size, wheelbase, etc. who cares what it looks like. I see a lot of builds here on RCC where people have designed there own vehicle that doesn't resemble any production vehicles and they look...and function...very well.

Just my .02...
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #71
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurayt View Post
I just got finished reading the 2014 rules on the SORCCA website. Now I am wondering how strict we plan to be on the class 3 rule for custom hard body resembling a 1:1 vehicle. If we are going to follow the rule I may need to rethink the body for my current build. Here is what the body looks like so far.

Looks like a mog-ish vehicle to me.

We allow many vehicles that do not fit the class specs, but we let them run anyway. It would probably be comparable to someone running a 14 inch wb but not a 7 inch tire in 2.2 pro. I might be a little off on my reference but you get the idea.

I'm not entirely sure we need this thread. It seems like most of the events here have been going off the sorrca rules anyway. I could edit the first couple of posts and delete the rules portion. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by cykb4117; 03-04-2014 at 09:59 PM.
cykb4117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

I thought c3 was a "whatever" class anyway....
smokinloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:30 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quick question on c1 bodies. The rules state the bed must be the same width of the cab the full length of the bed. So does that disqualify a flare side like the Blackfoot body? Since they narrow naturally after the rear wheels even though it mimics a true stock truck. Might be a dumb question but im working on one that I was planning for a c1 rig.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:11 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Thurayt, I would say that you would be C3 with that rig. The body is well, mogish/truckish. A wraith is just some lexan scraps for the most part lol.

IttyBitty...for sake of not arguing, whatever. We take our comps just as serious as the comp crawlers do. Just my .02

Slim, this came up at the past comp. A honcho got bumped to C2 due to the tube bed kicking in at the back. That is a sticky one. May need to open this one up for discussion.

;
Old 03-05-2014, 06:00 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003EDGE View Post
Thurayt, I would say that you would be C3 with that rig. The body is well, mogish/truckish. A wraith is just some lexan scraps for the most part lol.

IttyBitty...for sake of not arguing, whatever. We take our comps just as serious as the comp crawlers do. Just my .02

Slim, this came up at the past comp. A honcho got bumped to C2 due to the tube bed kicking in at the back. That is a sticky one. May need to open this one up for discussion.

;

The honcho bed came up again in the sorrca rules and they said a dovetail had to start at the back of the cab. So the small notches missing on a honcho bed are I fact class 1 legal if it has a rear bumper. The Blackfoot should be fine as well.
skerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinloon View Post
I thought c3 was a "whatever" class anyway....

Not quite, the body and siE rules are there for a reason, otherwise someone could just throw a lexan body on a 2.2s rig in class 3.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurayt View Post

http://<a href="http://s1346.photobu...[/IMG]</a>

Is the body as wide as the inside of the tires? Those are. 1.9s right? You could probably make that a class 2 with some finishing work.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:14 AM   #78

After reading the rules again this morning I'm wondering if the custom built hard body rule pertains more to class 1 and 2 vehicles.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:16 AM   #79

Brooks, I have SCX10 axles with 1.9s, but the body is only 5.25" wide. I'm shooting for a class 3

Old 03-05-2014, 06:18 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

Ryan, we build these vehicles, many are very custom , and we build them to a set of regulations that keeps us all on a similar playing field. That is one of the aspects that make it fun is knowing everyone you are competing with is in the same class as you. I find it funny that you feel like we are too strict on rules yet in the scrcc scaler comp you are having in March you plan to count reverse points. Nobody I have seen has been super worked up about anything at our comps, it's really laid back and fun. But we have rules for a reason, and this thread is for people to ask questions about them so it's not a surprise at the comp.

Scale Rules/Scoring/Judging/Teams discussion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 scale rules discussion or question thead War Pig Scale Comp Rules 808 08-15-2014 09:29 PM
sincityrcrc practice comp, judging/scoring clinic. may 9th. dieselfuel Nevada 0 04-29-2009 12:06 AM