RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ssd-trail-king-pro-scale-chassis-builder-kit/)
-   -   Price drop!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ssd-trail-king-pro-scale-chassis-builder-kit/612300-price-drop.html)

HumboldtEF 11-20-2019 05:58 PM

Re: Price drop!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5978344)
When did shops stop allowing coupons on the Trail King? I thought you could use coupons initially or am I mistaken?

I think they did allow them early on, I recall when I ordered mine RPP sent me a gift certificate for what the coupon would have saved (and I didn't even ask for it). Maybe that was just a promo for when it was newly released, or maybe it went away after the price got reduced.

SSD 11-21-2019 02:53 AM

Coupons were turned off when the price dropped.

JatoTheRipper 11-29-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSD (Post 5978479)
Coupons were turned off when the price dropped.

Makes sense.

You might want to talk to AMain. They raised the price back up to $449 overnight. I'm sure it's just to cover their ass for the Black Friday sale, but they claim otherwise.

Panther6834 11-29-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5980050)
Makes sense.

You might want to talk to AMain. They raised the price back up to $449 overnight. I'm sure it's just to cover their ass for the Black Friday sale, but they claim otherwise.

Not only that, but, what they're doing (depending on the states you live in) can be considered illegal. There have been a number of lawsuits over the past 10-15 years, against Sears, Macy's, Target, and several others, for doing this type of "deceptive marketing", and, depending on the state, several of these have resulted in decisions against the retailers.

I've about to call AMain, and see what happens. I'll update here, as well as in the 'Black Friday' thread, after the call.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

JatoTheRipper 11-29-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther6834 (Post 5980054)
Not only that, but, what they're doing (depending on the states you live in) can be considered illegal. There have been a number of lawsuits over the past 10-15 years, against Sears, Macy's, Target, and several others, for doing this type of "deceptive marketing", and, depending on the state, several of these have resulted in decisions against the retailers.

I've about to call AMain, and see what happens. I'll update here, as well as in the 'Black Friday' thread, after the call.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Yes, there have been lawsuits on it.

Please let me know what they say. I'm guessing you'll get a similar line of BS.

Panther6834 11-29-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5980057)
Yes, there have been lawsuits on it.

Please let me know what they say. I'm guessing you'll get a similar line of BS.

So as to not "double post" (don't want to violate any forum rules), I've posted the update under the 'Black Friday' thread. While the info I provide is most 'bad news', if those reading this know how to "read between the lines", you might discover some 'good news'.