RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ssd-trail-king-pro-scale-chassis-builder-kit/)
-   -   TK powertrain? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ssd-trail-king-pro-scale-chassis-builder-kit/615584-tk-powertrain.html)

Markeje 02-12-2020 07:28 AM

TK powertrain?

I am looking to build one of these. I have experience with 2 built Bronco wraiths with Mambas and Rock 412s and all steel gears, etc.
For the TK I want to go waterproof . I think I am going with the Mamba X or Mamba Micro X? and HH PP BP 540 2700kV and reefs T5. With the factory TK gearing, will this be crawler smooth and moderately fast if needed?
Will this be a smooth operator?
As a side note, I think I am leaning towards mounting the TRX bronco body as well.

svt923 02-12-2020 07:54 AM

Re: TK powertrain?

Hard to say since "smooth" and "moderately fast" to you might not be my interpretation of those things.

Nearly all my scale trucks are geared for 6-8 mph on the top end, the TK has stock gearing of 44.2:1 so a 2200kv motor on 3S would be my choice. That is enough speed to pop up a lip or jump the occasional gap but not so fast you never go past 1/4 throttle. Brushless doesn't get much better than the Puller Pros, I have never wanted for more low speed control from the 4 I have.

Voodoobrew 02-12-2020 10:11 AM

I would not go stubby, it didn't have the torque of a traxxas 21t 550. Just swapped for a lighter motor. I hat the 3300kv stubby and deared it down to 160:1 after

Markeje 02-12-2020 11:42 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I don't have any experience with anything other than my Bouncers and that type of hill climbing.
I am not looking to flip, jump and bach this haha. Especially if I put the TRX body on it, but that is not my intentions with this build.

But is there any advantage or disadvantage between the Mamba X or Micro X? I am leaning towards the Micro as 3s is what I plan to run...and I would not have to fell the need to remove the fan if i am running in really wet conditions.

mikemcE 02-12-2020 12:31 PM

Big difference is the bec, you’ll need one for your servo on the micro. The aux switch is another plus if you need it

Hang up and Drive

Markeje 02-13-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5997958)
Big difference is the bec, you’ll need one for your servo on the micro. The aux switch is another plus if you need it

Hang up and Drive

Yep for sure. that will save me room not having to add a BEC!

Voodoobrew 02-13-2020 10:58 AM

The micro has a aux switch too. The mamba x can do 6s, data logging and bigger bec.

HumboldtEF 02-13-2020 11:22 AM

Another difference between those ESC's is how much full throttle they can take for an extended period. The Micro X is meant for slow crawling and may get too hot if ran hard while the regular X can take a lot more full throttle action.