Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit

Notices

Thread: JSScale Range Rover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2021, 09:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default JSScale Range Rover

I’ve been looking into a JSScale 3-door Range Rover for awhile now and finally pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago. I’ve decided to build it on the TrailKing Chassis.
Body, interior and aluminum bumpers were ordered through JSScale and the TK chassis along with OD upfront and SSD weight knuckles are on there way from Amain.
Still need to figure out electronics (will probably be a 1080 with a 5-slot Holmes motor) and wheels and tires.

This is the end goal (leaves me the option of doing a full Camel build down the road):

Body arrived:

As well as an obnoxious amount of Phillips hardware. I had forgotten how much I detest small hardware but atleast each bag was clearly labelled.

Got a little work in today with the rear side panels as well as rear section and tailgate.

Hoping to get the body roughly assembled this week then moving onto the chassis.
Smonkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: JSScale Range Rover

Completed the body, just waiting for the snow to stop so I can paint.

Could be awhile before the body is painted and fully assembled, looks like snow all week.

TK chassis arrived in the mail this week and I get assembling this weekend.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

One of my favorite 4x4s; "iconic" is how I would describe it.

Do you paint outdoors or something? If not and it's just the weather, you can mitigate it by heating up the painting
area, the paint and the body (to a reasonable degree). Otherwise, yeah, cure times are abysmal.

I wouldn't have known this body existed if it weren't for people like you (just a noob meself, wouldn't know where to look)

Undead Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:56 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Jeeper View Post
One of my favorite 4x4s; "iconic" is how I would describe it.

Do you paint outdoors or something? If not and it's just the weather, you can mitigate it by heating up the painting
area, the paint and the body (to a reasonable degree). Otherwise, yeah, cure times are abysmal.

I wouldn't have known this body existed if it weren't for people like you (just a noob meself, wouldn't know where to look)

I do all my painting outdoors so it’s very much weather dependant.

Managed to sneak in a little work today, assembled the front and rear axles. Went with the SSDRC overdrive in the front as well as their brass knuckles.

I’ve also been printing interior pieces that I found on myminifactory.

Need to pick up a motor this weekend so I can start assembly of the transmission.
Going to go with a Reedy 5-slot and pair it with a 1080 esc.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:07 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Been awhile but I’m finally making some progress. Mail day this week was a big motivator and I mounted the 1.9 beadlocks onto 1.7 RC4WD Falkens.

The chassis is almost complete as well. Went with a Reedy 5-slot motor and will pair it with the 1080 esc.

And to top it all off the weather cooperated and I was able to start painting the body shell.

The body is designed to be painted in pieces and then assembled. Hope to get the paint mostly done this weekend, weather permitting. Spring Break is a week away and that will give me time to assemble the body and get it mounted on the chassis.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:13 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Made some huge progress this weekend and getting close to getting it out for a run.

Body is painted, doors are mounted and this was a rough placement on the chassis. I had extra SSD RC hubs and they fit perfectly in the beadlocks.

Had to make sure it cleared the engine.

Got the body mounted where I want it and assembled the front end. Bumper is aluminum from CCHand. Installed the license plate mount but I feel like it’s gonna take some abuse.

Body sits a bit high for my liking, will probable need to switch to an 80mm shock down the road.

This weeks I’ll get the hood and roof mounted, age the body, install the windows and start working on the interior. ESC will arrive next week and then it’ll be time to get it out on the trails.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:24 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Almost ready to hit the trails.
Body is painted and fully assembled, I did some light weathering and then hit it all with a flat clear.

When I was applying the weathering I some how lost the A from the hood, it actually suits the weathered look.

I was able to use the SSD sliders to mount the body which is far superior to the ones that come with the body. Those 4 screws come up through the floor and bolt in.

Also weathered and installed the interior. Apparently there’s an STL for a rear bench seat but I haven’t bothered with it yet.

I also printed a tool box that will be where my battery is stored.

Just a few more photos of the progress.

ESC is going in this week. Will be running the Spektrum Firma 40 ESC/Reciever. Decided to go this route do to the small amount of space I have and the fact that I needed a Spektrum reciever as well and it was cheaper just to get the Firma.
License plates are ordered as well as wipers and mirrors.
I’ll be installing the PowerShift RC light kit as well this week and then it’ll be trail time.
Still want to get 80mm shocks (going to try the BRX01) but super happy with how it’s coming.

JSScale Range Rover - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your land rover/ range rover pics here! kronik General Scale Talk 217 03-29-2024 05:26 AM
Jsscale Range Rover - TRX 4 pryskna Videos! 0 03-18-2019 08:32 AM
Jsscale Range Rover on TRx 4 pryskna Videos! 0 02-17-2019 07:04 AM