RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ssd-trail-king-pro-scale-chassis-builder-kit/)
-   -   is the Trail King chassis the same as the SCX10 II? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ssd-trail-king-pro-scale-chassis-builder-kit/623506-trail-king-chassis-same-scx10-ii.html)

Alexei 02-13-2021 05:36 PM

is the Trail King chassis the same as the SCX10 II?

is the chassis rails/frames of the Trail King and SCX10 II the same dimensions?

looks like a lot of the same parts and upgrades fit both, so i could be interested in getting one of those two.

ScaleLifeNewbie 02-13-2021 06:47 PM

Re: is the Trail King chassis the same as the SCX10 II?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexei (Post 6068646)

looks like a lot of the same parts and upgrades fit both, so i could be interested in getting one of those two.

Yes, very similar if not exact. If I had to choose one, it would most definitely be the Trail King- way more money value than the SCX10ii and the quality is there.

mikemcE 02-14-2021 06:06 AM

Yes, I used all SSD axles with my SCX10ii build, and now I’ve swapped a Sherpa frame on it. Very interchangeable, with double the quality

Hang up and Drive

smc-93 02-15-2021 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexei (Post 6068646)

The Trail King is essentially an SCX10 II clone with a bunch of SSDs aftermarket mods pre-installed, with some minor improvements. Everything on the Trail King seems to fit together better, the panhard bar doesn't hit the axle before bottoming out the shocks, side plates are flat on the bottom, ect. I'd definitely go with the Trail King. Even if you bought SCX10 parts and they didn't fit, it should only require basic modification to install on a Trail King.
Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Phildirt 02-15-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie (Post 6068658)
Yes, very similar if not exact. If I had to choose one, it would most definitely be the Trail King- way more money value than the SCX10ii and the quality is there.

:lmao:I tried to convince you of this for a month :lmao:

Alexei 02-15-2021 01:53 PM

ok good to hear.
i have bought the RC4WD leaf spring conversion kit for SCX10 II and had planned to get an SCX10 II.
but seeing that the Trail King is kind of a better version of the SCX10 II, im considering getting the Trail King instead.
it also comes with the motor in front as i would want.

ScaleLifeNewbie 02-15-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildirt (Post 6068926)
:lmao:I tried to convince you of this for a month :lmao:

Yeah i know lol. It just went through my thick skull

Quoted from “Gearing” thread, As far as the Trailwalker thing, I have decided to just check it off the list. I feel like if I’m buying a new rig, may as well go with a chassis that’ll preform and look better. I wanted the Enduro because it is in my current budget, but why not spend the extra money to get a better chassis and save more in the long run?

Phildirt 02-16-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie (Post 6069054)
Yeah i know lol. It just went through my thick skull

Quoted from “Gearing” thread, As far as the Trailwalker thing, I have decided to just check it off the list. I feel like if I’m buying a new rig, may as well go with a chassis that’ll preform and look better. I wanted the Enduro because it is in my current budget, but why not spend the extra money to get a better chassis and save more in the long run?

I wouldn't compare the Trailwalker to the Trail King. Too many differences to go down that rabbit hole lol.

ScaleLifeNewbie 02-16-2021 10:29 AM

is the Trail King chassis the same as the SCX10 II?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildirt (Post 6069098)
I wouldn't compare the Trailwalker to the Trail King. Too many differences to go down that rabbit hole lol.

Exactly. It’s more of its own thing(from what I’ve seen).