RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ssd-trail-king-pro-scale-chassis-builder-kit/)
-   -   Trail King replacement parts? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ssd-trail-king-pro-scale-chassis-builder-kit/628526-trail-king-replacement-parts.html)

Goro Majima 03-03-2022 01:04 PM

Trail King replacement parts?

I started my TK kit today. First bag, I start assembling the rear axle and discover I'm missing a bearing carrier/holder for the spool. Checked the other sealed bags in case it was there but it's truly missing. I'd like to believe this box was truly sealed since it still had the factory sealed SSD stickers for the box. Buzz kill on this build.

Anyone else have a missing part like this before? I've already sent them a message about it, if anything can be done.

EDIT: Part found hiding behind stuff on desk haha... I could swear I emptied the bag carefully enough that parts wouldn't scatter. Carry on...

Ots 03-03-2022 03:39 PM

Re: Trail King replacement parts?

Love it. I have so many stories so much worse that this.

Goro Majima 03-03-2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ots (Post 6109976)
Love it. I have so many stories so much worse that this.

Sent SSD an email too beforehand. F*** me, right?

Ots 03-03-2022 04:08 PM

That makes it even better!

Goro Majima 03-03-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ots (Post 6109979)
That makes it even better!

Hahaha

Timmahh 03-03-2022 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goro Majima (Post 6109964)
I started my TK kit today. First bag, I start assembling the rear axle and discover I'm missing a bearing carrier/holder for the spool. Checked the other sealed bags in case it was there but it's truly missing. I'd like to believe this box was truly sealed since it still had the factory sealed SSD stickers for the box. Buzz kill on this build.

Anyone else have a missing part like this before? I've already sent them a message about it, if anything can be done.

EDIT: Part found hiding behind stuff on desk haha... I could swear I emptied the bag carefully enough that parts wouldn't scatter. Carry on...

Good to hear.
My 2 SSD Kits were a real pleasure to build, even though I leafed one of them, did bta steering etc. Still a great build. SSD Kits are the Shit IMO.

Goro Majima 03-03-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmahh (Post 6109984)
Good to hear.

My 2 SSD Kits were a real pleasure to build, even though I leafed one of them, did bta steering etc. Still a great build. SSD Kits are the Shit IMO.

Oh I'm enjoying piecing this one together. I got kinda bummed when I did think I didn't have the piece after reading up on how good of a build this was but I'm starting to see it come together nicely.

I've only completed a few builder's kits. First was the Gatekeeper, then a most recent MST CFX-W. I'm not even done with this TK kit and it's already my favorite piecing together. GK a close 2nd and MST would be 2nd if it had more metal pieces.

soze 03-03-2022 11:40 PM

The TK is definitely a nice kit!

Timmahh 03-06-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 6110001)
The TK is definitely a nice kit!

Yup.
Just ordered the goods to build a new F Pro44 Front Axle for my kit using the brass knuckles and the scale lock out hubs.

Can't wait to get them here.
Though I'm not so eager about paying the cc bill soon afterwards. lol

Goro Majima 03-06-2022 07:12 PM

^ Nice.

Final conclusion of this kit, it has been fully assembled and went together with no hiccups. I'm thinking I may need to go a hair softer on the springs but I'll figure that out once the body gets mounted. This kit is going cantilever via Xtraspeed so there's a few weeks to wait. I may start the build thread on it at least.