Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Rockslide super crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #21
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMTech-RC View Post
Wow, another expert.
Krawler Hobbies asked a few questions and I gave an honest answer. FYI I actually like some of Redcat's products, and gave some feedback since he knows the owner of RedCat. Ya got a problem with that or something? We don't sugarcoat or back rub each other around here.

Quote:
BUT, the guy is asking if the Redcat is a good crawler that can be upgraded. He didn't ask what was the best Super Crawler you can buy.
No, He wants to know WHY people don't run them and IF the Rockslide can be upgraded.

Quote:
Hi, Just wondering I can see that most of you say that the rockslide brand is bad and that the Rockslide super crawler is just a NO NO....
I wonder the reason.....
I saw them crawl nicely in some videos so why would it just not be capable? What is wrong with it? Can it be upgraded to become a YES YES crawler?
Quote:
If you are an expert crawler and want to compete every weekend -- don't buy the Redcat. It will ruin your reputation for having the best money can buy.
We don't have a problem with an affordable truck, so get over it. What we want is something that is can be worth our investment and actually hold up whether it is a $200 or $2000 truck. The Rockslide is a good buy if you don't plan on modifying it and a horrible investment if you do plan on modifying it.

Last edited by ThinkTank; 02-23-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: proof read.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #22
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
If i do recall the original CLOD Axles were plastic too...hmmmm they must be junk...
They are junk, everybody built their axles out of after market parts from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
also, how much of your original CLOD/BERG/ What ever is accualy ORIGINAL????
Absolutely nothing. That's whole point Sherlock Holmes. The difference is you could get something useful out of them.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

What exactly is the difference? It was a LONG TIME before there were all the aftermarket following for the clod stuff. The Rockslide super and RS10 JUST came out over the summer!!! So how bout sit back and see just what Redcat has coming for both!!! I have alittle insight on things with them and the aftermarket IS coming which is a hell of alot fast then some companies bring out aftermarket for thier rigs!!!!
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADASSPONY View Post
What exactly is the difference? It was a LONG TIME before there were all the aftermarket following for the clod stuff. The Rockslide super and RS10 JUST came out over the summer!!! So how bout sit back and see just what Redcat has coming for both!!! I have alittle insight on things with them and the aftermarket IS coming which is a hell of alot fast then some companies bring out aftermarket for thier rigs!!!!
Good to hear....IF they make upgrade aluminum tubes, cases, and knuckles as well as some serious CVDS and metal gears then this would definitely be another great choice for the superclass.
jfraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #25
Release your anger..

Quote:
That sounds great, I'm looking forward to it. What kind of upgrades are they planning? Will they sell axle kits as well?

Edit: Whats his name beat me.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

Well let me thank all of your fine answers. I got the idea of what to look for in getting a redcat and what not to.

I understand it will never be a competition ready super crawler, but no one pretends it to be with that price range.

I was looking for a good entry level super crawler that wondn't need $600 investment, and I think this is the solution.

I am not into competition but I don't want a crawler that can brake each time I go out in the field.

I will be testing this crawler as soon as I find a good deal out there, since it looks it might be fun.
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Talk to Jason at Krawler Hobbies, he has great deals. He was doing free shipping but I dont know if he is anymore or not.
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfraymond View Post
TO answer your question the reason the hardcore superclass drivers dont go with this model is due to unknown durability at this point and the fact 90% of the setup will not be used ($289 for axle cases and maybe some reusable hardware is not cost effective if your gonna compete it).....Hardcore superclass comp trucks are for the most part peiced together from seperate components that you "hope" to count on NOT breaking when doing stuff in a comp that you know will likely break it and cost you points...the axle cases themselves are about the only thing left from any RTR kit class super. And to be honest the only axle set realistically usable in its stock form are the RC4wd bullies....everything else you still have to replace alot of the internals to make comp ready.

That being said I personally think this truck for recreational use might just be the ticket for someone wanting to get started in the super class. You will be able to hit the rocks immediately and as long as you dont "force the issue alot" it seems would be a very economical way to get your feet wet and have alot of fun with the most capable class of truck in the sport. It also seems that the people promoting this truck will stand behind their product.

As for whether this can be made into "a YES YES Crawler?" Anything can be made into a yes yes crawler with enough modification. The question is whether you have the skills to fabricate all the changes needed. Until the red cat model is available in a Axle only/or roller only purchase and have serious aftermarket internals readily available it will not be a viable "comp only" use truck for the hardcore crowd.

I could not have said it better. Thank you!

Quote:
Talk to Jason at Krawler Hobbies, he has great deals. He was doing free shipping but I dont know if he is anymore or not.

And, yes, we are still doing free shipping on this rig!! Please, PM me for details!!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:05 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbyx View Post
Well let me thank all of your fine answers. I got the idea of what to look for in getting a redcat and what not to.

I understand it will never be a competition ready super crawler, but no one pretends it to be with that price range.

I was looking for a good entry level super crawler that wondn't need $600 investment, and I think this is the solution.

I am not into competition but I don't want a crawler that can brake each time I go out in the field.

I will be testing this crawler as soon as I find a good deal out there, since it looks it might be fun.
I'm sure you will find ways to modify and upgrade things to your taste. As stated by a few members most of our super crawlers are pretty much built from scratch. I think the only thing on my super that i haven't modified in some way are the chassis side plates. Oh wait I think i may have filed the edges cuz they were to sharp. If you get the redcat and need help chime in to the super crawlers section and you will have plenty of help and support figuring out your problems.

Oh, when I bought my Clodbuster some 16 to 20yrs ago there was no support and when support came it was very limited.
SUPERINVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Glad you found your answers.

I should hav eone of the best deals out there on the Super. If not, give me a call.

Redcat Rockslide Super Crawler
RAMTech-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Talking

Well let me tell you guys that I really apreciated every single answer I got from this post.

Anyway I bought a GMADE spider crawler that has nothing to do with the mentioned Rockslide, (I just coudn't resist).

So I hope to be in the super crawler class soon enough. As soon as it arives I will do a review on it since I can't seem to find one in this forum...

Thanks to you all....

Norbyx
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Well i have to say there are ignorant people on here cuz yeah like one guy said redcat is a newer company. I have three rockslide super crawlers. One for my kids with battery upgrades for longer run time I got one in parts so I don't have to wait 3 weeks plus for my parts to show up in the mail. And then there is my heavily modified supercrawler named venomCat for I only run venom lipos and it's redcat. Anyway I've gone through the trouble of buying every part available for this rig and that was not a cheap venture plus all the custom work I've done to this unit has made it an extremely solid unit with all aluminum body and all the extras had to remove the ESC for something better. Once it was all put together I beat my buddies Lozi super crawler in a tug a war I beat him in the steps mine climbed as his could not reach up to my crawler also drove right up and over his and he could only get one end of his on mine. But yeah these things are slow as hell and don't go anywhere fast but it's a crawler the name says it all. And plus who else has 100 turn motors this thing is unsurpassed in torque. The tires and the motors are the only thing I left stock and that's only cuz can't find tires that will fit for an upgrade and love the 100turn motors. You really should try something before criticizing it cuz once the money is put in this unit is unstoppable & the ground clearance is twice that of this other brands I'd put my money where my mouth is anytime on the solidity of the parts and this whole unit is very nice for a first time round super. Nothing around here can beat mine. That has stepped up that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VenomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Rockslide super crawler

Perhaps you should look at dates before you go off on a rant.
This thread is from 2010.

As for nothing around beating your car. I was unaware this was all a pissing contest. Do you have any videos of your truck running? It would be good to see if the car is as good as you claim.
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

lol, Venomcat.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #35

This is my rockslide

I`m in South Korea.

But this car dont have universal shaft.

My rockslide has very small angle

This is very poor.

Thanks you

VIDEO

2013 11 24 JRCT

JRCT 11 24
Jang mun su is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jang mun su View Post
This is my rockslide

I`m in South Korea.

But this car dont have universal shaft.

My rockslide has very small angle

This is very poor.

Thanks you

VIDEO

2013 11 24 JRCT

JRCT 11 24

You can get limited slip diff kits and put them together in place of the spur gear drive shft and then you won't be twisting them all the time cuz I was constatly rebuilding and swapping those out in pieces and since I got the limited diffs not one issue and I'm rough on it.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by filotr14lsdude View Post
Perhaps you should look at dates before you go off on a rant.
This thread is from 2010.

As for nothing around beating your car. I was unaware this was all a pissing contest. Do you have any videos of your truck running? It would be good to see if the car is as good as you claim.

I don't car about the dates on it I'm new here and figured I'd add my .2 worth as I run one and this beast is solid. And yes videos will come soon I'm still looking for the time and the rocks to crawl on as I'm up far north canada and am not finding many rock piles anywhere