RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Superclass Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/superclass-crawlers/)
-   -   Pistol Grip Tech (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/superclass-crawlers/247010-pistol-grip-tech.html)

SVEN 04-29-2010 04:56 PM

Pistol Grip Tech

2 Attachment(s)
We have a twin stick tech thread, so why not a pistol grip tech thread?

Post your settings/setup for you Nomadio React, Futaba 4pk, or any other pistol grip radio.

Here is my dual esc setup for my Nomadio React:

I use the thumb wheel for 5 steps for the rear steer on ch4 (2 left, center, 3, 2 right),

I use the button on the grip to activate/deactivate front dig.

4xFord 04-29-2010 05:37 PM

These were my React super settings, dual ESC. But I am trying out the 4pk and will post those settings when I get there.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ersettings.jpg

JeremyH 04-29-2010 06:27 PM

Hey, it's like you guys read my mind. :lol:

Thanks for posting these up!

4xFord 04-29-2010 07:41 PM

Ya that one was for you Jeremy LMK if that helps.

666 04-29-2010 07:42 PM

You guys are nuts, talk about complicating..... ;-)

JeremyH 04-29-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xFord (Post 2431828)
Ya that one was for you Jeremy LMK if that helps.

You bet your ass it does. I've got the rear steer setup how I like it, but I am still having troubles with the Rx and that second ESC...

SVEN 04-29-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 2431833)
You guys are nuts, talk about complicating..... ;-)

Hell hath frozen over! I bought a DX6 this week.

I'll be checking out the twin stick tech once I get an rx for it.

I like the pistol because once it is set up, it is easy to operate. Where as the stick seems easy to setup, but complicated to operate. I will have a more experienced opinion once I get the sticks working.

666 04-29-2010 07:54 PM

I would be glad to take the complicating away from it, as i am sure Joey would too.

Sometimes simple is too much for some people, you have to make it confusing for them to understand....

TrademarkJeff 09-16-2010 04:37 PM

How about for a dx3r?

BIG T 11-16-2010 10:12 PM

hmm interesting

Harley 01-11-2011 09:53 PM

Here are two videos showing the capabilities of the 4PL with a super crawler "thumbsup"

Super class setup video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-inHJqK4W8

A video specific to the built in 4WS mixing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmz0k_SQ9Yc

k goodrich 01-12-2011 09:27 AM

great vid i can't wait to get my 4pl back from the updates. this is great "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Scottmisfits 06-13-2011 04:43 PM

Anyone have a setup for the 4PKS yet? I like the idea of using the trim but I want to be able to have the steering on the back axle as responsive as it is on my front, and mixed in if possible. Something like hitting the switch one way is crab crawl, matching input from the front wheels and going the other way on the switch gives me tight turning, again, in proportion to the front.

Scottmisfits 06-18-2011 08:10 AM

No one has figured out the 4PKS yet? I have been playing with mine but haven't gotten very far with it.

boulder 08-07-2011 11:12 AM

I just got my 4PKS this week, starting to set minor things like steering speed, end points to keep from oversteering and breaking stuff. Next will be to get into 4 wheel steering on my Wraith, if it's available and play with the radio some more...

Rckcrwlr 10-07-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVEN (Post 2431841)
Hell hath frozen over! I bought a DX6 this week. :shock:

I'll be checking out the twin stick tech once I get an rx for it.

I like the pistol because once it is set up, it is easy to operate. Where as the stick seems easy to setup, but complicated to operate. I will have a more experienced opinion once I get the sticks working.

Good luck with that...

You need a steady hand and a quad-core processing mind. :lmao:

CREEPERBOB 10-07-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr (Post 3315782)
Good luck with that...

AND A COUPLE EXTRA FINGERS WOULD PROBALLY HELP.:ror:

SVEN 10-08-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr (Post 3315782)
Good luck with that...

Weird, my 'shock' smiley face changed automatically.

Yeah, it didn't work out. Got a 4pl now. Which I set up per Harley's video instructions.

reedpowell33 03-25-2012 03:06 PM

Re: Pistol Grip Tech

Pulled out my old clod crawler with the Futuba Attack 4ch. Ordered new super bully axles, new servo, and I'm building a new chassis.
Figured that I could shelve the Attack and save it for a bruiser build *still have the original shift gate*
I'd be interested in a pistol grip radio but I'd miss having complete independent control over rear steering.
I've seen video of rear steer dialed in independently on the fly. Could someone recommend a transmitter that will allow me to have a momentary switch or dial that would allow this control.

natesel 03-25-2012 03:11 PM

Re: Pistol Grip Tech

Quote:

Originally Posted by reedpowell33 (Post 3648731)
Pulled out my old clod crawler with the Futuba Attack 4ch. Ordered new super bully axles, new servo, and I'm building a new chassis.
Figured that I could shelve the Attack and save it for a bruiser build *still have the original shift gate*
I'd be interested in a pistol grip radio but I'd miss having complete independent control over rear steering.
I've seen video of rear steer dialed in independently on the fly. Could someone recommend a transmitter that will allow me to have a momentary switch or dial that would allow this control.

I use the 4pks with two buttons around the steering, and the dial on top of the radio set to control the rear steer. the dial on top I have set to 5% increments and the buttons around the steering to 10%. Its not as fine tuned or fast as using a twin stick, but i gets the job done for me.