Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Super Rear Axle Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #1

Default Super Rear Axle Problem

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on why my Super's rear axle does not drive nearly as hard and my motor overheats? I am running Raptor 2 axles, Integy 65T motors, 2 Mamba Esc's, Castle BEC, and a Spektrum DX6i. When I put it on the rocks, the front tires pull hard and it seems like the rear doesn't have enough power to spin the wheels or push the front end over the rocks. I have swapped axles F to R and had the same problem so I don't think the axle is binding. I have the mix on the DX6i set at 100% so the wheels should have the power. I have run the system with 2 separate batteries so I think each motor is getting enough juice. I was just looking to see if anyone had any advice. Thanks.
Real Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Sounds like you have "clod stall" try running smaller pinion in the rear. It helps reduce the clod stall.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Did you swap everything front to rear, wheels and all? I tried some different hex's without paying close attention and the wheel was barely rubbing the knuckle causing exactly what your describing.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

did you try swapping MOTORS only front to rear?
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #5

I did swap axles with the wheels on them. I have tried many different motors with the same problem in the rear. I don't think it is "clod stall" since I am actually running two ESC's? I thought that was when you had one ESC and the front motor pulled more juice? Someone sent me a PM about getting rid of my DX6i but it didn't sound like a technical argument. I appreciate all of your help. I will have to start tinkering with it more this week to see if any ideas help narrow it down.
Real Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote