Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Super Experiment... :&

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #181
RCC Addict

any Robinson Racing Pinion for a 1/10 scale moter will work.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #182

you should come with a 3 link eliminator kit that replaces the 3 link mount on the motor with a 4 link mount. Like the ZNO wing eliminator. Simple design yet effective.
MMjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #183
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMjeep View Post
you should come with a 3 link eliminator kit that replaces the 3 link mount on the motor with a 4 link mount. Like the ZNO wing eliminator. Simple design yet effective.
The duel servo mount will double as the 4 link replacing the 3 link once I get the $$$ to finish the testing... mainly I'm waiting for some toasted eletronics to be replaced from castle that was DOA.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
The duel servo mount will double as the 4 link replacing the 3 link once I get the $$$ to finish the testing... mainly I'm waiting for some toasted eletronics to be replaced from castle that was DOA.
I was thinking more for the rear than the front. Cause unless you build a bracket like yours there is no way to do 4link in the rear.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #185
RCC Addict

Quote:
I was thinking more for the rear than the front. Cause unless you build a bracket like yours there is no way to do 4link in the rear.
The dual servo bracket for the 4 link conversion can be used with one servo then just mount your ESC on the other side on each axle...
Old 07-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #186

did you ever do the dual esc setup? i wonder if you used 2 stock esc's what would happen? been thinking bout going to this setup instead of a dig switch. What would be needed another esc and probably a bec but what amp and size? This electronics stuff confuses the crap out of me.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #187
RCC Addict

Default Experiment Continued...

Well, I Finlay got some extra $$$ and time to work on my super a little more. I found that if you use tome 1/8 revo 17mm hubs and drill a new pin hole just out side the hex, you get a perfect snug fit!!! and helps bring in your track width.

The Chassis.... Well, I finished tweaking the original design that was sent to me for my liking, got her cut and put together. Now I have to finish up the custom links, body panels and we will have a roller..

Here's a photo with my girl modeling it. She approves with her... ouwwww, eee, ggaaaaaaa

And some other shots...

Old 07-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #188

Looks good looking forward to see this thing all put together.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #189
RCC Addict

Default Roller

Well, i got more time today so do the body panels and work on the roller... I still have to adjust the upper links a touch and shorten the lowers by about 1/8th of an inch to get her to 18 inches on the nose!!! So far, I think it's looking promising.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #190
Rock Crawler

That looks great Adam, good luck with it!
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #191

man that thing looks badass. Do you have a measurement to the bottom of the frame. A+ on the chassis.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #192
RCC Addict

Quote:
man that thing looks badass. Do you have a measurement to the bottom of the frame. A+ on the chassis.
it gives you 5 inches of clearance at the center of the chassis whe way it's set up. You can run the ride hight lower then what I have it set at. This is just my starting point. I would like to use some slightly smaller shocks but the stocker's will have to do for now. The chassis dimensions meet the minimum rules on all dimensions.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #193
I wanna be Dave

That looks great, super work Adam.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #194

Quote:
it gives you 5 inches of clearance at the center of the chassis whe way it's set up. You can run the ride hight lower then what I have it set at. This is just my starting point. I would like to use some slightly smaller shocks but the stocker's will have to do for now. The chassis dimensions meet the minimum rules on all dimensions.
I seen where nitrorcx is now offering aluminum shock upgrade for the made torque instead of the plastic stock ones. I cant really tell but looks like the might be adjustable.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #195
RCC Addict

They've had those for a little while now. This issues is that they are too long. probly need somthing about 100mm long to using the mounting locations on the links.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #196
MFDesigns

nice work. my budy just bought one and its got potential. we put 105mm integy shocks with stock springs and they worked out well. also put an AKRCC ares 2.2 chassis on and that fit well also. we still have alot to do to it but am following you build for more insperation. this is his first crawler and ive been comping 2.2 rigs for a couple years so im helping him out. i did notice that the AX 10 and berg knuckles would work and that gave me hope for it.
thanks for your detailed build and info for parts it will save us alot of time and money.

P.S. do you have anymore chassis?
mfawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #197
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfawv View Post
nice work. my budy just bought one and its got potential. we put 105mm integy shocks with stock springs and they worked out well. also put an AKRCC ares 2.2 chassis on and that fit well also. we still have alot to do to it but am following you build for more insperation. this is his first crawler and ive been comping 2.2 rigs for a couple years so im helping him out. i did notice that the AX 10 and berg knuckles would work and that gave me hope for it.
thanks for your detailed build and info for parts it will save us alot of time and money.

P.S. do you have anymore chassis?
Thanks for the props... bro anything I can do to help out. As for the chassis, I only made one for the prototype testing but I could make another for you if your interested. PM me for the details if you're interested.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #198
RCC Addict

Ok Abavuso

I read up a bit on this build, and I like the idea of picking this up to get into the super world, but thought I would shoot you a quick question. If you had it all to do over again would you pick this rig up again? I am seeing that the bully axles are 99 bucks but obviously you are starting from scratch all around there. What say you amigo?
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #199
I wanna be Dave

Really liking this build. Alot of work gone into it. The new chassis looks great.

Just one comment. In this picture, it looks like you need to shorten your front upper links or clock your steering knuckles back. Not sure if you can do that on these axles. Looks like you have too much negative caster which greatly reduces steering effectiveness.

Quote:

Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #200
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Ok Abavuso

I read up a bit on this build, and I like the idea of picking this up to get into the super world, but thought I would shoot you a quick question. If you had it all to do over again would you pick this rig up again? I am seeing that the bully axles are 99 bucks but obviously you are starting from scratch all around there. What say you amigo?
I'll say yes and no. If your on a budget and just want to mod and play, I would go the same rout. If you would like something more solid for a base get the bully axles.

The whole perpous of this thread was to see if you can make the MT COMP WORTHY. I'm saying yes but with my experience the MT lacks durability at the knuckles while running a serious comp setup. Knuckls will need replaces and nodded heavily to be durable enough and all the strain on the transmission caused the plastic transmission housing to flex. Bottom line you get what you pay for.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk