Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Super Experiment... :&

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #161

I think the rims are 3.8's (?). They are a bit less than 3 inches in width, and they fit a 40-series tire. The hex-drive size measures out to be 23mm. The stock tires are huge (almost 8 inches in diameter).

As far as parts interchangeability, I think it's pretty limited. Axles are definately different in construction and the gears they use. I'm sure you could throw a set of MaxStone axles under a Mad Torque if you wanted to with a minimum of aggro. I'm just now learning that the MaxStone 8 may be a carbon copy of the Integy iRock, but I've got to do a bit more research on that one (hopefully-so, Integy has aluminum gears for the iRock!). I'll post the data when I know more.
mentolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #162
Pebble Pounder

ok man thanks i was hoping it would be a straight swap for rims and tires:( the hexs on the torque are 17mm i guess i could just get an adapter or something.. are the tires pretty soft? i know the ones for the torque are pretty decent with good foams or mods to the stock foams i might look into swapping the axles instead though???? just a thought could u get some measurements on the axle width and maybe the upper and lower links? i might just use my chassis and swap the rest out??? just an idea...
JugRKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #163
RCC Addict

Dang the mail man is slow... I need my parts to fix her up. Though tonight I did replace the front shocks with some buggy shocks I had laying around so I can adjust the spring rates. The front felt way too stiff. Now, I think it's just about good... but well find out once my replacement parts get here

I'll post some pictures soon. Gotta keep unpacking the house.... so tired of unpacking.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #164

iv ben reading other posts on the web .acording to some of them the maxstone 1/10th scale stearing nukels will fit .if this is true you could convert it to a 1/10th scale .
gohstwrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #165
Rock Stacker

Hey thanks for the tires Abavuso .. got one finished.. still waiting on the rims .. cant beet that rims and tires $30

Last edited by Big E; 04-27-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: grammer
Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEDY GENIUS View Post
Very cool bracket for the servos but the only thing im noticing is they might be to vonerouble to getting damaged when crawling,they're to out in the open.i've broken so many servo horns and bent so much steering linkages when mine were up front in that position.but very cool design and good luck with it.
hay i was just wondering if u had anny plans on making a simmilar setup in a (BTA) version? hint! hint!
gohstwrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #167
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohstwrighter View Post
hay i was just wondering if u had anny plans on making a simmilar setup in a (BTA) version? hint! hint!
Not BTA but I will be working on an OTA similar to what you would see on a super bully. Work's been crazy and I'm trying to get my finances back in line now that I'm moved so I can start production, design and testing again.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
Hey thanks for the tires Abavuso .. got one finished.. still waiting on the rims .. cant beet that rims and tires $30
Looks good, i'll be curious to see how well they work. What size to up cut them for? Looks like 40 series.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #169
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
Not BTA but I will be working on an OTA similar to what you would see on a super bully. Work's been crazy and I'm trying to get my finances back in line now that I'm moved so I can start production, design and testing again.
Man get your $hit together ... I got some ideas I want to throw your way see if you can help me out with .. I'm intrested to see how these tires work out too.. go big or go home, and if it aint broke your not trying hard enough
Old 05-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #170
RCC Addict

Took her out today at Palmer Park after the comp to test out the softer foams... Totaly hooked up... just need a few more OZ in the front and wire up my duel ESC... and she should be golden.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #171
Rock Stacker

So how your going to run your dual ESC? I'm thinking of doin the same thing and I've read threads on setting them up on stick radios controlling them sepertally...
Old 05-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #172
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
So how your going to run your dual ESC? I'm thinking of doin the same thing and I've read threads on setting them up on stick radios controlling them sepertally...
I thinking of getting a dx6i preferably used and runing front and rear axle independant on each stick. Im going to wire up the esc in a way that i can unplug it from the super and drop it in the xr only loosing the rear stear function. Save a little $$$ while im at it.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post

My question is i broke a steering knuckle on my mad torque and nitrorcx wont have any in stock for 2-3 weeks. Could i use the venom c knuckles on my mad torque. Seeing how you used the mad torque steering knuckle on the venom hub.
MMjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #174
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMjeep View Post
My question is i broke a steering knuckle on my mad torque and nitrorcx wont have any in stock for 2-3 weeks. Could i use the venom c knuckles on my mad torque. Seeing how you used the mad torque steering knuckle on the venom hub.
You can also use an Axial AX10 knuckle (directly on the axle with no need to modify anything.) These are cheap or free from your local crawlers.

The venom knuckles *should* fit, but I haven't personally verified this.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #175
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
You can also use an Axial AX10 knuckle (directly on the axle with no need to modify anything.) These are cheap or free from your local crawlers.

The venom knuckles *should* fit, but I haven't personally verified this.
I haven't tried the venom knuckle mainly because the bearing size is a touch deferent. But the AX10's will work perfect for you, Aluminum, high stear etc... it's up to you.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #176

Sweet thanks for the help
Old 06-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #177

you said earlier you was putting a 10t pinion in the rear, did you ever do that? I was thinking bout putting a 14t in the front and leaving the stock 12t in the rear kind of the same thing. How do i know what the shaft diameter is? or the pitch count? Nitrorcx has very little description if any at all on the mad torque parts.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #178
I wanna be Dave

1/8" shaft, 32p gear.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #179
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMjeep View Post
you said earlier you was putting a 10t pinion in the rear, did you ever do that? I was thinking bout putting a 14t in the front and leaving the stock 12t in the rear kind of the same thing. How do i know what the shaft diameter is? or the pitch count? Nitrorcx has very little description if any at all on the mad torque parts.
I tried but I havn't goten a change to do it yet with moving and not to mention, I accident'y bought the wrong shaft diamiter pinion. One of these days, I'll try it out once i get some time. The Super is on hold at the moment till I get the ESC back from CC that went bad.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
1/8" shaft, 32p gear.
I think 1/8" is the same as 3mm, am i right? Do you happen to have a link to any that would work? There are so many differant styles.