Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Exceed Mad Torque - Extensive Review and build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
If you go to Walmart in the craft section you can find some soft white foam I used it in my super, worked great.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Ya, I used some of that for my 2.2s, I want to look at seat foam though.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #62

hi i was wondering how you got the maxstone 23mm hexes with 8mm bore to fit as i plan to use them on my madtorque and was wondering if they would fit or not or if i need something else to make it fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
I ended up using these:

Since they were $3.75 for all 4 hexes, and just used my stock wheel nuts. They have an 8mm bore, so I had to make some spacers since the stock axle stubs are 5mm shafts, just a piece of nylon spacer did the trick.

The 1/8 Maxstone (there is no Mad stone) hexes are 23mm with an 8mm bore, so those would work if you are using the proline cheyenne beadlocks or other wheels with 23mm hex as long as you either use the Maxstone stubs or the same spacers I used.

It's hard to tell the size of these since there is nothing listed on the website.

Now, for the status of this build: I've pretty much done nothing with this since the last update, I've had some other projects and budget restrictions that have kept and progress from this build.

I just ordered some things to help get this project going again, but the big thing holding it back will be getting my custom chassis cut, and clocking the axles the way I want to do it.

The plan for the build will be:

Dual Sidewinders (waiting on one from castle repair)
55t rebuilt motors using integy machine wound arms
FlySky FS-GT3B hacked for 6 ch and dual esc/rear steer mixing
Tall Comp Claws with Moab sidewalls, and possibly buggy pin center tread and custom foams (tires on the way now)
Custom 40 series beadlocks (under wraps for now, need to get the parts cut before I reveal them)
Custom Bodiless Chassis with stock body cut up for panels
Custom axle brace with Large scale servo and battery mount
Clocked axles, looking for about 20 degrees or so, nothing too crazy
Custom C-Hubs/Knuckles (for strength and durability)
Hopefully some CVDs or universals, but no plan yet.

So, still a lot of work to do.
dannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymac View Post
hi i was wondering how you got the maxstone 23mm hexes with 8mm bore to fit as i plan to use them on my madtorque and was wondering if they would fit or not or if i need something else to make it fit
I don't use the maxstone hexes, I use the ones I linked in the post you quoted from the madfire buggy. Mine are 17mm hexes with an 8mm bore, and I made some bushings from the stock links (which are 8mm OD, I drilled the ID to 5mm to fit the stock madtorque stubs) but the maxstone hubs can work, if you make a bushing or use the maxstone stubs (not sure what else you would need though) just keep in mind those are 23mm hubs, so they will need a wheel with 23mm hexes.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

I used the Wally World Memory foam pillow ($14) you can get 2 out of one these. About 4" thick. Check my thread.
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #65
ekd
Quarry Creeper

M, do you think the Fly Sky CT6B could be hacked like your 3? If it's possible to get R steer on the left stick, and still control Cam pan and tilt, it's crane up and down (variable), and a couple digs... as well as mixing the 2 ESCs... it would be a huge help to me.
ekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT2011 View Post
I used the Wally World Memory foam pillow ($14) you can get 2 out of one these. About 4" thick. Check my thread.
I've not liked memory foam for the temperatures we see in colorado, but walmart had some non memory foam that I used for some 2.2 tires that was fine, but I can get a chunk of seat foam for less money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekd View Post
M, do you think the Fly Sky CT6B could be hacked like your 3? If it's possible to get R steer on the left stick, and still control Cam pan and tilt, it's crane up and down (variable), and a couple digs... as well as mixing the 2 ESCs... it would be a huge help to me.
I'm using a pistol modded CT6A until I get a GT3B. There's only 3 mixes, and if you map ch 5 or 6 to a switch, it uses up one of the mixes each. Losikid and I have some big threads about the T6 if you search the electronics forum by threads I've started.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #67
ekd
Quarry Creeper

I'm on it. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #68

There have been a few of these crawlers popping up in build threads here on this forum. I figured I would do a little different and post an extensive review (please note extensive) with some free/cheap/easy mods to get this thing to be closer to competition ready.
markkjeforsonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbypartz View Post
Check out our latest adventure where we take our Mad Torque to its natural habitat. The Rock Crawler embodies good features from real rock crawlers. Multi-link suspension and axles provides all 4 wheels through A center-mounted 3-gear transmission, providing tremendous grip and torque at all times and overcome any obstacle that it may meet with.

madtorque has 2 540 motors one on each axle, there is no centermounted 3 speed tranny.
nate34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate34 View Post
madtorque has 2 540 motors one on each axle, there is no centermounted 3 speed tranny.
That's been mentioned before. They copied the description from the shaft driven crawlers which have 3 gears inside the transmission (not 3 speeds). I've sent them a message, but they haven't changed it, and I don't think they will.

I've got a little time off next week for Thanksgiving. I'm working on another vehicle first, but will try to get some good work done on this thing.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Exceed Mad Torque - Extensive Review and build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekd View Post
E, from what I've read about this TX is that it is completely computer programmable. This will be my next TX. Can't beat 6 channels for the price. Their on sale at Hobby parts for $32 in the air section.

FlySky Air Control w/ 2.4G
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

The CT6B is a good radio, and there are a ton of easy mods you can do to it. I am switching to the GT3B though because it is easier to program from the radio itself. E - when you get T's radio you will see what I mean. The CT6 is nice though if you want a stick radio.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #73
ekd
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT2011 View Post
E, from what I've read about this TX is that it is completely computer programmable. This will be my next TX. Can't beat 6 channels for the price. Their on sale at Hobby parts for $32 in the air section.

FlySky Air Control w/ 2.4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
The CT6B is a good radio, and there are a ton of easy mods you can do to it. I am switching to the GT3B though because it is easier to program from the radio itself. E - when you get T's radio you will see what I mean. The CT6 is nice though if you want a stick radio.
I'm going to bind T's to my rig, and try all the features, to see what I need. Pistols are natural to me... except I hold it backwards. I got some grace with a R handed throttle from slotcars (especially wing cars)... but, I have brief moments when my stick seems to feel very natural. When (if) I get fluent, there will be mods.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Great thread.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Man, that thing just walks over rocks. I think it's time to get one.
cheesefart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Well is there any further progress on this rig, or is it dead?
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Well is there any further progress on this rig, or is it dead?
Not dead but no real updates either. I have a new chassis, and am looking at getting a plan together to get this thing finished. Too many projects going on right now, with little time to get anything done.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #78

I've been looking through multiple threads and can't seem to find the answer. What size servo horn do I need to buy if I want to upgrade to an aluminum one.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Yellow Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

I used a different servo, and don't think I even have the original one anymore. My advice would be to take the servo to the Local Hobby Shop and see if they can match it up.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

hey i live in lakewood colorado as well is there any way i can come have a look at this thing in action and maybe pick ur brain.
BIG T is offline   Reply With Quote