Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: The SWA-WING super bully

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

So saturday morning I got up early and whipped out some motor covers.

crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

As at our GTG on saturday (once the rain let up) I got a chance to run the rig again. Yes its much better with the new cases but I am still learning how to drive the thing.. So I was trying to make a corner and I didn't think I was binding the rig up bad at all. But one thing I was having with my width being as narrow as it is my tires are binding against the lower links/shock mounts so that might have been an issue.

So I gotta get some wider hex's..
Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

RC4WD is sending me a new one. I FLAT OUT TOLD them I am pretty sure I did it but was not 100%. All they could do was apologize. So I bought another pair and they are sending me a replacement also...

So I just gotta get some width and I think I will be ok...
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

This thing is crazy!I want video!If I build a super,its cause of your build.
Speed Metal Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Metal Army View Post
This thing is crazy!I want video!If I build a super,its cause of your build.
Thanks. I have some tweeking left to do on it and I will get video on saturday at our first comp of the season.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Those are some clean motor guards. My favorite ones ive seen I think. I love your method for bending the angles. A clipboard is now added to my tool arsenal
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Wow....nice work! Oh, and that is awesome about the customer service from RC4WD.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Those are some clean motor guards. My favorite ones ive seen I think. I love your method for bending the angles. A clipboard is now added to my tool arsenal
ha ha. Actually I just used some steel I filed flat and bent them that way. The clipboard is my mobile photo spot I was thinking of something to use and I know some guys use 5 hour energy bottles but that just was not how I wanted to do them Ya I am goofy that way but I had an idea and tried it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Wow....nice work! Oh, and that is awesome about the customer service from RC4WD.
Thanks Jeremy. I am going to spend tommorow evening getting it ready for its first comp on saturday--excited like a little kid
Old 07-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

So I got lucky and my 1300 3c lipo's showed up on friday and had just enough time to get them ready. I was really happy with how well the new rig did and it held up better than I thought. The one issue I had was peeling a couple beads off the front tires but it didn't stop now affect my runs. I will have to add a few drops of glue to them but I suspect between the fine dust and heat caused them to come off.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

So I got home from work and these were waiting for me.....

Old 07-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

But I had everything loaded to go spend a few hours playing--after today I needed some R&R....

I am really enjoying this thing the more I get used to it and the more I get my 4PK tweeked and used to it...

But the sun was out..

I threw my radio to my son to try it out. He was amazed how differently it drove from his 2.2. He actually was more of a natural driving my super than his 2.2---crap...

Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Well after I got home I had a little energy left to get one side done with the new hubs. The pin size was a tad smaller than the stock bully pins so I had to make a drill bit. But I think I will like the little more width.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Looks good Crash. Whats the width tire to tire? I'm guessing right around 14.125?
Diamond D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

I also picked up a servo programmer and adjusted my front servo's (rears are JR's). They ended up running a tad cooler today granted they never got what I would consider extremely hot though.

So to this point here is my take.

I love how the rig is working and I am not going to change the chassis or suspension setup---its working great.

I am not happy with my battery tray setup. with the new Lipo's I can finally redo that to something better fitting for the packs.

I am going to tweek/redo the body plates now that I have an idea on the shocks.

But other than that I am very happy with it..
Old 07-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond D View Post
Looks good Crash. Whats the width tire to tire? I'm guessing right around 14.125?
Closer to 13.5-13.75 as I only did a quick check. I was pretty happy with the width I had but I wanted just a tad more and I think these will give me what I want.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Closer to 13.5-13.75 as I only did a quick check. I was pretty happy with the width I had but I wanted just a tad more and I think these will give me what I want.
If you Want wider I WILL have my ACC 8 truggy In my pit trailer for ya to use and I'm sure the hex's are wider.
baddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddman View Post
If you Want wider I WILL have my ACC 8 truggy In my pit trailer for ya to use and I'm sure the hex's are wider.
Thanks Jim--I am going to leave it as I am really happy with how its working now..
Old 08-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

hey mike what made you get the xld axles and not the wider 65:1 super bully axles??
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
hey mike what made you get the xld axles and not the wider 65:1 super bully axles??
They were given to me
Old 01-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The SWA-WING super bully

So I have been comping this since I built it. The only changes I have made was playing with spring combos and some minor link configuration changes. Otherwise its been un-changed.

Well it was time to finally get around to some fine tuning to my steering setup. Its been working "perfect" but I wanted to do a new design that I think will work better.

I had drawn up plans but there was one hurdle I needed to get over and that was a bend I needed to put in the material I was using and be able to reproduce it perfectly every time.

Well I had never played with forming aluminum in this manner and it took me some time to get it right.

Ya there were many many failures.

But with each fail I learned something. Call me crazy or just dedicated to figuring it out (those who know me will understand this,lol) but damn it I was not going to stop till I did.

Well I finally got it with picture perfect reproduction.