Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Exceed Mad Torque From Box to Rocks........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Nice job on the foams! Have you run them yet, what did you think?
John-e Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Tie Rod mod

Tried out the foams today. They seem to wok pretty good. I need to test them some more. I need to try them on some good stuff. I may decide to take a little off the diameter, seem to be a little stiff. Side walls are good. Got to work on the steering. The plate mounted to the tie rod was causing twist. I'm gong to change the rod to a flat piece of Delrin with bushings in the tie points. There's no reason to have a ball joints on the tie rod ends. If you notice below.
Attached Images

BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #23
RCC Addict

What else have ya borken? What motors are those? Im liking the rig.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Beest, I'm still running the out of the box motors. Way under powered for the tires. Motors are on my list of things to buy. The only thing that I' broken is knuckles. This can be solved with AX-10 Aluminum knuckles. They fit right on. That's another thing on my list of parts. This is an on going project. I'm not trying to build a comp rig, just an go anywhere climber. So for I'm very pleased with the chassis and the tires. Plan to do some more testing today at DVC
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Default The Foam Thing......

Went for a little crawl yesterday to try out the memory foam front. As I was saying they might be a little stiff. After crawling about a hour, I think it could work. I was able to make it thru some stuff that was difficult before. Keep in mine this is not going to be a comp rig its just for fun. I'm going to give it the real test at Castle Rock this weekend.
Thought I would post a few pics of my work area after I cleaned it up. It was a mess after the build.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Your Chassis turned out sick !!!!

Way to think out of the box

Great Job

Best Regards V8
v84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Default Reduction Hubs.....

Those of you looking to get rid of the clog here's a possible solution if you feel like spending the money. Check out the link below.

High Clearance Knuckle w/ Reduction Ratio for Axial AX10 for R/C or RC - Team Integy
Old 10-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Really liking your build. I have looked hard at getting on these for awhile for my son to mess with while im out on the rocks. He has a mrc and I run a super and he is always saying he wants a big rig like daddy. Hes 5

Anyways very nice man

Rock city is that tenn?
rockeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT2011 View Post
Those of you looking to get rid of the clog here's a possible solution if you feel like spending the money. Check out the link below.

High Clearance Knuckle w/ Reduction Ratio for Axial AX10 for R/C or RC - Team Integy

I wish it gave a ratio for them....still pretty cool mini portal boxes.
John-e Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Rock City is located in the Mt Diablo State Park near Walnut Creek CA. My grandson loves to drive my Torque. He says its a lot easier than firing up the Slash.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Location: Between the thoughts of yesterday and the ideas of tomorrow

Damn Phat, there are so many parts/ideas I want to implement from your build. I really like it
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #32

Talking Newbie with MT

Ive been checking out these threads and there are some very awesome things happening with the Mad Torque. I just picked one up on a trade for some tree disposal work and I am very impressed. it is bone stock, and I have taken it to the local state park with moderate hiking trails and this thing did the entire 2 mile stretch with very little help, some places were hard for me to walk. Anyway, I had an extra servo so I decided to make a rear steer for it with stuff laying around. Works awesome. What are best for crawlers? Shorter our longer wheel base? I will have many questions regarding this rig so I hope I won't be a pain
Jphillips472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Jphillips, the 1/8 scale or super wheel base should not exceed 18" if your planning to compete. If your like me and want a go anywhere rig, just keep it at what it is. New Castle CA. ?
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #34

Until I can upgrade my motors, I will probably leave my mad torquethe way out is. It is very capable the way it sits. Over the weekend I picked up am original 87' clodbuster, bone stock, mechanical esc and all. I did away with the mech speed control and put anovak in, upgraded to a 2.4 ghz radio and hacked off all the plastic below the tub chassis, using threaded bar and traxxas rod end, I made a 4 link setup. Im not a cad designer not do I have tools for nor knows how to make the amazing stuff you guys do, so my stuff looks like a kids concoction. I only wish I could do a fraction what Phat does. But my threaded rod and glued diff lock seems functional. So ill continue to awe over what you guys are doing. New castle pennsylvania.
Jphillips472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

That's the attitude, keep it running that's what counts. If it works ,use it. Its not always what it looks like, it just needs to be functional.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Default The Hub Mod Made Easy!

Well everyone is coming up with ideas on the short hubs to narrow the wheel base . I was dreaming in the garage about a simple way to put the 8MM hubs on. No 5MM drill bit. Started looking through the parts box and found a piece of 3/16" plastic tubing I bought a Home Depot. Here's some pics of what came of it.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Great looking crawlers! I like your home made mods. Keep up the good work.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

for a second, i thought you had a really cool looking transmitter. its a drill lol
Koldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Default Going to Oak Point

Thought I would post some new pics since I changed the hubs. Got a new look of a lot narrower and a semi droop suspension. My son and I are going to Folsom Lake on black Friday to crawl Oak Point. Can't wait to crawl, haven't been out in quite a while. Plan to make an all day crawl with at least 6 battery packs (that's what I'm talking about). LET'S FIND SOME ROXS!
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Just wanted give an up date on the trip to Oak Point.I ran some 1000MAH batteries in parallel and got bout 50 mins. out them with the out of the box motors. I think that's great. Still need to invest in more horsepower though, still have rear clog. One thing about the stock motors you don't brake many parts. I ran all day and the torque is still in one piece. I'm really starting to like the narrowed wheel base. I was able get through a lot more tight spots and the wheel being centered over the knuckle gives a relief to the servos. Tire foam in the front worked very well (Wally World memory foam). What motors are you guys running?