Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Exceed Mad Torque From Box to Rocks........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT2011 View Post
Just wanted give an up date on the trip to Oak Point.I ran some 1000MAH batteries in parallel and got bout 50 mins. out them with the out of the box motors. I think that's great. Still need to invest in more horsepower though, still have rear clog. One thing about the stock motors you don't brake many parts. I ran all day and the torque is still in one piece. I'm really starting to like the narrowed wheel base. I was able get through a lot more tight spots and the wheel being centered over the knuckle gives a relief to the servos. Tire foam in the front worked very well (Wally World memory foam). What motors are you guys running?
I'm running 2 Venom Fireball Modified 55T motors with a Holms Hobbies BRXL on 4S Lipo 1300 AMH, and 2 - 10T pinions. It work great for me that way. No lack in power or wheel speed.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

I'm back to running the stock motors but on 3S with dual stock ESCs. I ran 55t on 2S with the duals and it runs faster on the stock motors with 3S. I plan to get a set of 35t and 45t to try on the bully so I'll have all kinds of options for the MT when I get back to it. 10tooth pinions are also in the plans.
John-e Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

I heard that! I tried the 10's on the stock motors and you can't get enough mesh. One of our MT friends said the stock motors have a larger diameter. Are you using a stick radio with the dual ESC's?
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
I heard that! I tried the 10's on the stock motors and you can't get enough mesh. One of our MT friends said the stock motors have a larger diameter. Are you using a stick radio with the dual ESC's?
I never tried the 10T with the stock motors but iwth the Venom Motors you have to grind about 1/16th of an inch off the upper link mout for the proper mesh.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

I'm running a hacked GT3B. I don't have the 10tooth pinions yet so I can't comment on the fitment. I don't think the stock motors would be enought with the 10tooths, too slow
John-e Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys, I was doing a little research on MT parts and found out that the 1/10 scale mad crawler uses the same axle. The only difference is the stub axle and wheels. This will be good info for parts in the future. As of now nitrorcx.com is the only site that has MT parts. MT is not listed at hobbypartz.com it sends you to nitrorcx.com. Anyone know another site that carries MT parts?

Last edited by BentMetaL; 11-28-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Looking at sealed bearings, since I own a Slash 4x4, I tried some stub axle bearings and their the same with rubber seals. Traxxas is a little pricy so I checked out Fast Eddy and this is what I came up with: $0.99 EA
10x15x4 Part #6700-2RS
5x11x4 Part #MR115-2RS
6x10x3 Part #MF106-2RS (I think this is a flanged bearing for the axles)
Old 12-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: The Hub Mod Made Easy!

Quote:
Well everyone is coming up with ideas on the short hubs to narrow the wheel base . I was dreaming in the garage about a simple way to put the 8MM hubs on. No 5MM drill bit. Started looking through the parts box and found a piece of 3/16" plastic tubing I bought a Home Depot. Here's some pics of what came of it.

what hubs are those and where did you get them?
Koldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: The Hub Mod Made Easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldham View Post
what hubs are those and where did you get them?
Some of the other guys found them on EBay. So I searched for 17MM hub adapters and found them. About $10. You got to make bushing for them because their 8MM you have 5MM.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Default Rock Rings

Just what to show these.......
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2011, 03:19 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Default Re: Exceed Mad Torque From Box to Rocks........

Hey man, I really like what you did with a "basic" rig. Great way to customize and think out of the box. Kudos for giving me that warm fuzzy feeling of 2006 building on RCC. Keep it up. Those wheel rings look great too.

Try a set of 45t integy motors. It may be right up your alley for wheelspeed/torque over stock.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerstandtx View Post
Hey man, I really like what you did with a "basic" rig. Great way to customize and think out of the box. Kudos for giving me that warm fuzzy feeling of 2006 building on RCC. Keep it up. Those wheel rings look great too.

Try a set of 45t integy motors. It may be right up your alley for wheelspeed/torque over stock.
Just switch to Venom Fireball 55's($15 and can be rebuilt). Ran them yesterday and they work pretty well. They were less money than the Integy. Still trying to keep this a budget build so other guys building MT's can build up without to many $$.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Merry Christmas To All you guys. Haven't been crawling lately, just SCT indoor at Hobbytown.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #54
ekd
Quarry Creeper

Merry Christmas, Don!

Is the weather as hideous there, as it is here?

ekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Just Freaking Cold!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #56
RCC Addict

I wish I could find an SCT track here in the SPRINGS so That when it's nasty outside I can have a place to play!!!!. I usualy only crawl any more when I comp and if I change something on one of my rigs. When it's off comp season the I tend to play a little harder on the rocks.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Kinda fun to go out and play with the fast guys.
theirs no racing just put it on the track and run. Got a few kids out there, but after about nine they clear out and the fun begins. Happy Holidays to u.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #58
DSC

I have a rim question. I have a Max Stone 8 and a Mad Torque. I see the hub size on both are different sizes where the rim mounts two. When buying after market rims, what sixe do they come ?
DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
I have a rim question. I have a Max Stone 8 and a Mad Torque. I see the hub size on both are different sizes where the rim mounts two. When buying after market rims, what sixe do they come ?
The MT Hub size is 17mm the max 8 I think is 23 or 24 mm

MT Wheel stock size is 2.8

Other sizes are 3.2, 3.8, 40 series are the common. 3.2 or larger are required for Super class
Old 12-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #60
DSC

So, if i wanted to get after market rims they would fit the MS8 hubs or the MT hubs? Or I'm I confusing myself?

The reason I'm asking is, we broke a steering arm on the MT. When i order parts i was going to change the hub to the MS8 size so if we change rims later. My son like the bigger tires on the MS8.
DSC is offline   Reply With Quote