Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: DLUX super build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #481
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: DLUX super build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
where can I buy those wheel? or what "stock" wheel did u start with to make those?
They are on my website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflict View Post
Oh man! That video is nuts Erik. Well sir I hope you are proud of yourself. After reading this and all of the other stuff I have been reading, I told myself that today I am either going to bite the bullet and get RC4WD's super, or find one tha'ts been built and buy it. Soooo, it should be here on Friday! I found one on eBay with a fair amount of good stuff. So now I'm going to be really haunting the super forums, and your website.
Awesome man! I am happy to know that I contributed to another super driver.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2014, 09:25 PM   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflict View Post
Oh man! That video is nuts Erik. Well sir I hope you are proud of yourself. After reading this and all of the other stuff I have been reading, I told myself that today I am either going to bite the bullet and get RC4WD's super, or find one tha'ts been built and buy it. Soooo, it should be here on Friday! I found one on eBay with a fair amount of good stuff. So now I'm going to be really haunting the super forums, and your website.

Supers are more fun then 2.2s imo. they go over anything. and 4ws is a blast.
97flexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #483
Quarry Creeper

Oh man I'm telling you what I'm so excited I could pee. I watch 2.2 videos and I love them all, but super videos I am just amazed with. The rig I bought is coming with a Futaba 4PL so I am excited about running one of those for once but I did run by the LHS today and found a DX6 for $70.00 I figured they were going to be extremely expensive, I was shocked at how inexpensive they actually were. The one I bought actually has a full metal plate steel TIG welded chassis, so I have some immediate work to do to it. I really want to go with your low slung setup. Erik's crawler is really attractive, and I dig it.
Conflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #484
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Here is the steering system that I have been working on....

What size are those front upper links 1/8"?
tweak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #485
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Yeah, they were 1/8".

They held up decently but I had enough failures between the links themselves and the 3mm rod ends that I finally just got fed up and went with Revo ends and 7075 AL links.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #486
Pebble Pounder

Congrats on your win in the summer shoot out Any pics?
J-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #487
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Thanks man! The super is really feeling good these days and I love driving it more than any other car.

I dont know if any pics were taken, if so, I dont know about them.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #488
Rock Crawler

Congrats on the W in AZ. Wish I could have made it down.
Diamond D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #489
Wanna get? Gotta want.

You were missed. You always bring a really fun atmosphere to the super class.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #490
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I have a couple of small updates now and some better ones hopefully this week (that I am finishing up the details on).

First, I moved my 0 offset hubs to the new stainless CNC version. I am really stoked about these. The 7075 version served me well but there was such little surface area where they sit on the stub shaft that they would eventually deform and cause slop. Also, with the stainless version, there is no more stripping the threads in the hub. Pretty happy to say the least. These hubs are great for anybody who is running a Bully or Ofna stub shaft and want to be narrower.

Next bolt on part was my new 7075 center sections. I am loving these! Not only just for the bling factor but they are sliding so, so well!

Again, I have some fresh never seen before stuff on the way, hopefully I will be able to show it off this week. Just some minor tweaks.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #491
Rock Crawler

Again, I have some fresh never seen before stuff on the way, hopefully I will be able to show it off this week. Just some minor tweaks. [/QUOTE]

Whats with them wheels in this pic? Looks like you got a new tire and wheel setup? Like the center sections too.
Diamond D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #492
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond D View Post
Whats with them wheels in this pic? Looks like you got a new tire and wheel setup? Like the center sections too.
I'm assuming it's a super version of his 2.2 Wheels for his loaded dice knuckle weights and it looks like he's got a big version of that on his super now too
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #493
RCC Addict

You cutting and shutting your own tires now?
or is that a job for wheels7?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:42 PM   #494
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Those tires are looking rather narrow too.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #495
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond D View Post
Thanks!

Yeah, new tires/wheels and weights. Thats what I was and am working on but if I would have let this sit another day, you guys would have figured it all out anyway. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
I'm assuming it's a super version of his 2.2 Wheels for his loaded dice knuckle weights and it looks like he's got a big version of that on his super now too
Pretty close. Just a couple of changes to this setup. Since supers are not restricted to a maximum sidewall size it was easier to make these more "ideal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Absolutely not! Not a job for me. Wheels7 does a killer job. Pics to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
Those tires are looking rather narrow too.
Yeah, this design really changed the way things work so that is one of the things I am addressing.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:36 AM   #496
Wanna get? Gotta want.

So, they are not done but I will post details as I go along.

I wanted to make a different type of tire and wheel setup for a couple of different reasons.

First off, I have always liked the 8" super tire but never have liked the amount of sidewall that comes with it. The CI foams do a good job at controlling most of it but there are a lot of draw backs to that tall of a side wall.

Next, I wanted to make a cheaper setup. You could actually debate this as my WHEELS are now a bit more expensive since they are so much bigger but, the tires and foam are significantly cheaper. What I did is I (when I say "I" I mean Wheels7 but I will take the credit ) made a Sedona they way its typically made with 1.5 Sedonas, cut at the line in the side wall but instead of inserting a Trencher sidewall, I just left that part out. Now, I get to skip the cost and labor of the Trencher and also the cost of the CI inner foam. At the time, CI had discontinued the inner foams so this was also a big concern to me.

So, with just the Sedona outer tires, I made a bigger wheel to compensate and I simply glued the tire to the wheel face and the back ring such as my 2.2 version. Another monster benefit to the much bigger wheel is that I obviously get to run a much lower knuckle weight, which are not 100% complete either.

I since there is much less sidewall, it really affected the shape of the tires. The wheels are 1" wide but the tires look too skinny so I will be widening them out some.

I did drive on these and everything felt great other than a brand new Sedona. Foams feel great and the width of the tires didnt feel too bad. The lack of sidewall is a huge benefit. I didnt have the low slung knuckle weights on so I cant comment on those yet. I really still need to finish the project and drive it some before I can comment more.

Here are some pics to get you by for the next little bit before I get everything else buttoned up.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #497
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Here are some construction pics.

First, let me show the tires. Wheels7 did an AMAZING job on these. If you ever have a tedious project that has to be perfect, he is the man for the job. There is no indentations or weird issues with these tires. The lugs line up perfect and he even did the pie cut on them. I am still in amazement over the job he did. If you need super tires or any other tires like narrow VooDoos, get with him.

Beautiful seams!

Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #498
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Last one for now

Old 10-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #499
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Last one for now

So When will you be listing these for sale on the website
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #500
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Yeah, I will throw them on my site ASAP. I have a couple of bombs to drop in the Yeti section first.