Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: DLUX super build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 09:15 AM   #541
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: DLUX super build

Nanotech 850 4s..

I bought a few 450 2s packs and thought about running them as 4s. Could be a option. Cost and 12$ to make a 4s.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #542
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Time to turn up the voltage on this ole girl! 4S!

I got some Holmes BR mini ESC's. The Micro Sidewinders did me good for a long, long time. I burned up a BEC last time I was out and thats all it took for me to replace the ESC's since I had to take it all apart anyway.

Now to see if there is a weak point... I think it will still be the electronics.

I've been running 4s for years now on all 3 of my rigs. I actually just placed an order through maxamps and got it last week. The battery sitting next to it is a 1000mah 4s sky lipo which I ran for about 2 years and are now getting tired and they are NEVER in stock anyway. I'm really excited to give these a shot. They are 800mah 4s. Mostly because of the size. I custom ordered these through maxamps. You pay a little more but like you said its hard to find a good fitting battery. Anyways heres a few pics.

Diamond D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #543
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Yeah, those Maxamps look nice. Bit hard to go to a $30 battery after the ones I have been buying are $8....

Kinda liking Winners idea of making my own out of 2s batteries. I will have to see what batteries are available when I get some time. I know Nabil always preached 4s on his Berg and he had a really nice small battery. I cant remember what brand they were though.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #544
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux;4935843[URL=http://s180.photobucket.com/user/erikd_lux/media/Super/20141104_074508_zpsa5c106d8.jpg.html
[/URL]
Are these style weight holders available for the super wheels I already got from you? I need some weight in my front tires, at least. Maybe in the rear, as well.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:09 AM   #545
Wanna get? Gotta want.

To run those weights you would need my newest, biggest style of wheels. You would also need Dlux knuckles.

Let me know if you have more questions. You can PM me too
Old 04-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #546
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Big batteries bring big battery issues....

First issue I had with these is that they are so big, the rocks catch on them and with their weight, they tear right off the battery mount. Simple fix was to make some grooves in the battery plate so the O rings could not slide off. This worked out great because now my plate is not deflecting from the motor also. It worked out so good, I did it to my 2.2.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:09 AM   #547
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Next was a size issue again. These batteries didnt quite fit between the links. A couple of bends later and PERFECT!

Old 04-23-2015, 07:11 AM   #548
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Last one is a power issue. Stripped the 4th gear. I thought for sure it was the small 3rd. Glad it wasent as they are a lot harder to come by (SDS).

FYI, I am still running a HR large 2nd and 3rd if anybody was ever questioning their strength. They still look new.

If you look at the tooth profile, it was not really 4s that did the gear in IMO, it was just worn and the 4s had final say. I think it was only a matter of time with 3s also.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:14 AM   #549
RCC Addict

How do you like driving the 4s?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:17 AM   #550
Wanna get? Gotta want.

It makes me think I need 5s
Old 04-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #551
RCC Addict

Bwahahahaha
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:40 AM   #552
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Luck was on my side this last weekend.

I got to gate 8 on my final course and my rear started clicking. Got through gate 9 with quite a bit of time left, went for a bouns, didnt like the clicking and thought maybe I was pushing it. Finished gate 10, fun crawled for about a minute and then found the failure.

Pretty sure this was a Mann gear. I have had these for 3-4yrs? (?) so they have had quite a bit of time on them. I just hope this is not a sign that I should not use 4s. I have some options though. Running an SDS 3rd now and if I have any more 4th gear problems, I will throw the RCbros gears in there.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #553
I wanna be Dave

I was running 4S on my super. Biggest difference here is the same one we have in any of the other rigs...you drive yours so much more I can't even fathom the amount of time you get "behind the wheel"
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:05 AM   #554
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Yeah, I dont get near the drive time that I used to though.... Kids will do that to ya.

I wish I had the same radio after all these years with a timer like the 4pk does. I didnt have that 4pk for long but I almost rolled that timer over 2x before I got rid of it.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #555
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default Close call...

Wow. You got lucky man. Glad they held up just long enough. Any chance that non-metal cases flex ever so slightly contributing to wear?

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:18 AM   #556
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: Close call...

I dont think its the cases flexing?

I would think the cases flexing would either pull the gears away at an angle or it would be really weird but pull them away at an equal distance. If either of those were the case, I think it would show up in the wear on the gears. The wear is at a uniform angle and the breakage has been at the root of the tooth. Both of those indicate to me that they are wearing properly.

I have 2 sets of SDS 3rds that I ran in my 2.2 car (stock cases) that are shark toothed. I am thinking its just the way it is. Like I said above, I think I will try a fresh SDS and an RCbros 4th if I have more problems. After that, its back to 3s. Right now I am using brand new 4ths and used SDS 3rds that have seen better days. We will see.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:57 AM   #557
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I recently updated my front knuckle weight design. I really liked the way the rears turned out with the G10. Its more rigid and more importantly, I really like the ability to use my steering stops on the knuckles. The old design was great if you actually had to move your weights in and out but with most running a flat face wheel, its not really needed. So, I think this is how I will make the super weights from here out.

Other than the weight holders themselves, all you need is a piece of tube to fit in the old knuckle slots. A simple piece of .25 diameter x .650 long tube that is threaded 3mm on each side will do the trick.

It should fit in the slot perfectly.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:00 AM   #558
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Now on the back side, you can use the steering stop (which will need the screw head spaced out to where you want the stop to engage) to hold the tube in place. I would use steering stops on both the front and back of the knuckles but if you only want them on one side, you can use a screw with a washer that is larger than .25 diameter and this will hold the entire tube in its spot.

Next two pics are a screw with a washer

Or, my preference is to use the same idea but push the screw head out to make it a steering stop.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #559
Wanna get? Gotta want.

And then,... the easiest part is to install the weight hangers with desired amount of weight.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #560
Rock Stacker

Default DLUX super build

What caster do you recommend

Last edited by Delbert; 10-25-2015 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Delbert is offline   Reply With Quote