Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Exceed Mad Torque Super Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Exceed Mad Torque Super Build

Started this project about a month ago, started seeing where people are building these up so i thought i would start a thread of my build. First started by narrowing chassis down to 2" wide and making my own homemade upper and lower custom bent links. Then i really wanted behind the axle steering, so i started looking it over and after about 4 hours of cutting, bending, grinding and making a new dual servo mount for 2 Hitec HS645MG's finally got it to work really nice and smooth.
Attached Images

motoj550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Exceed Mad Torque Super Build

Nice looking work! I'll be following your thread. I would like to see how its going to work out. You might get a better plane of ster if you use the stock bent ball ends on the knuckles. Looks to me your going to get tire scrub on the shocks mounted like that. Check out my build thread below.
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

No tire scrub because i got the same maximizer rims you got, getting ready to post up a lot of stuff, actually getting close to done just new to posting and don't know how to add to this thread.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

OK figured it out, here's my chassis i made out of $2.19 cutting board from walmart, just used what was left of original chassis plates as template and hand drawn a bodiless topper to it and cut it out, very simple, and if it breaks (which so far seems pretty stout) just make a new one.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Looks good man like the servo mounts.
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Got new maximizer 3.2 wheels (dyed black) and cut n shut a set of 2.2 white dot rovers. i cut n shut a stock set of tire foams that came with the rovers but that's not going to cut it, they are not thick enough, going to have to order up some special dual stage tall foams for this setup from crawler innovations.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Oh I see why you wont have scrub. Your using the stock hubs.. I changed mine to narrow the width. Did you get the green wheels and dyed them black? What kind of dye did you use? I bought a set of Maximizer rock rings for mine. They cool!
I posted a few pics of the wheels.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Yep, the green ones, dyed them with rit dye powder from walmart for $1.66, use a pan you don't care about and mix whole box of dye in just under boiling water for about 15 minutes, works awesome. rock rings cool, may have to get some too. been watching your post for about a month now, yours coming along great also man along with a few others on here too. I also have an XR10 also to play with all my friends with, but they all have 2.2 shaftys but i like my MOA's thats why i decided to build up my mad torque and because it wasn't very capable on my course when it got changes for the 2.2's. here's some pics for ya.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Nice! Yea I don't have any locals with Supers all have 2.2's. Really the only one that I crawl with is my son who has a modded AX-10. We try to go to a different spot every month. I haven't been out crawling in a while. Just got a new set of servos for the rear. I'll be working on that this weekend. Been doing a little short course running indoors the last 2 weeks. Kinda fun to get out the Slash and do some bashing.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I've been doing a little of the same stuff to my sons blue mad torque except fot the BTA mod because there's just to much work involved in it, then my neighbors on both sides of me also have mad torques, so they've been waiting for me to finish mine then help them with theirs. Some of us have big garages so we also built some indoor stuff to play on no that it's cold out.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
ekd
Quarry Creeper

Nice work.

Welcome to the Asylum. I'd like to see what your friends come up with, too.

ekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamargue View Post
Looks good man like the servo mounts.
Thanks man, just used 1" alum. angle and cut out slots for servos, not to hard to do but the BTA setup was pretty involved.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Finally got my body panels made today along with some pretty neat stickers i had laying around
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

It's bad when your 1:1 rig becomes a fixture of your RC crawler course
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I know what ya mean, winter project, putting set of dana 60's from 1979 F350 in my cherokee.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #16

I am very new to the rc world and I just bought a mad torque and have a question about the cut and shut. how do you now where to cut and how much to add? I may be over thinking it but how does it actually stay round without having a lump with the chunk you add in?
trackercrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercrawler View Post
I am very new to the rc world and I just bought a mad torque and have a question about the cut and shut. how do you now where to cut and how much to add? I may be over thinking it but how does it actually stay round without having a lump with the chunk you add in?
it was my first time too, if you google it there is a 20 minute video of it from supershafty.com, just do as it shows, just make sure you hold pieces together long enough to hold and let sit few minutes before you glue any more. it wuill be a little lumpy in spots but once you put good foams in it will go away, make sure you use crawler innovations foams for cut n shut. mine sitll look lumpy because i have not ordered my foams yet.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

just got my 45t motors from RC4WD today W/13 tooth pinion gear for the front, really like these motors and i run them in my XR10 and run really smooth and strong. just need a good 3s lipo esc for er and i'm ready to letreat. more pics up soon.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Could not wait any longer to get 3s lipo and good esc in this thing so i put the stock esc and an old 3000mah nimh battery in and took it for its first test run, man this this climbs 100 times better than it ever did, everythings working really good, put 1 inch limiters in each shock (this thing would articulate past 90 degrees), now it's about 75 degrees. 45t's are perfect bias between torque and speed and i'm running 13t in front and 12t stock in rear for a little proportional dig, will be adding my rc4wd rocker dig II and fxr from my XR10 when i get dual tekin B1R's for my wantamix and DX3R for the XR.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:02 AM   #20

Can anyone tell me what the pitch is for the gearing? I want to replace the stock pinions and haven't found out what pitch to buy. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
rockcarver66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Exceed Mad Torque Super Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exceed Mad Torque - Extensive Review and build thread monkeyracer Superclass Crawlers 96 06-25-2016 07:55 AM
Exceed mad torque Build dannymac Superclass Crawlers 17 01-30-2013 07:17 PM
exceed max torque or mad crawler?? dylanjnt Newbie General 6 12-29-2011 06:37 PM
Exceed Mad Torque?? zero5rubicon Newbie General 2 12-29-2011 06:34 PM