Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My AR60 Axled Super Class Shafty. Ready To Run!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My AR60 Axled Super Class Shafty. Hitting the home stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Well, it is a pretty slick way to narrow a wheel.

I am using these slash 4x4 adapters from Proline

No wheel weight either. Front weight bias seems pretty good though.
I thought I saw those...

Again,

looks really good.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #62
Metal shaper

All the wheels I've done for Eddie, and there have been a lot, but Eddie and Travis have the only 1" sets I've done with my method. That's the only special thing about them.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #63
TSK
Shelf queen

Default Re: My AR60 Axled Super Class Shafty. Ready To Run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
I thought I saw those...

Again,

looks really good.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
All the wheels I've done for Eddie, and there have been a lot, but Eddie and Travis have the only 1" sets I've done with my method. That's the only special thing about them.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Don't worry, I feel special
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Those sure are some good looking tires

ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #65
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Those sure are some good looking tires

Somebody has some good eyes
Old 03-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #66
TSK
Shelf queen

Tie for a long overdue update, no pic, no tech, just talk.

The Good:

It's freaky how nimble this thing is for such large truck. A combined 90* of steering makes this thing turn on half a dime. Dig is purely used for climbs. The puller & BRXL are putting down the power in a smooooooth controllable fashion. It's so easy to drive on 3s, and I have pretty long run times with the 850mah run in parallel.

The Bad:

6s is a no gp. The thing will just torque twist itself into a pretzel. That combined with immense acceleration, it's pretty impossible to control.

The Ugly:

Durability has been good so far. I think the delrin lowers have acted as a cushion, absorbing some of the abuse the big tires and high torque cause. I do have some Ti lowers being made for this though. The steering components have gotten a bit sloppy. Mostly the C hubs where they bolt to the axle. Could be a combo of the plastic slot for securing it, as well as the case holes ovaling. I installed some Wraith beef tubes in my sportsman, and they are a perfect solution to that portion. I'll probably look into some Chinese knockoffs to replace the C hubs & maybe the knuckles. Otherwise, everything seems fine.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Great work I have been watching this unfold. I am impressed with the use of the axles for a super. It would be nice to see some more stuff pop up for them.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Got any Video of this thing? I've always wanted to build a super. Since I just got a wraith in trade and I'm not really into scalers, I might try something like this. Does the gearing seem okay with such big rubber?
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #69
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC09mini View Post
Got any Video of this thing? I've always wanted to build a super. Since I just got a wraith in trade and I'm not really into scalers, I might try something like this. Does the gearing seem okay with such big rubber?
Hey man. Sorry I've been sleeping on this thread. No video, but this is on fun truck to drive. It's so nimble for it's size. The Puller has more than enough juice on 3s to turn those wheels no problem. What i seem to lack is servo power, esepcially in the rear. If I rear steer while trying to setup a line on a n uphill, it struggles to re-center itself.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Wow I was just talking with Delmonte yesterday at the OC comp about building something very similar to this rig. Cant believe I havent seen your build yet as I have told a few guys in our WCRCC club that I have been wanting to build one of these for a few months now. Yours is looking real good. I think we can start up a class with these as they are relatively inexpensive to put together compared to our Supers. We could have a MID size super class that many more people can afford to compete in. Im going to get one together and see if a few guys in our club want to have some fun with them. I was thinking 13" to 15" would be a nice range for the wheelbase. Keep us updated on durability.

Last edited by Illeagle; 05-21-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #71
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Wow I was just talking with Delmonte yesterday at the OC comp about building something very similar to this rig. Cant believe I havent seen your build yet as I have told a few guys in our WCRCC club that I have been wanting to build one of these for a few months now. Yours is looking real good. I think we can start up a class with these as they are relatively inexpensive to put together compared to our Supers. We could have have a MID size super class that many more people can afford to compete in. Im going to get one together and see if a few guys in our club want to have some fun with them. I was thinking 13" to 15" would be a nice range for the wheelbase. Keep us updated on durability. :bigthumb:
This thing is an absolute blast to drive, and i definitely think it'll be quite a draw for you guys. beisdeds the axles themselves,the esc & wheels/tires, I had pretty much everything i needed to build it. I think 13" would be too short a WB for such large tires, but 16"-17" seems like a reasonable proportion.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Well I was thinking of more leaving it a class where a stock wraith wheelbase "could" compete in it, thats why the 13" wheelbase. I have something different in mind for tires than what you are running but I'm going to keep that hush hush till the build.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #73
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Well I was thinking of more leaving it a class where a stock wraith wheelbase "could" compete in it, thats why the 13" wheelbase. I have something different in mind for tires than what you are running but I'm going to keep that hush hush till the build.
Ah, I see you point. Should be fun no doubt.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Very sweet. I was always wondering why noone has built a rig such as this. I have one myself, but its a little on the heavy side and without rear steer. I am working on putting it on a diet and hope to shoot for a RTR weight under 10lbs. Maybe add rear steer. But for sure, the drivetrain will handle super size tires and wheels. I have never seen super class crawler binds that would be beyond the strength of the wraith drivetrain.

I have a 1200kv roc 412 and the downhill throttle is not great. I use 70% db to roll down inclines instead. Stay brushed. (im sure you know that)

I think the biggest thing that would make something like this even better is a lower ratio overall. I think the reduction of the wraith components is barely adequate for tires 7"+.

Very Cool and Unique.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

do you have a problem with torque twist with the chassis?
tweak6 is offline   Reply With Quote

My AR60 Axled Super Class Shafty. Ready To Run! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My attempt at building the ultimate super! jason Superclass Crawlers 125 02-17-2013 03:36 PM
my attempt to be different ONE HUSKY PAYLOAD Axial SCX-10 8 01-16-2012 05:16 PM
First attempt evilunclefred Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 01-12-2011 06:36 PM
Super Bully Second Attempt joesbruiser Superclass Crawlers 48 04-10-2010 11:00 PM
First Attempt Thundermaxx Videos! 2 12-07-2006 12:46 PM