Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Stubs Super Bully!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Stubs Super Bully!!!

Ooo! You get a vacation and you get to sleep in your own bed, nice!

I think there might be enough supers in Fl to have a comp! Once there all up and running we will have to all get together and run them through some gates.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Ordered 2 of these and they are AWESOME!! Receiver bypass adapter Super easy to plug in and they work great! The servo's seam faster than when they were plugged into the rx with only one bec? Maybe i'm just crazy though?

I have been messing with my 6ex and i mixed steering ch1 and ch4 on pmx2 with the ch5 toggle. It is a lot easier to operate like this put does anyone know if there is a way to move it to the trainer/idle up toggle? If not i think i will just switch the toggles in the radio. I would also like to make the trainer switch make the rear steer 50% when flipped one way and 100% when the other? Does anyone know how to do that?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #23
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I have never really understood that adapter. Why not just use a male - male adapter, pull the signal wire, install signal wire into a holder and call it good?

What am I missing?

Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Why have a 50% rear steer on a mix? Just put one axle on the left stick and one axle on the right stick and steer them individual from one another.
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:15 AM   #25
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I have never really understood that adapter. Why not just use a male - male adapter, pull the signal wire, install signal wire into a holder and call it good?

What am I missing?

The only advantage of the adapters is they run a ground to the Rx, instead of just the signal wire.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:

What am I missing?

I kinda looked around for those male/male adapters but i couldn't find them. The adapters are super easy, just plug the two ends into it, and plug it into the rx and your done. No making wires and everything is in their stock plug. Just seamed a lot easier and simple to me. From start to finish it took me about 30 seconds to install both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
Why have a 50% rear steer on a mix? Just put one axle on the left stick and one axle on the right stick and steer them individual from one another.
I have it set up the same as i run my 2.2 radio. Front steering right stick (side to side), rear axle right stick (up/down), rear steer left (side to side) front motor left (up/down). Then i have pmx 1 on ch6, ch2 slave, ch3 master for front dig on the left stick. And i put pmx 2 on ch5 with ch4 slave and ch1 master. I am not sure how he did it but a friend also set the Rudder toggle so when its up you have to move the right stick about 50% before it does anything (so i don't bump the rear motor when i don't mean to). If i need rear dig instant i just flip the toggle down.

You can mix so much in the 6ex. And it makes driving with a stick radio so much easier.

I drove it yesterday and with the mix on the steering it makes 4 weel steer so much easier but it's only for steering them to make a tight turn. To crap walk i have to turn the mix off and steer with the left stick. I feel it just makes it easier to control in a situation where there is a lot going on. Doing 4 functions at one is to confusing for me at this point
Old 03-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
I have it set up the same as i run my 2.2 radio. Front steering right stick (side to side), rear axle right stick (up/down), rear steer left (side to side) front motor left (up/down). Then i have pmx 1 on ch6, ch2 slave, ch3 master for front dig on the left stick. And i put pmx 2 on ch5 with ch4 slave and ch1 master. I am not sure how he did it but a friend also set the Rudder toggle so when its up you have to move the right stick about 50% before it does anything (so i don't bump the rear motor when i don't mean to). If i need rear dig instant i just flip the toggle down.

You can mix so much in the 6ex. And it makes driving with a stick radio so much easier.

I drove it yesterday and with the mix on the steering it makes 4 weel steer so much easier but it's only for steering them to make a tight turn. To crap walk i have to turn the mix off and steer with the left stick. I feel it just makes it easier to control in a situation where there is a lot going on. Doing 4 functions at one is to confusing for me at this point
Understandable...I had my super steering mixed when I started using the twin sticks. After awhile though, I bet you get rid of the mix all together and just rock the steering true twin stick style.

Like I said though...I understand. There have been many time when alot needs to happen fast that My brain wants to explode!
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
There have been many time when alot needs to happen fast that My brain wants to explode!
Being new to supers myself, this is why I opted to put mine on my 4pks. I lose the absolute control of the rear power and steering. I still click the switch the wrong way more than 1/2 the time too.

Maybe I should mod my dx6i for auto center on the left stick and put it on there, but that would mess with my helis. hmmm

I can't wait to see this rig on Sunday Stubs
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #29
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordwood View Post
The only advantage of the adapters is they run a ground to the Rx, instead of just the signal wire.
What benefits does running the ground to the RX provide?

Quote:
I kinda looked around for those male/male adapters but i couldn't find them.
If you ever need them..

Servo Connector Female to Male Adapter

I actually got the whole kit

Servo Connector Kits

I consider a connector kit like this a necessary tool for RC. Once you have one you will wonder how you made it without. There is also a lot of weight and mess you can pull out of wiring when you cut them to the correct length.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #30
Nobody

Quote:

If you ever need them..

Servo Connector Kits

I consider a connector kit like this a necessary tool for RC. Once you have one you will wonder how you made it without. There is also a lot of weight and mess you can pull out of wiring when you cut them to the correct length.

The ground doesnt do anything if you dont have glitching. Many have a problem with it and adding the ground solves it.

I agree, a good connector kit it like having a good soldering iron. I have the hansen hobbies kit and their stuff rocks.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:

If you ever need them..

Servo Connector Kits

Thats a cool kit but it looks like way to much work I just plugged in the connectors and jammed it under the panels.

Which brings me to another point! How can you guys stand this bodiless business? I am tempded to cut the cab off this stupid thing and put a body over it! Every time i want to get to the electronics i have to take a ton of screws out. It is driving me f**king crazy
Old 03-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thats a cool kit but it looks like way to much work I just plugged in the connectors and jammed it under the panels.

Which brings me to another point! How can you guys stand this bodiless business? I am tempded to cut the cab off this stupid thing and put a body over it! Every time i want to get to the electronics i have to take a ton of screws out. It is driving me f**king crazy
It should not be that bad. You should only need to remove 2 screws to access the elecs. Either the front or rear cross member on the top panel then flip it open

Edit: never mind, I just looked at yours again. You are screwed into the cross members including the middle. I use zipties. Remove the middle one completely. Then it is only 2 screws to remove the cross members to flip the panel!

Last edited by DickyT; 03-23-2012 at 04:12 PM.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #33

Where did you get those wheels? Sweet lookin setup.
Stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Thanks!

Not sure who made the wheels? They were on there when i got it.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Wow! I want a superbully so bad now. They just look amazing when they're on the rocks.
Super Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Tubes smoobes. Maybe I will have to make some sets.
Please do.
TedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Just wanna say gratz on 9th at ecc. Was reading the little writing on the home page
Super Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Nice driving this past weekend! It was good to meet you...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #39

Nice looking car!!
B-WCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Fabrication View Post
Just wanna say gratz on 9th at ecc. Was reading the little writing on the home page
Thanks! Supers are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Nice driving this past weekend! It was good to meet you...
Thanks! It was great to meet you also and I appriciate all the help you have given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-WCRAWLER View Post
Nice looking car!!
Thanks. It is in for some major changes! Dlux style.

Stubs Super Bully!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stub's Dlux HALLSTYLE stubs179 RC4WD Bully 360 12-19-2018 04:25 PM