Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: MaxStone 1/8th build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #1

Default MaxStone 1/8th build

I was planning on going with 1/10th scale however I decided to go with 1/8th scale as a base and make it to 1/10th.

Anyhow I started off with 1/8th because of the bigger axles, tires, double on axle motors, long control arms and overall heavier duty yet simple chassis. In my opinion it's a great platform to start as theres lots of stuff you can do with it. There's tons of adjustment. To make it to 1/10th scale I decided to leave the control arms how they are and moved the location of the mounts to the center.

First I flipped and moved the mount for the batteries to the middle of the chassis and put the electronics neatly on top and tied up the wires to the upper control arms. The control arm mounts were originally on the outside far out. I moved them to the inside and the center and flipped them. I had to drill for the lower mounts but the top mounts had enough holes up there for adjustment. Moving the mounts to the inside helps with one less thing to get caught up on a rock and of course shortened the wheel base by about 3" which leaves me about 1" longer than the stock stats for the 1/10th scale maxstone model.

For the build i'm using a 1/10th jeep wrangler body that i had on my old 3.3 T-Max

Obviously this is now a crawler so the fenders had to go.
Off came the fenders. At max flex you can see the tires are forward about an inch however no rubbing. It's normal for competition jeeps to have the tires about that much forward so that's right in 1/10th spec now.

I wanted to lower the body more however that's as low as it can go. Actually now that i think about it i can flip the mounts from the chassis to go a bit more.

Next i wanted to get rid of the ugly green color so first thing i did was paint the beadlocks.

Anyhow at this point tons of flex with room to spare.

My next project is making a roof rack.
I'm using a copper 1/8th inch wire. It's not too hard on its own so its nice to form by hand however once you put it all together its quite sturdy. Some of my solders are pretty messy and will need cleaning up however overall it looks good in my opinion. Will paint it black once i get the rest of the cage fixed up.

I will be buying some 1/4th inch wire/copper pipe to make a roll cage out of it and will be mounting the rack on top after that as well as mounting a tire at the back on a slant. I'll be painting everything black after it's made.

Anyone have a tire they are looking to sell/get rid of thats around 7" in diameter?

Anyhow let me know what you think so far.

Last edited by Triple88a; 02-10-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #2

Default Re: MaxStone 1/8th build

Smooth aluminum battery cover done.

Triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote

MaxStone 1/8th build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/8th Scale Exceed RC MaxStone 4WD Rock Crawler hobbypartz General Crawlers 7 12-29-2012 01:34 PM
Help with maxstone 10 Jake42 Newbie General 4 12-18-2012 05:09 PM
1/8th MaxStone crawler EZRYDER General Crawlers 4 08-13-2012 12:35 PM
Tiger VI in 1/8th Scale Build/ Project! GEN Non Crawler RC's 1 08-12-2011 12:44 PM
1/8th Buggy build ou812 Non Crawler RC's 7 04-17-2009 08:25 PM