Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Looking for "Super" advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 07:32 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Looking for "Super" advice

I think they look great, thanks for filling me in. I REALLY want to thank you for posting a picture of your super finally, I've seen enough teaser shots, about time I gotta getta see her. Incredible rig!

So beside RC4WD's RokLox, there's nothing off the shelf for this application, and it's best to just make my own? What kind of glue is best to use? Hell I'll give it a shot. I would assume by the amount added to your tires if I buy 3-2packs that'll get me more than going?
Conflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

I.C 2000 glue practice cutting and gluing an old set before, i cut up some old short course tires and glue them back it just takes time Foams may be an issue ci are sold out and there are no plans yet to replace them I posted in the wtb looking for some for a week and no dice I'm resorting to cutting and glueing some ci 6" together should work" I hope"
J-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #43

I found a little info by searching Cut and shut some time ago and also found IC2000 as the recommended glue, but there were complaints of it being hard to find and bottles being dried up upon purchase.

A few other options:

A Main Hobbies:

Bob Smith Industries INSTA-FLEX+ Clear Rubber Toughened CA (1oz) [BSI120] | Glue, Oil & Cleaners - A Main Hobbies

I tried this:

Gorilla Glue 20 g Super Glue-78056 at The Home Depot

Gorilla Glue "Impact-tough" formula. It worked pretty well, and I also used it to glue the beads to the wheels.

Make sure you have a clean straight cut use the smallest drop, press together and count to 30.

Last edited by Crawl in Az; 04-06-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Crawl in Az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Money View Post
I.C 2000 glue practice cutting and gluing an old set before, i cut up some old short course tires and glue them back it just takes time Foams may be an issue ci are sold out and there are no plans yet to replace them I posted in the wtb looking for some for a week and no dice I'm resorting to cutting and glueing some ci 6" together should work" I hope"
My company specializes in predominantly textile manufacturing, one of our divisions is medical and dental textile goods. Part of the medical line is making replacement surgery table, gurney table, CAT scan table, etc. pads. I have literally truck loads of memory foam, closed cell foam, foam rubber, poly, UA, UR, foam. So there's no worry's about me getting foam. But, my LHS just recently signed on with CI, and when I was there this weekend I seen several sets of the double deuce 6" foam. If you are interested shoot me a PM and I will give you there number. I'm sure they would send you some.

Thanks for the info Crawl in AZ!! Good looking out.

Man I am going crazy, I already have so much stuff on the way for my Super and I don't even have it yet! I bought a chassis from Dlux, and just seen that its going to beat my super here!

DARN IT I NEED IT NOW!!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Okay, so here's my new (used) chassis for the super crawler I have purchased that isn't FRIGGIN HERE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 More days, it's been a loooooonnnnggg week. I am a man that like to give credit where credit is due, and my friends Erik at Dlux is an absolute GENIUS!! This chassis in my opinion is the coolest, most unique, chassis I have ever laid my eyes on. You could pretty much consider me a country boy. I live in the sticks, I have a laid back personality, I love the woods, hunting, fishing, and TRUCKS. When Erik told me that he had an old chassis that was based off a pickup I couldn't buy it fast enough, and now I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. If I had the ability to draw out, and cut a chassis, I would most definitely try to base it off a pick-up so this chassis to me is my dream chassis. Every time I buy something from Dlux, it more than surpasses my expectations.

Many thanks to Erik. I am as happy as could be. There isn't a chassis online that brand new or not that I would be willing to give this one up for. Thank you sir!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2014, 07:55 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Holy f*ck around and get shot!

I finally took possession of my 'new' super-crawler yesterday. I must say my mind has officially been blown away!! Obviously when you purchase something that is custom built its always hard to really determine how big or small it actually is. In the pictures when I was looking at it to buy it looked proportioned rather well, and I really couldn't actually draw the correct picture in my head knowing that it had 8.5" tall tires. I bought it anyway in shear excitement, there were 2 different delays in the shipping so it took 12 days to get here. When the box showed up yesterday it was a 4 foot long 18" x 18" box that weighed 30 pounds.

OH BOY! Yeah she's a big girl! The pictures of the chassis that I posted earlier the Erik made is 3" wide and just a hair over 12" long. So I was expecting to make a big truck. Well look in the pictures, you can actually see how small that Dlux Chassis is compared to what I received. This thing is an absolute BEAST!! It has a 30" wheel base!!! The Dlux chassis is smaller than the track width of this thing!!

All I can say is WOW!!

I don't even know what to do! I need some help though fella's, I really screwed up the settings in the radio when I got it yesterday and I haven't even been able to drive it yet. It has a Novak M2 system and came with a Futaba 4PL. The power switch on the esc was broken off when I received it, and that's why I got such a good deal, I was messing around with the radio before I fixed the esc and pretty much hashed everything. I soldered the power wire back on to the esc but don't know how to program it or the radio. I have never used a Futaba 4PL nor the M2 system. I have been able to get the 4WS to work and cycle properly but can't get the motors to work at all.

PLEASE HELP!!
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #47
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Man, I would love to drive something that big. Hell, you might even be able to ride that!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Its like a super scaler! Huge!

My only advice for the M2 is, Get rid of it!!!
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

I fully agree the M2 came out last night. To be honest with you guys, I must have screwed everything up inside the radio before I even made sure the M2 was properly installed. At work yesterday I tried to do some research on getting the M2 setup and going. Then watched all sorts of videos on the 4PL, by the time I got home to set it all up, everything was going haywire.

Running the M2 was only going to let me be lazy until I determine the actual path of this rig, so I could still cruise it around until I get the gumption up to rebuild it

Anyway when I got home I decided to just yank out all the electronics and put my dual FXR's in. I also decided it would probably be a good idea to run 2 BEC's so I went that route as well. I really think I am going to have to send these electronics out to get smashed: 1 FXR Pro, 1 FXR, and 2 CC BEC's is actually quite a hand-full of electronics, after I got everything wired together I had a hard time jamming it inside the cab. The chassis that this thing came with is rather unique, it is a very different design, fully TIG welded rod and sheet metal, the belly is completely closed and sealed, leaving only a tray on the upper portion for batteries and electronics. Truly a funky setup. You can see in the picture that I have a full size Gens Ace 3S 5000MAH battery sitting inside the cab next to both the FXR's and BEC's, and there is still lots of room in there.

But now that I do have it going, it is an entirely different animal than what I expect. Big, slow, awkward, unpredictable, under-powered, and FUN AS HELL TO DRIVE.

The 4WS not only is awesome, but also crucial to have in this rig. There is way more planning required to drive this long beast. My 2.2 is rather easy compared to this. Every obstacle that I get the front over, has to be re-climbed a couple seconds later when the rear gets around to making it over the same obstacle.

I think for now my plans are to gather up all the parts I need to get this thing tamed back down to an 18" wheel base. I am going to build it up using the chassis I bought from Dlux. I have a member on here holding a set of rims for me. Then I need to find someone to help me out getting the tire situation set up. Then I will blow it all apart and completely rebuild it.

Enough rambling right?? On to the pictures...

Last edited by Conflict; 04-16-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Here it is next to the 4PL to help understand the true SIZE of this thing.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Gratuitous flex shot
Attached Images

Last edited by Conflict; 04-16-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Now on to meat and potatoes! These axles are pretty damn sweet so far, they look tougher than hell, so I am excited to throw them a beating. I must immediately figure something out on the servos, you can see in the picture with the 7980 how the guy installed the servo on 2 half inch spacers. Initially the servo would twist up when I turned the tires, after I installed the BEC set to 7.4v now its trying to rip itself off the mount. Both the servo mounts are like that, and I know that they wont last like that for long.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2014, 08:21 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

So as you guys can see, I've got my work cut out for me. I also am going to need y'alls help so please don't hesitate to give me your opinions.

Someone on here had already mentioned that I have 38:1 gear boxes, when I upgrade to the 65:1 will I then have actual brake? Now when I cut off one of the motors you can hardly even notice, it just pushes itself around and I don't like that. I haven't gotten around to setting up the FXR's yet as I got this together and went to sleep last night. I am still rather positive that maxing out the drag brake isn't going to give me enough to slow this beast down.

Ideas on servo mounts anyone??!!??
Old 04-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #54
5th D Owner/Driver

Super Bully steering kit for 65:1

Super Bully Steering Kit (Black)

Super Bully steering kit for standard cases

http://store.rc4wd.com/Super-Bully-S...it_p_1052.html

Last edited by cboggs; 04-16-2014 at 12:05 PM.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Those seem to be elevated as well, do you think they will they be strong enough?
Old 04-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Although I am still gathering up pieces and parts to try and tame this monster down some, I am still going to do some maintenance work, as well as fix some of the stuff that was done that doesn't make sense.

First off this thing came with a Hitec 7950 & 7980, for some reason the seller put the 7980 on the rear as well as only had both the servos mounted on just two 1/2" tall spacers, so whenever you turned the tires you could see the servo twist and turn. Cboggs shared a link to some servo mounts (thank you for sharing sir), well as I was going though everything that came with the crawler, I actually found 2 of the mounts that Cboggs mentioned. So last night I blew the front axle apart and mounted that 7980 deeper set into the axle and also corrected the steering geometry. I really don't like how the servo arm has to be mounted on a tall bolt with the spacer, I am definitely going to have to devise a different solution for that, as I believe that won't last long especially with the 7980 running on a BEC @ 7.4V it is a FRIGGIN TORQUE MONSTER!! What an insanely powerful servo!! I am definitely going to buy one for the rear..

I found that both the dust covers on the axles are missing, I'm pretty sure that is not good but I'm going to replace them with the 65:1 cases anyway. Everything looked good inside the axle, these Bully's seem pretty darn tough. I'll be sure to find out There is a lot of work ahead of me
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Does anybody know if the Bully 2 knuckles will fit the original Bully axles? I would like to buy the Bully 2 Knuckles with the brass weights.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Dlux makes really nice weight for the super bully V1's. They will be your best bet.

You can grid a bunch out of the c and knuckle to get a bunch more steering out of the axles also. I have never ran a dust cover on any of my bully axles and have never had an issues. My rear case on my super is cut up like Swiss cheese and I don't have any covers on it.

stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #59
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflict View Post
Does anybody know if the Bully 2 knuckles will fit the original Bully axles? I would like to buy the Bully 2 Knuckles with the brass weights.
Pretty sure you could make a B1 knuckle fit a B2 chub but I dont think you can make a B2 knuckle fit a B1 chub. I think at the least you would need AX10 chubs on those axles..... I do have a set of delrin tubes for a super Bully sitting here ready to go if you need some. Its opening a can of worms for sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
I have never ran a dust cover on any of my bully axles and have never had an issues.
Me:
"Wow Stubs, you dont have a cover for the top of that gear case? Dont rocks and dirt get into there?"

Stubs"
"Yeah, Bullies are so tough that they just crunch the rocks up"
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
Also Erik at Dlux Fab has a chassis but you'll have to e-mail him not sure its listed on his website DLUX FAB | products
Tom G

So hey I'm trying to email that guy at dlux fab and can't find his email anywhere on the site and the link provided goes no where how do I get a hold of him ? As I'm looking to get some parts custom made for my crawler.
Can you point me in the right direction ?
Thnx Ben
VenomCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for "Super" advice - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM