Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: super build from redcat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #1

Default super build from redcat

hello everyone so I am planning on building a super crawler out of an 8th scale Redcat. I am not new to this hobby I have been building my own 2.2 chassis's and various other RC builds for 10 years now. with welding and fabricating experience to go with it. i always wanted to build a super crawler and make it as comp ready as I can, building as much as I can my self. so I would really like some ideas and advice on a good setup for the ESC I have or if 2 is better or if anyone knows of other redcat builds thanks vvery much in advance.

I'm going to be making delrin chassis plates. if anybody has pics or build threads that I can get ideas from
I want to use a Mamba max esc to power both motors on 3s
want to narrow the stock beadlock wheels .. if anyone can point me to a thread on that
already have the servo dig switches wired up and working on a 6 channel hacked flysky radio
going to make my own servo mounts to run dual servos up front. looking for affordable servo ideas. so come on everyone post up and help me build this thing will post pics as I go if Ican figure out how to post them. so if anyone can tell me how to post pics in advance lol thanks
squirl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: super build from redcat

I used to run a punk dig and a Brxl. The esc was great but the punk dig was glitchy. Now I use 2 br minis and love them. I hear castle sidewinder micros are pretty good too. I have never seen a redcat build. Why are you going to run redcat axles? I think this is the dig switch thread you're looking for My Dig Switch Box! . Some say the solar servos or savox is pretty good. I like the hitec 7950 and most use hitec 7980. The other thing you're going to need to convert it to 4ws. If you're looking for cheap axles I hear the mad torque axles are pretty good. Post a build thread when decide to build I'm think about doing a similar build. Good luck.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #3

thanks for the info I'm already in the build procces how can I Post pics of my progress. also red cat was cheap platform to start from
Old 04-10-2014, 06:27 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

To post pics, go to the top of the screen and click on FAQ and near the bottom you will see a section titled images and attachments , this will tell you how to post pics. There is a redcat section on the forum but most of the info is for the rs10. I'd like to see what you create using the redcat axles.
chopfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #5

thank you for the info and already have some very easy and simple mods done to the axle already
Old 04-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #6

yea so not that great with computers so i read all the picture stuff and i cant figure it out so i guess nobody will get to see my pictures :(
Old 04-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #7
RCC Addict

the mamba max is a very good esc but imo there are better ways to controll the motors

i like having 2 escs on moa rigs. with an apropriate radio you have unlimited control of the motors.
the holmes hobby mini brxl at 70.00 is very good for the price, you will need a bec. so 160.00 ish on pricefor all

the dig switch is over rated. if you have 4ws it is unnecesary. it was developed to help 2ws crawlers
make tight turns in competitions by locking up the rear motor so that the crawler will pivot around
the inner rear wheel. are you not going to have 4ws?

the flysky gt3c will work great and i am sure overkill at overkill rc will help you with the setup
as well as the hack to get more memory and other settings to improve the performance.

i also like using a stick radio, and i have it setup that one stick controlls both escs. throttle is the back
motor, rudder is the front. with the rudder slaved to the throttle when i push the stick forward, both motors
turn, but if i move the stick sideways, the front only turns. if i throw the slave switch, both motors are
independent of each other but the stick can be thrown at a 45 degree angle so both motors spin the same
or at any other angle to get one motor spinning faster than the other. take it from there...
the other stick has front steering as aelerons and rear steering plugged into elevators and they are not tied together,
i just mix the steering with the stick. takes a bit getting used to but the programming is very easy and there is no
need to be flipping switches all the time to change modes.
i have 2 servos on the front axle as well as 2 more servos on the rear axle. definitly need a bec

supers are awesome. i will be interested in seeing what you come up with for the chassis.
making as much of the crawler ourselves adds that extra bit of fun to the hobby

if you want, i can try to talk you into adding photos in here. pm me.
worst case, email me the pics and i will include them for you, but it is pretty easy to learn with a little bit of patience.
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:05 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Interesting radio setup cabron.

Every one I know that runs twin sticks has rudder handle rear steer. The ailerons runs front steer. With throttle and elevator running front and rear motors respectively.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote

super build from redcat - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
supercooper's RedCat Super Mods (aka how to make an RC Super almost acceptable) supercooper Superclass Crawlers 35 11-19-2012 02:33 PM
New/used redcat super crawler Rictor Superclass Crawlers 1 09-26-2012 11:29 AM
redcat super MdgtRac Superclass Crawlers 2 09-11-2011 11:11 PM
Redcat Super Greatscott Superclass Crawlers 6 06-09-2011 05:28 PM
super build using redcat axles. johndoe Redcat Crawlers 13 11-24-2010 07:46 AM