Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Klampyz HSP T2 Climber.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Klampyz HSP T2 Climber.

Hey peeps. had these axles for a while. it was originally a stocker, i stripped it, modded it and then stripped it again. trying to go scale with MOA axles is kinda not on. ill post some pics of what it went through just to get yall started.

and now, heres what ive been playing with over the past few nights.

i had a play with making some "larger" tires......

but decided that for now ill stick with just narrowing the rims.

which netted me a decent increase in track width and a slightly taller tire.

ive got a second set of white dot 2.2 rovers coming, so ill be making a set of super rovers when they get here.

ive got a bit of work ahead of me yet as i havent even thought about what i want as far as a chassis is concerned, but i will ask, should i specifically NOT make the rear end rigid with the frame?? coz thats the idea ive got running around in my mind at the moment.

thanks.
klampykixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 01:56 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Klampyz HSP T2 Climber.

first go at building my own tire. came out a little wobbly, but fairly happy with it. has similar proportions to a typical 2.2 size.

compared to a stocker on narrowed rim.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Old 07-15-2014, 07:10 AM   #4
RCC Addict

picked up a fresh roller. i wont cannibalise this one as a starting point. however i do have some ideas that im toying with so im sure as i work through you will all get to see what i come up with.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Keep us updated because I am interested in what you are doing. I also have a set of those axles. I have a list of upgrade parts that will fit those axles with no mods put together from several vendors.
cameron20118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:48 AM   #6
RCC Addict

would you mind sharing the upgrades youre referring to? ill be posting my progress here for sure as i have a slightly different idea to try for the chassis.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #7
RCC Addict

had a bit of a play with the stock chassis tonight. rearranged it a little and swapped a few things around. all of which are "in theory" mods until i actually get it on the rocks.

lowered the stance significantly and gave it some rake

narrowed the chassis for better link triangulation.

almost max flex. i still think its a just a little too much, but it might prove to be ok, again an "in theory" setup.

and the likely stance with the body on. love how low it is, of course its sitting on the axles in this shot, so will have to be at least a smidge higher.

one thing you cant see, i ground the steering knuckles back for a tiny bit more steering lock. there was enough engagement in the dogbone that i was comfortable increasing the steering throw a little. ill be doing the same for the rear. just gotta make sure the servo is capable of steering it that far.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the update and pics! I am also trying to figure out how to mod the knuckles to get more steering out of them. I have already gone to a longer servo arm and adjusted my servos EPA (am using stick steering) and with my present wheel tire combo I don't need the "dogbone" in the knuckle arm that now stops its movement. Good job and keep us updated.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
would you mind sharing the upgrades youre referring to? ill be posting my progress here for sure as i have a slightly different idea to try for the chassis.
Sry but I am not allowed attachments at this time. Maybe there in a minimum number of posts I must have first? Anyway soon as it will let me post pics I will.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:27 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

You asked for the mods so here are some,if it looks like I am hijacking your thread sry

changed out the front plastic pieces cause I kept breaking them

these are the frame plates that I have been using the last month

the small shock on front acts more like a limiter then a shock

dual esc with the rear motor set to lock up when no power is applied, poor mans dig

rear shock setup atm

Alloy gears (alloy gear cases coming for Bday) 4 wheel steering, independent motor control all done with a $31 Flysky controller. For just going out and having fun it is great.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:28 AM   #11
RCC Addict

no worries about hijacking mate, i asked for it !!

looks like mostly the stock style upgrades, which is good of course !!

im going to suss out a way of fitting CVD in the steering for some mega steering ability. just gotta work out which way im going to go about it. 1/8 buggy bits look like they might be the ticket. or even 1/5 baja CVDs.. not sure yet. havent even started looking.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Have you seen the thread on rccrawler where the guy cut his frame out of a cutting board? Been playing around with some frame designs after I saw that. Figure I get the dremel out and spend the $3 for material and see what happens. I would be very interested to see what ideas you come up with concerning the steering.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

hope you guys don't mind me asking, but for these HSP T2s, seen a few places to get them really dirt cheap. At what price do you guys feel these vehicles are worth it?

This will mainly be for playing aroudn to get a feel for crawling since its so cheap, very little investment and I may pick up two of them so my youngest daughter cna have an RC to play with.

Anything you can give for info would be helpful!

Thanks!

Any by the way, what truck body is that you mounted to give it that kind of scale look?
Cainlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainlord View Post
hope you guys don't mind me asking, but for these HSP T2s, seen a few places to get them really dirt cheap. At what price do you guys feel these vehicles are worth it?

This will mainly be for playing aroudn to get a feel for crawling since its so cheap, very little investment and I may pick up two of them so my youngest daughter cna have an RC to play with.

Anything you can give for info would be helpful!

Thanks!

Any by the way, what truck body is that you mounted to give it that kind of scale look?
If you are thinking about going for a scale look you might want to consider a shaft driven crawler. If you do decide to go with a 1/8 MOA be aware that HSP, Himoto and Maxstone all use the same axles and gears. Body, links, bumpers are mostly brand specific but for most things parts will interchange.
Check your area for a crawling club or someone who is in to the sport and go talk to them if possible. I am sure they would be happy to give you there opinion.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:21 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Seems all my pics have gone but I picked up a second roller so now have four complete axles that I plan to build a full steel 8x8 tatra come mongo style rig as a hauler for my 1/10 rigs.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:31 AM   #16
RCC Addict

ill just leave this here>

Old 07-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #17
RCC Addict

need a pair of the exceed tires if anyone has a pair.

the HSP versions look like MOABs, and id prefer a full set of the crusher looking ones.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:55 AM   #18
RCC Addict

started on the cab section today.

spare tire going into the offset bar on the right in this pic>

Old 07-27-2016, 03:03 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Old 05-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Decided it was too costly to finish the mammoth so here's some fresh progress so here's a few pics to insert into a thread I dug up

She's running a pair of generic 12kg tower pro servos, stock brushed motors, and will be on a 3ch radio as a minimum. Thinking twin stick control would be better maybe. Not sure yet.

Klampyz HSP T2 Climber. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Klampyz F350 klampykixx 2.2 Scale Rigs 52 07-07-2014 08:23 AM
klampyz 1/18 HSP Kulak / Losi MRC klampykixx Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 69 06-13-2014 08:52 AM
Klampyz Creeper klampykixx Venom Creeper 31 12-04-2013 02:20 AM
Klampyz Wraithokee klampykixx 1.9 Scale Rigs 60 08-31-2013 01:53 AM
Klampyz HSP MOA 1/8 klampykixx Superclass Crawlers 89 04-19-2013 09:02 AM