Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Gauging interest for super foams from CI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 06:02 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Gauging interest for super foams from CI

So the purpose of this thread is to see what you guys would be interested in as far as super foams. So post up what foams in particular you would be interested in or if you don't know post up what size tire you are running. Eddie at crawler innovations used to make a 7.25" closed cell foam and also a 7.75" as well. My hopes is to have Eddie produce these again, or at least another run of them. Keep in mind that these foams will be for a 115mm or 4.5" wheel.

Last edited by THX_138; 10-25-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Diamond D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gauging interest for super foams from CI

Was lucky enough to get one of the last sets when Eddie built my super Voodoos. If I ever need another set it would be nice to have them available.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:34 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I would be interested also, I don't have my rig yet so I am not sure what size tires are on it and what size foams I might need.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Re: Gauging interest for super foams from CI

I'd be interested in at least 2 sets of ( 8 ea.) 7 3/4 super foams

Tom G

Last edited by Tom G; 08-29-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond D View Post
So the purpose of this thread is to see what you guys would be interested in as far as super foams. So post up what foams in particular you would be interested in or if you don't know post up what size tire you are running. Eddie at crawler innovations used to make a 7.25" closed cell foam and also a 7.75" as well. My hopes is to have Eddie produce these again, or at least another run of them. Keep in mind that these foams will be for a 115mm or 4.5" wheel.

I'm looking for the 7.75"
Get King Gee to post up on this thread
Old 08-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Here i am and yes please. Id like 7.75 as well for my 8" voodoos. Ive wanted to mess around with comp cutting them but until available im stuck. Id be down for 2 full sets.
KingGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
5th D Owner/Driver

I would be in for 2 full sets of 7.75" foams as well.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I would be in for at least one full set of 7.75". Probably 2 full sets.
rofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

1st, thank you for starting the thread.

2nd, CI has Soft, Medium, & Firm Super Nova Outers in Stock.

3rd, I'm open to producing another run of either 7.25 or 7.75 inners. The 7.75" was the more popular size. I'd prefer one size or the other at this point due to how long they sit and how much space they take.

4th; Something that would benefit the sport/hobby & manufactures would be to create the Super Class Wheel, Tire, & Foam Guidelines. We have already wasted years not defining some basic guidelines and the true builders class of the supers has flat lined. Super Class wheel size & tire size MUST be DEFINED if you ever expect a manufacturer to invest the money. It takes money to make money. The upfront cost for a Super size Plastic wheel & rubber tire is scary. I've said it for years that the lack of guidelines is the class's own downfall.

The "Pros" of the Super Class have all used 115mm wheels. No one competing has won with 3.2" or 3.8" wheels on the National Level in over five years. Make the standard wheel size 115mm for all USRCCA Supers. A standardized wheel size means that tires and foams can be based off it.

The Super Nova line of dual stage foams used 115mm wheels. However I would still get interest in people wanting 3.2 or 3.8 super foams because it's what they had laying around. It makes no sense to me that you can throw anything together for a super. 1.9" Wheels are required in the 1.9" Class. 2.2" is required for 2.2"; but the Super Class can run anything except a 1.9 or 2.2? Does anyone else see the confusion in that logic? Or is it just me? Standards or Guidelines define a class and shape the products that will be made for it.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I run wheels with trencher side walls not sure what that is in mm but id be interested for sure.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Some super 6 bolts would be the cats meow.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Some super 6 bolts would be the cats meow.
That would be totally awesome!!
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:17 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

7.75 would be the better choice.
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Speaking of 115mm wheels... what tires are there with a 115mm bead?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
1st, thank you for starting the thread.

2nd, CI has Soft, Medium, & Firm Super Nova Outers in Stock.

3rd, I'm open to producing another run of either 7.25 or 7.75 inners. The 7.75" was the more popular size. I'd prefer one size or the other at this point due to how long they sit and how much space they take.

4th; Something that would benefit the sport/hobby & manufactures would be to create the Super Class Wheel, Tire, & Foam Guidelines. We have already wasted years not defining some basic guidelines and the true builders class of the supers has flat lined. Super Class wheel size & tire size MUST be DEFINED if you ever expect a manufacturer to invest the money. It takes money to make money. The upfront cost for a Super size Plastic wheel & rubber tire is scary. I've said it for years that the lack of guidelines is the class's own downfall.

The "Pros" of the Super Class have all used 115mm wheels. No one competing has won with 3.2" or 3.8" wheels on the National Level in over five years. Make the standard wheel size 115mm for all USRCCA Supers. A standardized wheel size means that tires and foams can be based off it.

The Super Nova line of dual stage foams used 115mm wheels. However I would still get interest in people wanting 3.2 or 3.8 super foams because it's what they had laying around. It makes no sense to me that you can throw anything together for a super. 1.9" Wheels are required in the 1.9" Class. 2.2" is required for 2.2"; but the Super Class can run anything except a 1.9 or 2.2? Does anyone else see the confusion in that logic? Or is it just me? Standards or Guidelines define a class and shape the products that will be made for it.

I posted this in the rules committee section. You def have some good points that should be addressed.
Diamond D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Speaking of 115mm wheels... what tires are there with a 115mm bead?
Your standard 40 series tire fits the 115mm wheels nicely. Very little glue needed to secure the tire to the wheels.
KingGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

The consequences seam's to be of those who have posted up like 7.75". A quick count of those that have posted so far would be 44 ea of the 7.75 inner's

Since SUPER is a builders class ! if CI only offered 1 style say 7.75 inner's guys would adapt there needs. If someone like's larger then 40 series wheels they can re-cut the inner's to fit there need's.

At least the option would be out there.

Last edited by Tom G; 08-29-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

In a class that has been reduced to extremely low numbers I do not think rule changes that will make currently used wheels and tires illegal is a good decision.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #19
E.Y. Designs

If anyone needs tires I'll be here to make super tires as well
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

I'm very interested in this thread. I would be in to super foams, not sure what size my wheels are... Dlux wheels with Moab xL sidewalls. The BIGGEST argument I hear for not building a super is "no one makes tires". If a standard wheel size was adopted, someone could make a crawler specific tire for them (wishful thinking), possibly pushing the class forward in the long term. I agree that this could bump some people to illegal wheels on their rigs, but let's think long term.... If a wheel size was adopted, would it be fair to phase out old sizes by starting a comps with more points than 0... Meaning you start with 2 points in 2015... start with 4 points in 2016... You start with 6 points in 2017... It would give encouragement to change wheels, while not omitting anyone with other size wheels on their rigs.

Whatever happens, I love driving my super berg, I'd buy 2 complete sets of foams. I'll send my paypal now as a preorder if you would like... If they are too big to store, I'll keep all of CI's stock in my basement and ship them out as they sell.
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Gauging interest for super foams from CI - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gauging interest in a RC crawl event goblin79 Competitions 7 05-22-2009 11:58 AM
Casual crawl in Haltom City...gauging interest. billet works Texas 6 04-01-2008 09:43 PM