Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Axial XR-10 a.k.a Bagdaröök

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2015, 02:04 AM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial XR-10 a.k.a Bagdaröök

Last training before the first comp of this rigs career.

Week ago in our local comp.

Now I feel I have done "enough" training to reach the good basic performance of this thing.

Still it manages to suprise me on every driving session.

Going for the tricky bonus. Never made it with any of my rigs. It truely was a tricky one.

Sidehilling is like childs play with 4ws.

Another bonus on the edge.

As you can see from this pic I snapped quite a few pins off from all four tires. The grip became much better. I wasn't sure at first to do so much cutting, but luckily I did.

Tricky bonus three. This was a pro class course.

It's there.

Here is the first course of the morning in video. Pretty pleased how it did the sixth gate.

On the next day it was time to prepare it for the big comp. New lexan cover for the electronics behind the front axle.

The old shrink has began to wear off.

Ugly as hell, but it covers my electronics at least.

Changed some screws in the chassis, which were too weak to be aluminium. Like front and rear upper link screws. I'll get the set of spacers for my 3D printed hex hubs in Norway. I'll attach them there. Otherwise it's ready for the first battle!

So are my other rigs. Good feeling to be well prepared early.

My goal is to fight for the win of course. Eleven rigs registered for the comp, which is really good number of rigs bearing in mind that there was only 17 in the Worlds last year. One finnish, two swedish, two french and six norwegian rigs. It's gonna be a good first comp. Can't wait!

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 05-31-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2015, 06:21 AM   #82
DravTech

When I used that mount I think I had it the other way around with the black part under the electronic package instead of over it as you seem to have it. Then the black part gave some cover for the electronics.

It might only be 10 drivers... I am doubtful I will get my super rtr
Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:09 AM   #83
Rock Stacker

Default Axial XR-10 a.k.a Bagdaröök

What is needed to build that style of axle housing widener for super XR?

Last edited by Weekend Crawler; 06-01-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Weekend Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Crawler View Post
What is needed to build that style of axle housing widener for super XR?
Sorry for the late answer. You'll need wider tubes from creationfab, if I remember correctly, xr10 rear lockouts and wraith long sided shafts.

So, first comp behind with this rig and I'm pleased of how it is working.

Course one was the most fun of the day.

I had zero problems with the rig apart from the salty ocean water on my deans plugs. Luckily that was no big deal.

Coming down from gate three.

Smooth, no mistakes so far.

Gate seven and down we go again.

Going for last two of the gates. Behind you can see the staggering scenery of this comp site!

Voodoo pins gave me all the traction there is.

Course two was the decider course this time.

Here. I chose little bit wrong line and ended up dipping the whole front tire into the hole. Ten point reposition was the only way to deal with it.

After that stupid mistake everything went relatively well.

Going for gate six up top.

Used every trick I knew to make the turns without reverse.

There wasn't too much room for turning.

Last two gates ahead!

On the first try I chose the wrong line and almost flipped the whole thing over. Took one reverse to escape it clean.

Time for some video!

Course 1 - (-20/-20)

My favorite course all day. Starting from the top of the rock and coming down at first. No bigger issues except gate eight, which I almost forgot.

Course 2 (-9/-20)

This was the course where something did go wrong. Before gate three I got stuck and had to take a reposition. That was too expensive mistake in a three course competition. Last gate was a tricky one, but after searching the line for more than a minute I found it. Happy about everything else but the repo...

Course 3 - (-10/-20)

This course was basically just walk thru till the very last gate. Gate ten was a vertical cliff, that only one rig passed without bigger problems. I tried to go from the side couple of times, but just couldn't see it going there. Rig was just wide enough to fall from the rock both times. Eventually I just rode the gate over.

Ps. Sorry for all of the salt on the lens. Ocean was a bit rough that day and there was nothing we could do that would help it.

Eventually I ended up second spot only six points behind the winner Bolt on.

I'm only dissapointed because of my own mistake on that reposition. Otherwise it would've been business as usual.

You have to get what you deserve, I guess.

Allthough luckily I didn't go home empty handed. Thanks for all of the guys who made this weekend possible! Good times! I'm afraid that the next competition for this rig will be in EuroCrawl on november.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:14 AM   #85
RCC Addict

Way too long from the previous update!

Every now and then I've been driving with this rig.

No faults have been found during the summer. All though, I haven't driven too much with it to be honest.

These pics are from last comp, where I took it outdoors once more before EuroCrawl!

Tricky spot.

Soon it will be time to get set for the big one. More training will happen on the beach rocks of Almuñécar.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #86
RCC Addict

A little preparation was in place for this rig too.

Opened the axles and saw what's where.

Everything looks good, so I added VP grease in there.

Front axle was good as well. I haven't been driving too much with this though.

Everything set for the second comp with this rig!

Made some stupid mistakes in Norway on June and now it's time to learn from them. Gonna do few days of training before the comp to get "the" feeling.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...SDSlI/pubhtml#
Here you can find live scoring of EuroCrawl 2015. Super will be driven on friday.

This comp is long waited. There isn't too many super comps in europe and personally I like this class the most. My goal is to be European Champion. But as in shafty, there will be some pretty unforgiving contenders. Fingers crossed!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #87
Pebble Pounder

congrats thank you for organisation eurocrawl
david511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:49 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

SO AGAIN .... Congrats for the win and a really special thanks for the double start on your rig . much appreciate it ! It was a real pleasure to be on your group and get the opportunity to look at you on driving . So smooth and really impressive rig even for a noob like me on 4.0 it was easy to handle even with the thousand functions this rig is stick one the rocks . Thanks again and see you next time for more evil time .
Cirederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by david511 View Post
congrats thank you for organisation eurocrawl
Thank you for participating David! It was great to see all of the french crew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirederf View Post
SO AGAIN .... Congrats for the win and a really special thanks for the double start on your rig . much appreciate it ! It was a real pleasure to be on your group and get the opportunity to look at you on driving . So smooth and really impressive rig even for a noob like me on 4.0 it was easy to handle even with the thousand functions this rig is stick one the rocks . Thanks again and see you next time for more evil time .
Thanks Fred! And no problem with the loaning. It was great to see your progress already during the competition! Impressive driving!

Time to sum up the weekend in EuroCrawl.

I arrived at Almuñécar already on sunday.

This was our great hotel during the week. 50m to the rocks.

We got some training with Arttu, who also had bought a super. Now I can really start training in Finland too!

Positive feelings in training. Nothing broke and the rig was performing well.

Eating lunch on friday before the super class.

Doing organisation stuff meant, that I really didn't have any time to "worry" about my performances and competing. I think this was a big key to success.

Finishing course one. Really long course with tricky gates.

Didn't have time to try the other bonus though.

Finished! That's good way to begin.

My buddy Fred a.k.a Cirederf asked if he could double start with me in super class. Why not?! It was awesome to see his progress during this one competition already! And it was great to see the rig making twelve courses without bigger problems.

Going for the bonus on Fanatic RC course.

On this course the rig really showed it's best side. Really easy to handle on these rocks. Only thing I noticed, that I might need smoother motors for this kind of grip. Or smaller pinions.

Here is the third course. "Norwegian revenge!"

This side up.

It was the worst course for me in the whole competition all classes included. -10 points only. But hell, it was really hard.

Crawler Keller course on the way. I was the only one to finish this.

Really cool gate with super.

Gate four in progress. The course was really close to the cliff, so driver had to be extra cautious.

Not choosing the obvious line for fifth gate.

All or nothing! Going for the bonus.

My christmas came early. You see the fishing wire in the front axle? That didn't have any effect on this performance, thank god.

With this kind of hurry, I didn't find the right line for this gate.

Rig posing in the sun before the fifth course.

Now a long waited section! Video corner.

Krawler Konceptz Course (-19/-40)

First course since Nordics. Don't know what happened on the very first gate, where I hit a marker. Just a little change in the terrain and whole rig moved few inches. I knew I had to be quick on this course, cause the distance between first and last gate was guite big. Didn't have time to drive the other bonus, but I'm relatively happy with this score as well. Only bummer was the first gate.

Fanatic RC Course (-40/-40)

I was one of the guys to build this course. I managed to throw in some serious lines and good gates. It was really fun to drive this. Allthough a little excitement on the seventh gate, when the rig rolled into a hole. Recovery of the century came right after that. Really loved this course!

Holmes Hobbies Course (-10/-40)

Then it was time for the trickiest course of the weekend. (At least for me) First gate was easy downhill, but gates 2 to 4 were really tough time killers. Gate two was familiar from the Nordics. I call it "Brumle edition". No hard feelings Asle. This time it made no exception and I had to take the gate. Third gate was something spectacular as well. My plan almost worked out, until I bounced back on the gate again. Darn! To gate four I had to find line for a long time. Luckily I had just enough ground clearance to make it from the easy line. Rushed off the rest of the course with one bonus and made it thirteen seconds before the bell rang. Challenging, but extremely fun course!

Crawler Keller Course (-19/-40)

In this course we had bit of problems with the camera. Battery died before the first gate and Sofi tried to turn it on again few times and managed to shoot few moments of the course. Too bad, cause this was one performance to remeber! Right after first gate some fishing wire got round of my tire and axle. Fortunately it didn't have any effect on my performance. I drove both of the bonuses, which were relatively easy, but relly close to the sea. At gate eight, I had wrong line approaching it, but didn't have enough time to fix it so I hit a marker. Tried gate nine several times from the bottom, but after hearing that there's fourty seconds left went to the top to straddle it. Managed to clear gate ten with five seconds remaining. No wonder nobody else made it through.

Team Ottsix Course (-18/-40)

Another course made by me. This time it didn't go as well as in Fanatic RC course. First three gates, no problem. At fourth gate, I wasn't able to climb on top of the cliff to hang my tire and climb up. Tried the line from the side, but rig got in bad position and I had to take the marker. This was a tough gate with all honesty. At eight gate my approach was poor and I dropped off from the cliff. Drove the other bonus and straddled the gate to make it in time. Few stupid mistakes, but no bigger harm done. Just need to practise more how the rig is reacting in sidehills.

RcBros Course (-30/-40)

Last course for me of EuroCrawl 2015. Wanted badly to make good performance here. Everything went well up untill the fourth gate. I was already through the gate when the rig bounced back on it. This is purely one of those reactions of the rig, that I know only by driving with it more. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Rest of the course went really well though, so this didn't feel too bad after all. Tasting the champagne at the end, was really perfect end to a perfect opening day of EuroCrawl!

Prize giving to top three of Super and 1.9 classes.

Happy to take the win for DravTech Super SuDu!!

Big congrats to Arttu, who came second in his debut comp with supers. I can already see some pontential with training together! Congrats to David cathcing the third as well! Nice driving!

Previously unseen in the crawling competitions! Champagne!!

Here are the results. Ok, slight gap. I have to be proud of that!

This was important step in my path. I still think super is the class of kings.

All in all, I had great time in Spain!

Big thanks to the supporters of the competition! Raffle prizes were really cool this year! Huge thanks to DravTech being the title sponsor.

We went on top of Almuñécar at the morning of departure. This scenery is really one of a kind. It really was great weekend and trip to the south. All of the guys who came there made it perfect. Big thanks to all of my friends! Another thank of this year goes to my current and previous sponsors/supporters:

DravTech
RC4WD
Team Ottsix
PURPMART
Krawler Konceptz
Offipaita.fi
Team Brood Racing
E.Y. Designs

It's good to continue from this in next year. Bagdaröök will be back. Even stronger.

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 12-16-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #90
RCC Addict

Okey, been a loooooong time since last update to this thread. 2016 has started and I have already driven three comps with this one, so let's see how they went.

We are driving super class in Finnish RC Crawling Series this year. We took an early start in May at Vantaa and drove the first comp for the supers.

Since there's only two supers in Finland we are double starting both of them. Too bad Arttu's servo broke already on the first course, so it was the only one to be driven on the first comp.

Course was tough and after all I was the only one to clear it. Felt really good to start driving supers again!

Here is the course on video. Had a perfect run till gate ten, where I took a ridiculous marker.

Here are the results. We really need to drive more than one course on the next one!

Next would be The Nordics 2016 in Sweden! Stay tuned.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:43 AM   #91
RCC Addict

Time to continue with the updates. Next it was time to go to Sweden few weeks ago to drive The Nordics 2016 in Tanum Strand.

First it was time to prepare the rig. Changed shock oil and checked that nothing isn't loose.

It was pretty fantastic super turnout with twelve drivers on the field. Same amount as in shafty class!

Weekend offered absolutely stunning weather and great company. Nothing more that you can hope for this kind of competition.

Here we have few pics from the last course.

Broke a wheel hub before this drop and ended up with DNF. That was my only DNF in the whole weekend.

These pics are from my dad's performance as he was double starting with me on super class.

All in all, I was able to brake three steering arms and one wheel hub, so it was quite a carnage this time.

Enough with the chit chat, here's video corner!

Krawler Konceptz Course - (0/-20)

Tough one for starters. First four gates without problems. Gate five was really tricky. Few drivers made it in the comp, but I just couldn't get the idea of line through it. On gate eight I struggled as well, but nobody made it in the comp so it really was tricky. Ok start for the comp.

Dlux Fab Course - (-10/-20)

This course was really fun to drive. Probably a little bit easy, but still good fun. On gate nine first of my steering arms broke and I had to take a repair. Luckily that ten points was my only "mistake" on the course.

DravTech Course - (-19/-20)

This was by far my best performance of the day. Really tricky, since only two drivers went through it. I had to do one reverse on the cliff, where I didn't want to drive down. This is how it should be done in every course.

RcBros Course - (-10/-20)

After the success in third course I had a pretty good feeling on going to fourth. Everyhting went really well till the dropdown to gate seven. Uncontrolled landing and the stupidest marker ever. I need to practise downhilling more. Especially with super. Rest of the course went well, so I ended up with -10 points.

Crawler Innovations Course - (-8/-20)

This course was definately also one of the trickiest in the whole competition. I'm really happy about my performance here. Best score with one gate and two reverses. I had too "romantic" idea of a line to gate nine, but didn't have enough time to make it happen. Oh well, still pretty happy about this one.

Holmes Hobbies Course - (+30/-20)

This course is where it all went wrong. First three gates without bigger problems. But on the fourth gate I thought I have to pass it clear, cause I knew McEide was so far ahead. I managed to get the rig in position for shoot and did it. Bounced over the gate straight on boundary and broke my rear wheel hub. Job well done. Continued and on the next gate I hit a marker and boundary, so that was full points. One of the courses, I'd like to forget really soon.

After we counted the points, it was clear second place for me. For third time in a row in The Nordics.

Steinar drove just epic the whole competition, so I can safely say that I lost to a better driver. Even if I could've done perfect score on the last one he would've been the number one. Congrats Steinar!

Oh well, it's still nice to carry these kind of trophies home from the tour!

Next update will be about Finnish RC Crawling Series #2 in Kirkkonummi, which is also past already.

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 06-30-2016 at 05:07 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:06 AM   #92
RCC Addict

So, the next and last late update is from Finnish RC Crawling Series 2016 #2 in Kirkkonummi.

Unfortunately there is no pictures due to the schedule of the competition. It really takes effort to manage three classes per day in there. My first course was ok, hit the last marker and took one reverse trying to find a line throught gate ten. Unfortunately couldn't find it.

Here is video from the second course, which I think was the best in the comp. Superish! Perfect score from here and the last course made my day!

Second victory in Finnish Series! It's good to continue training from here.

Here are the results. This time we were able to drive three courses!

Next competition will be in mid august at Naantali. It will be epic comp for sure, cause it offeres the best terrain for supers in Finland!
Old 08-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #93
DravTech

Here is videos from course 2 and 3 of the Finnish RC Crawling Series 2016 #4

I got myself a new camera to be able to take better videos, but I need to learn how to handle it better...

Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:52 AM   #94
Rock Stacker

An incredible rig sir, and some fine driving skills as well! Well done.

May I ask what you are using for spring perches on with the big bore/losi spring combo? Thanks.
j.krug is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial XR-10 a.k.a Bagdaröök - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM