Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New to Bully, Super Comp/Basher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New to Bully, Super Comp/Basher

Ok so im new to the bully realm but not new to rc or crawling, started back into rc using the cheap stuff I.E. Redcat, super fun to get started with but after tones of money and work I realized I was hooked again into the sport, so here it goes, I just recently set up a FS GT3C using the overkill rc kit, to a 4ch set up 1 and 4 are steering and 4ws so I have steering trim buttons set up to do front only or rear only and ch3 button to do crab or 4ws, I have ch 2 and 3 set up on the esc'c so on the d/r switch I can do 20% increments for front or rear dig etc. I have bought lots of super stuff on here on the for sale forum trying to piece together what I wanted to make which was a fully capable comp/basher crawler, that wasn't a store bought or rtr, its the combination of what worked for other and what I wanted to build so by no means do I take full credit, yjdavid hooked me up big time his work on the awesome chassis most of the links, front axle weights and body set up, and the super front servo, ratrod63 worked with me threw and threw I ended up using his light weight axles and 40 series roc lox tires and went with the novak 55t motors one need some work, and his servo for the rear steering and last but not least greedy genius hooked me up with the super crawler redcat stuff i.e. shocks wheels, etc. So here's what I have come up with so far. Its got the super awesome HS 7980TH up front and the HSR 5990TG in the rear for steering 2 outcry dual esc's for the power one out cry bec and one esc for power so far a 6ch fly sky receiver, and I run it on 1300 mah 3s lipo either single or dual just depends on the level of bashing I wanta do, there is tonnes I want to do yet but its pretty cool so far IMO.

Please comment there's tonnes of room for improvement I know just takes time to get there steering mods will probably be next, links mounts etc, everything else works pretty good, mite also go to 4s lipo not sure though?

Ok so some recent mods to this are the tires are now cut for better traction it was kinda hard to do since these tires are pricey but it was ultimately what I wanted to do both the look and function improved. BTW these are red cat super crawler wheels cut and shut, took about a half inch out of them, and star cut the foam of the stock rok lox, way better traction, currently working on steping up the suspension better and then I want to redo the steering links and servo mounts.

So after some thought and some debate this build needs to go here it is a super after all?
Attached Images

Last edited by bbolden516; 02-25-2015 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Add pics
bbolden516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2015, 09:36 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New to Bully, Super Comp/Basher

I love the way the tread on the tires turned out. Great mod!
Little Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:59 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks I really haven't seen the rok lox modded so this was what I ended up with after watching full sized or 1 to 1 rock bouncers cut their tires.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:10 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

This rig is currently for sale pm me if interested, thought I would post here before putting it on the for sale forum/ebay.

New to Bully, Super Comp/Basher - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Bully Light Weight Comp Axles? Mikeney Superclass Crawlers 14 03-20-2010 01:55 AM