Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Itching to build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Itching to build

I have been in and out of RC my whole live. I have been itching to build a super for a long time. Now as i revisit the builds I am just jealous and mad I didn't do this a long time ago. Thanks to all the great builds here on the site and most recently the thread by DRAVPNIR "wanting to build something big". I know its time I get going on something of my own.

Building an axle like his will take the following items from the best I can tell (x2) I still haven't found the small gears for the diff.

$80.00 Delrin Berg Case | RcBros Hobbies
$150.00 Delrin tubes SKU 00055 DLUX FAB | products
$14.00 RcBros Berg Lightweight Locker | RcBros Hobbies
$135.00 Axle shafts SKU 00124 DLUX FAB | products (Wraith)
$15.00 Servo mount SKU 00023 DLUX FAB | products
$45.00 Axial Wraith / XR10 C-hubs Black - Vanquish Products
$32.00 Axial Wraith Steering Knuckles Red - Vanquish Products
?????? RC Accessories - Titanium Links - Vanquish Products
$10.00 Bearings DLUX FAB | products
$22.00 Upper link mount for case SKU 00021 DLUX FAB | products
$70.00 Gears Berg | Product Categories | RcBros Hobbies or equivalent

Or do I just buy the super bully's
$149.99 Super Bully Light Weight Axle with 65:1 Gearbox

Keep in mind I don't build trailer queens. I like nice builds, I like to maintain and upgrade, but run gear to its limits.

I really like the super sudo frame. If anyone has info on this I would appreciate it.
Little Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Itching to build

Gears are tricky.. Classicutcustoms sells whole gear sets in the Rc4wd flavor..
Unless you get lucky to find someone with the small gears, you have to buy a whole set from classicutcustoms.
Then you can remove the 3 big gears from the Rc4wd set and add the 3 from Rcbros..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:36 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I saw this build with parts from classicutcustoms ClassiCutCustoms berg in a box
Does Barry Have a website?
Old 02-28-2015, 01:49 AM   #4
DravTech

This is CCC's (Barry's) website - ClassiCutCustoms......home of custom Radio Control Crawlers
Although, I think Barry got more to offer than what is shown on his website, so better to just PM him I guess.

Dlux can get you any Enroute Berg parts, so he can get you the small original Berg gears.

For the axle tubes I have heard rumors that RCBros once made a few super sets of his 7075 axle tubes. Perhaps he got a set left or can make more?

Other options for the gear cases is the CCC front Bulldog case and the Dlux replacement front case. I know you can buy the cases separately from Dlux and I guess Barry could sell you 2 front gear cases too?

Once I saw a picture (I cannot find it anymore I am afraid) of a pair of Super axles Dlux made for a customer using the MT gear cases and his other super parts. If Dlux still offers that, it wold also be a good and cost effective alternative.

The Super SuDu chassis is made by myself but is not offered to the public yet. I have prototypes being tested and are waiting on feedback on it's performance before I can make the needed adjustments and feel comfortable enough to start to offer them.
Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:09 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Sounds like your getting a lot of good help here. If you need any other help drop me a PM. It looks like your in Phoenix AZ? If so we might live fairly close by. There is also a fairly good super presence down here in AZ.
Diamond D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Rhody View Post
I saw this build with parts from classicutcustoms ClassiCutCustoms berg in a box
Does Barry Have a website?
It is best to PM Barry/CCC.. The website only has so much..
Barry is easy to chat with and get a good deal wrapped up.
I'm just waiting on a couple things and I'll be adding a CCC supah to my CCC lineup of 2.2p, 2.2s, and mini..
Check my threads, there are video's in action..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond D View Post
Sounds like your getting a lot of good help here. If you need any other help drop me a PM. It looks like your in Phoenix AZ? If so we might live fairly close by. There is also a fairly good super presence down here in AZ.
Thanks for all the info guys. And yes I am in AZ. PHX, 17st & Northern. (sorta)
Glad to here the super class is still big here in AZ.

I did see aluminum tubes on RCbros site. But read somewhere on D-lux site they wont work with D-lux parts and vise versa. Also posted on Rcbros site.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

So now that the Yeti XL has hit the street, the strippers are parting them out, the aftermarket is releasing parts etc. I am looking at using a set front axles and modifying the inboard side for a straight locker, Hot racing Yeti XL hubs, big bearings, and building my own C-hubs and tubes. Anyone else looking at this as an option?

Last edited by Little Rhody; 02-28-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:16 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Rhody View Post
I did see aluminum tubes on RCbros site. But read somewhere on D-lux site they wont work with D-lux parts and vise versa. Also posted on Rcbros site.
That is only the case with Dlux superlite axles.

With Dlux replacement cases the rcbro tube will mount up just fine.

Other than that i can't think of anything else that wouldn't work.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:43 PM   #10
DravTech

The RCBros rear axle tubes also do not work with Dlux rear aluminum axle shafts, but as you use 4WS with a super this should not be any problem.
Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:34 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

AS this is my first MOA build, this is probably a newbe question. Why is there a difference in housings from front to rear. They are completely different in there layout. Is there any reason. Cant I run two fronts or two rears. There doesn't seem to be any bevel gear to be concerned with torque deflection of the gear set, all the gears are straight cut.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #12
RCC Addict

No drive typical drive shaft so you don't have to change the direction of the spinning gears.

For dlux and Ccc cases the front and rear have a different gear layout to compact the rear to tuck the motor up and closer to the axle. And the front is stretched out so you can fit the servo between the motor and the axle tube. On a super with 4 wheel steer you'll want two front cases so you have room to put your servo
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
No drive typical drive shaft so you don't have to change the direction of the spinning gears.

For dlux and Ccc cases the front and rear have a different gear layout to compact the rear to tuck the motor up and closer to the axle. And the front is stretched out so you can fit the servo between the motor and the axle tube. On a super with 4 wheel steer you'll want two front cases so you have room to put your servo
This makes sense. Two front cases it is. Thanks Curcal.

Last edited by Little Rhody; 03-01-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Itching to build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Itching for upright shock and steering mod gillbily23 Vaterra Twin Hammers 20 02-26-2015 04:17 AM
Itching for a New ESC alexchen86 Electronics 9 05-11-2012 02:28 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
Itching to do some more crawling SLPatt South Carolina 58 11-08-2011 08:53 AM