Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Project Large FOFF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2015, 05:34 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Project Large FOFF

I've got a muggy sitting around with a 1717 and an XL-2 and I'm forever considering selling it, but I've beaten the crap out of it so I know I'll never get even close to what I have into it back.

So I've been trying to come up with something to do with it, and I think FOFF sounds about right. First I figured I could make a Yeti XL-similar set up, but why stop at rear axles only...when it's more fun to have both front and rear? I guess that's why I'm posting, I searched far and wide online and can't find anyone doing a center motor with front and rear axles that are 1/8 or bigger.

Yeti XL axles front and rear, custom knuckles to steer out front....is it even possible? Seems to me it will be a lot of work, but it's winter so time is my friend.

Obviously all I will salvage from the truck as it currently sits is the electronics and the suspension, maybe even the center shafts...the rest I'll scrap I guess.

Ideas before I start slicing away at it?
Creepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Project Large FOFF

Scratch that....found a build to follow. Look like the chassis was never mass produced, but the super shafty Hammah looks like it would have been the ticket. And of course, kyosho axles and knuckles. although I'm tempted to still use the yeti axles for additional width.
Creepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote

Project Large FOFF - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOFF project JonU Formula Offroad 7 06-01-2011 05:47 AM
Boat guys... large scale outboard project questions jetboat Non Crawler RC's 6 09-18-2009 03:37 PM