Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Super Class Tire Mods and Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #1

Default Super Class Tire Mods and Tutorials

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at the really cool wheels that are out there for the supers, but I haven't found any good tutorials on how to modify tires for those wheels.

For example, how do I modify tires (and what size of tire) to fit 6 inch wheels?

Are there various techniques?

Thanks!
dleigh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Super Class Tire Mods and Tutorials

I have been doing my own cut-n-shut tires for years. Self Taught (I'm NO LONGER DOING TIRES FOR OTHER'S )

Name:  IMG_0227.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  69.0 KB

Most guys like myself are self taught or had a friend show them. I have not seen any videos or or other instructional aids on making Super Tires . But I could be wrong

To build a set of Super class tires it usually takes 1 and a 1/2 to 1/3, 2.2 tires to make 1ea 7 3/4 or 8 inch super tire

It's not hard once u get over the initial fear. Just get some old useless tires a pair of quality poly carb. body scissors and some super glue and get after it. Just practice till Ur confidence .

Use the glue VERY sparingly

Over the years there have been guys that do it for $ for a short while but usually get bored with doing it for others , Its very time consuming and frustrating and not very profitable.

It's not hard once u get over the initial fear. Just get some old useless tires a pair of quality scissors and some super glue and get after it.

If U can't work up the courage to try it Ur self the only Guy I know of that is still cutting tires is Cory Stephenson Buckley at Purpmart on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/purpmart/

Contact him he will make U just about any thing U wish if he is still in the buz-nes
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

start with old used tires like tom said. I like to use regular scissors if im cutting up a bigger tire like e buggy tires or taller. but if im cutting up something smaller ill use straight poly carb scissors. you want to get the straightest cuts you can to prevent the tires from being un even. I usually only glue 1 inch at the most at one time. I like to hold the two pieces im gluing together for at least a minute and wait 5 minutes till I glue the next section.

once you glue one section, cut up another set while your waiting. I love cutting up tires and gluing up my own. its not hard. just very very time consuming.

the glue I use is Ultra-Cure | RC Tire Glue | CA Adhesive
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #4

Just jump in! Its not as hard as you think! I think tires are cheap enough where you can try and fail. Even if you fail ods are you can still fix it or use it again.

Its fun once you get used to it
jonaktins is offline   Reply With Quote

Super Class Tire Mods and Tutorials - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USRCCA Class 1 - Super Class - Cut N Shut Tire Catalog Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 32 01-29-2023 05:10 AM
super class tire ? alabamaman Tires and Wheels 17 06-17-2009 05:03 AM
Super Class Tire Foams bbyrd22 Tamiya Clod Buster 14 09-23-2008 03:34 PM
super class tire question!! Wicked_Jester Tires and Wheels 4 06-25-2007 11:22 AM