Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: hot racing moa for ax-10 axles and steering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2020, 04:21 AM   #1

Default hot racing moa for ax-10 axles and steering

i am new to rc so far I've gone down the rabbit hole and modified absolutely everything on a redcat gen 7 ending up with a capable 4300 kv rock racer

second rig was a bully II rtr- got tired of waITING FOR AN AVAILABLE KIT. the bully works so good out of the box ive been able to resist modifying it till I am absolutely sure it is a worthwhile mod- seems like there are alot of posts that describe mods with zero run time on them that do not appear very well thought out. I did do one upgrade that is pretty hilarious though and probably a one off.
I added a twelve blade 4600 kv edf on ch3 mounted to the front of the chassis for an "esc cooling fAN" . Is it an unfair advantage that it adds two lbs of downforce to the front axle? my buddies think so.

current build is based on an old ax10 chassis i have acquired . I am going to try a hobbycraft 880 dual brushed esc and a novak dig with two front steering hot racing moa axles hoping to make hr bta max steering work,.
do i needto run two bec's? one for each steering servos?

My question is regarding the axles - they come with very beefy dog bone axles to use with stock stubs - I never rAN THIS AX 10 AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE DOGBONES . I have not found any replacement cva aXLES FOR THE HR MOA. wILL THE DOGBONES WORK OK OR SHOULD I CONTINUE TO SEARCH FOR CVA AXLES THAT WILL REPLACE OR Can be adapted. Do the dogbones create a breakpoint in a steering setup that is intended to provide maximum steering angle.?

build is going slow figuring out the shocks, and links - modifying for 40/60 droop and lowest possible cg has been the first hurdle I have been working with some nice ALUMINUM LINKS but they sre in the threelink copnfiguration so i may need to to convert to four link and some high clearance bent lowers maybe for an xr10. parts are hard to find specifically for an ax10 that really isnt an ax10.

Any suggestions or general knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks
jeb simpson
MOAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: hot racing moa for ax-10 axles and steering

I have seen a video where someone use and EDF for downforce as well, definitely a cheat code lol

As for the ESC I would highly recommond getting 2 ESC's and using mixing for dig rather than a "dig switch". this would provide much more tune-ability.
HH dual BR mini is a popular choice.

One BEC is fine for 2 servos. If you're worried it wont be enough you could get a 15a or 20a BEC instead of a 10a, though I would think a 10a would be fine. I have a 20lb 8x8 running two Savox 2290's (power hungry servos) using just one 15A BEC. You'll probably want your BEC to have 2 outputs like the CC 2.0 BEC's have (theres a normal and a waterproof version of this one).

Sorry I'm not familiar with the AX10 axles, I can say the Dlux Fab has some upgraded version though:
https://dluxfab.com/?ownerid=663174#...egory=12405706

Read through the description closely, these aren't a drop in replacement but these should be the strongest option out there. Oh and if you also cant stand the text on his page like me just highlight the text with your cursor, I find this much easier to read lol.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-24-2020 at 11:08 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

hot racing moa for ax-10 axles and steering - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot racing moa steering/axle shafts moyoman202 General Crawlers 1 07-24-2017 10:06 AM
Hot racing moa axles Will Murray Chit Chat 7 03-26-2017 11:52 AM