Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya Bruiser

Notices

Thread: Where to start

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #1

Default Where to start

So a few years back I was given this bruiser chassis because I love Toyotas. I was told this should belong to me and that was that. We'll it's sat on the back burner for awhile while I finished my real crawler. So here I am today, I've decided it's time to start working on it. Took apart the great box and it all seems fine. It's missing one plastic piece that keeps the front knuckle on the axle and I have no controller. So my new friends I ask where do I start. I'm not even sure this is the right build for me or if should just sell or trade it for something else. I kinda want a crawler, something I can modify but really like the idea of this truck. First things first is what to do about a controller. Here's some pics and one of my big toy. I kinda want to build a mini version of the big truck.

TUNE_UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Where to start

From experience and countless hours off building bruisers I would restore it and not mod it. If you want to make a scaler to your liking get a tf2 or scx10 because they are more durable and tons of parts. If you want to mod the bruiser anyway then go for it. In my opinion they look great as a scaler. The biggest issue is the axles. I have an wonderful set of modded axles to fit 12 mm hex that you can look at for inspiration.
redjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:17 AM   #3

Ya I think I've decided to keep it stock with the exception on bumpers and sliders and things like that. I'll definitely check out your molded axles. For now I got some stuff on ebay last night. Scored a Futaba a 4 channel set up with servos brand new from 1986 for $45 shipped, got some new tires and some body parts. Can't wait to get it moving!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #4

Cleaned up the chassis and it's coming together nicely.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #5

We'll last night I found my rear axle shaft was broken. The axle nut at the end of the passenger side was just kinda glued on. When I went title it off it just came right off and the threaded part is not even in the nut. So this axle broke a while again. Kinda sucks and I don't want to spend a big chunk of money on a used one so I think I have an idea on how to fix it. I'll post pics if it works out later.

Where to start - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do I start!?!?! Tinbum Newbie General 8 07-20-2014 10:08 AM
were to start bake69 Newbie General 8 04-17-2011 11:45 AM
where to start? da94broncodude Axial AX-10 Scorpion 23 09-18-2008 12:53 PM
so where do i start??? Jpguy Newbie General 5 09-15-2008 09:18 PM
Its a start justadork Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 1 09-18-2006 12:39 PM