Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya Bruiser

Notices

Thread: Purchasing a Re Released Bruiser and have questions regarding Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2015, 04:07 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Purchasing a Re Released Bruiser and have questions regarding Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfm3 View Post
So I am looking at new wheels for my bruiser. RC4wd TrueScale Series bruiser beadlocks.

$130 for a set of 4 with hub adapters

Truescale Series Bruiser Beadlock Wheels

Has any one ran as set of these? Whats your thoughts?

John Moore
I have 3 sets of them.. I really like the looks of them. They are heavy, and the matching width makes the bruiser look a lot better. An with the bearing built into the rim does away with the stock hubs..
rocpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Purchasing a Re Released Bruiser and have questions regarding Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocpede View Post
I have 3 sets of them.. I really like the looks of them. They are heavy, and the matching width makes the bruiser look a lot better. An with the bearing built into the rim does away with the stock hubs..
Thanks.
What did you get for tires? I am kind of thinking of keeping the original tires mounted on the original wheels and saving them. I have heard that Tamiya had some Mud Terrain tires for the bruiser and mountaineer which I may go on the hunt for to install on these wheels.

Any gotcha's I need to worry about? Is the steering system able to push around the heavier wheels? Did you have to step up the steering servo or change out the servo saver?

Thanks for you input. I am really excited to see them.
johnfm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:11 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks.
What did you get for tires? I am kind of thinking of keeping the original tires mounted on the original wheels and saving them. I have heard that Tamiya had some Mud Terrain tires for the bruiser and mountaineer which I may go on the hunt for to install on these wheels.

Any gotcha's I need to worry about? Is the steering system able to push around the heavier wheels? Did you have to step up the steering servo or change out the servo saver?

Thanks for you input. I am really excited to see them.

I'm using Pro-Line Mashers on one truck and Imex G-Dawgs on my other bruiser.

I ditched the stock steering setup for a mount on the front of the frame. I got the mounts off eBay and I'm using an old Hitec 645 servo. I don't run a servo saver, It's ok and I'll be upgrading it one day.

Sent from my 2500HD
Old 11-19-2015, 11:17 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocpede View Post
I'm using Pro-Line Mashers on one truck and Imex G-Dawgs on my other bruiser.

I ditched the stock steering setup for a mount on the front of the frame. I got the mounts off eBay and I'm using an old Hitec 645 servo. I don't run a servo saver, It's ok and I'll be upgrading it one day.

Sent from my 2500HD
I would be stoked to see some pictures of your setup if you could at some point.

Thanks for the insight.
John
Old 11-19-2015, 11:58 AM   #25
RCC Addict

I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend... But here are some pictures of the same setup I'm using on the steering..

Sent from my 2500HD
Old 11-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

As much as I would like to find the vintage first gen Vice Crawlers, it appears that my option to keep this rig Tamiya is the Gen 2 Vice Crawlers.

Tamiya America Item #54115 | RC Vise Crawler Tires - Soft 2pcs

John
Old 11-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Ok, So to those who have installed aftermarket wheels on the bruiser, what do you do about installing bearings? The stock wheels use a plastic bushing between the wheel and bearing. I really dont want to tear down the stock wheels to make it easy to re install them.

ideas?

Are there over sized bearings I can use? I am currently trying to locate the stock parts.

John
Old 12-15-2015, 07:21 AM   #28

Quote:
As much as I would like to find the vintage first gen Vice Crawlers, it appears that my option to keep this rig Tamiya is the Gen 2 Vice Crawlers.

Tamiya America Item #54115 | RC Vise Crawler Tires - Soft 2pcs

John
Those tires are horrible if you want to do any kind of crawling. They're very hard.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Purchasing a Re Released Bruiser and have questions regarding Electronics - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serious Bruiser Questions. danielk General Scale Talk 9 04-14-2007 08:49 PM
Newbie needs answers about purchasing electronics, and stuff. RYY Newbie General 2 09-28-2006 09:02 PM
bruiser questions?? kmoore Newbie General 5 09-07-2006 08:10 AM
bruiser questions??? 4stAir General Scale Talk 1 07-09-2006 07:51 PM
Bruiser Questions?? xtraflyr General Crawlers 12 08-26-2005 10:30 PM