Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya Bruiser

Notices

Thread: Just ordered my Bruiser!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Just ordered my Bruiser!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw8850 View Post
The gearhead wheels come without hubs, just so happened that I had the wider offset on rear of my scx10 and narrower on front, so I put them on the Bruiser front on rear and rear on front to test them and they worked perfectly. The ssd come with hubs but they are all the same offset, and take a weird 2.5mm bolt...so I went with vanquish hubs on the ssd since they fit the bolt pattern and center hole and accept 4-40 hardware so I can run scale acorn lug nut hardware.
I'm still confused. With the gearhead wheels, were you able to use the stock Bruiser wheel hubs or did you require an adapter?

Also, I had ordered Proline Flat Iron XLs which fit the RC4WD bruiser wheels I have now, but the tires were too tall to fit without raising the body.

Would The regular Flat Irons still fit my wheels, because they are pretty wide. I'm just looking for something with a better and more scale tread pattern than the monster truck tires that came with the bruiser.

In the photo, you can see how much taller the XLs are which would require a body lift to work.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
amstel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2018, 11:15 AM   #42
Rock Stacker

I used RC4WD hex conversion with rear axles, front stub axles, and 12mm hexes. Not sure of those would fit the stock wheels or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jaw8850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #43
Rock Stacker

Got some new Prolines for the Bruiser and the RC4WD beadlocks. They're a tad shorter than the stock tires but are much grippier even with the foam inserts. The old stock tires I had to remove the foams but the rubber was still too hard to provide any decent grip.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
amstel78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Just ordered my Bruiser!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kit Ordered, Parts Ordered, Suggestions??? OkinawaCrawler Tamiya XC/CC01 6 02-21-2014 09:52 AM
TF2 vs Tamiya Bruiser vs RC4wd Bruiser blazerk5 General Crawlers 1 07-13-2012 11:49 PM
tribute to the legendary bruiser/mountaineer RC4WD bruiser el barto 2.2 Scale Rigs 12 11-04-2008 08:12 AM