Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya Bruiser

Notices

Thread: Tamiya Mountaineer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #1

Default Tamiya Mountaineer

Hey Folks,
Its been a while, and i want ed to share the fact that i broke down and bought a Tamiya Mountaineer. I have bought a few extras for it and can't wait to start the build with my grandson.
I will try to keep the build up to date on the sight. I do have a couple of questions before everything gets here. Is there a place i can update the trans to all metal and where can i find the front steering servo mod? thanks in advance. I have almost 2k in the start of it but it was my childhood dream for the detail on this. so i thought my grandson might enjoy seeing how it all comes together.
Seon 97
Seon97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #2

Default Re: Tamiya Mountaineer

Ok things are starting to arrive HELL yeh. I want to install lights. I was looking at the tamiya tlu-01. I want 2 3mm white ,2 3mm red ,2 3mm orange and 5 3mm white, along with what comes with kit. how can i wire it and do i need anything else? i am going to try the spektrum dx5c. Any help i would love. Thanks
Monty.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seon97 View Post
Hey Folks,
Its been a while, and i want ed to share the fact that i broke down and bought a Tamiya Mountaineer. I have bought a few extras for it and can't wait to start the build with my grandson.
I will try to keep the build up to date on the sight. I do have a couple of questions before everything gets here. Is there a place i can update the trans to all metal and where can i find the front steering servo mod? thanks in advance. I have almost 2k in the start of it but it was my childhood dream for the detail on this. so i thought my grandson might enjoy seeing how it all comes together.
Seon 97
the procedure of fixing leaf springs to axles is very tricky. you need to align not only orientation but also position correctly and it is not easy to measure precisely.
pourMoneyIntoSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #4

I appreciate the info. On a second note has anyone ever installed a lift on these vehicles. I am thinking of raising this one a quarter of an inch .
Old 02-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

i used tamiya juggernaut leafs on one i had years ago.nice looking lift with those springs.
thead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tamiya Mountaineer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW MOUNTAINEER BODY by TAMIYA!!!!!!! obsession4x4 General Scale Talk 54 08-27-2007 05:36 PM
Tamiya Mountaineer dillon Chit Chat 1 08-15-2007 12:52 AM