Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya Bruiser

Notices

Thread: some thoughts about bruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #1

Default some thoughts about bruiser

(1)

step 10 on page 8 suggests mounting the front axle with 5 degree inclination. i don't understand the reason behind this. doing so would make the two universal joints between gearbox and front axle bending with different angles which causes non-constant angular velocity in front wheels.

i mounted the front axle with 0 degree inclination. it not only eliminates vibration of front drive shaft but also introduces 5 degree caster to the front wheels.

(2)

i found the radius arm at step 11 on page 9 not so useful so i didn't install it.

(3)

the truck has bump steer problem due to its suspension structure. it is not so easy to define "neutrality" of steering for this truck. if the front wheels are heading front at stationary they will turn slightly left during acceleration as the front portion rises.

pourMoneyIntoSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2018, 02:38 PM   #2

Default Re: some thoughts about bruiser

Yup..... isn’t it great?
Ilovecrawling12 is offline   Reply With Quote

some thoughts about bruiser - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TF2 vs Tamiya Bruiser vs RC4wd Bruiser blazerk5 General Crawlers 1 07-13-2012 11:49 PM
anyone on here owns an og bruiser/hilux and a re-release bruiser? cartronicshn Chit Chat 1 05-07-2012 03:31 PM
tribute to the legendary bruiser/mountaineer RC4WD bruiser el barto 2.2 Scale Rigs 12 11-04-2008 08:12 AM