Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: 1st Crawler PICS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 1st Crawler PICS

Thanks to this forum and my buddy Maviracer, I have completed this crawler. It's nothing "out of the box", just a normal stick style crawler. I am working on another chassis while I "wheel" this one. It shows me what I need to change and design a little different. I have mostly learned to use more locktight or nylon locking nuts. Here is my favorite place to crawl. It's the Falls of the Ohio in southern Indiana/Louisville. There is usually more real estate to crawl but the was was real high. You can see the mess the Ohio river leaves behind. Weather was bass ass today. Mega thanks to my 36 week pregnant wife and 3.5 year old daughter tromping around down there today taking pictures of the rig. Hope ya dig em.

- stick style chassis
- Integy 65t motors
- Alum spool/locker
- Axial B-locks
- Ebay junk 2/3 batteries x8 for motors
- Elite 2/3 x5 for electronics
- Mamba Max (nasty cool ESC)
- HPI Land Rover Defender 90 body
- Futaba 3pk on 2.4ghz
- OFNA Jammin CRT shocks with internal springs

Last edited by cruciface; 03-02-2008 at 09:40 PM.
cruciface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

nice looking clod.. how do you link the stick?
chase3194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

So far I really like it. My experience with other crawlers are limited but I really like the way it handles. I would like to build a tuber one day, I grew up in my dads shop while he was building TQ midgets and quarter/full scale sprint cars. He has a gnarly shop for this stuff. For now the stick style chassis works pretty well for me. I see that building a stick style chassis is much easier to obtain great results than a 4 link tube style chassis. The geometry on a stick is a "no brainer", well you have shock tower angles and chassis length and thats about it. On a 4 link tuber there are tons of mitigating circumstances that quickly lead to failure. That is why this forum is an incredible help. The "elders" of this hobby/forum provide a great invaluable service to us new guys. Thanks to you guys.

Last edited by cruciface; 03-03-2008 at 03:50 PM.
cruciface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Man it looks like you and the fam had a good time on sunday. Sorry I could not make it out. Lie I told you I had family stuff of my own, and I was sick as a dog. The water looks like it was really high, even higher than when it was earlier in February. Looks good, and can't wait to see the new rig yet to be unvailed!
mavicracer is offline   Reply With Quote