Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: custom tubers anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #1

Default custom tubers anyone?

imlookin to get a custom tuber goin but i dont have the slightest clue as to how to braise. so i'd really like to buy a tuber thats similar to a jeep or such. i know there is alot of talent on here so can someone help me out?
excav8rguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
Keep it real

You need to check in the vendor section, or in the forsale section, members aren't allowed to sell stuff through PM's or outside the forsale section, it's against the rules
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Bah, build it. Watch these videos and buy a torch and go. I have never built a tube frame chassis, but I have brazed all kinds of shit before! It's not hard at all. It'l save you some loot so you can buy some cool aluminum stuff or nice servos. Maviracer just built his first tuber and was new to brazing. His rig turned out hella cool. He will prolly see this and get you all hyped up about building it yourself. You could search Ebay too I guess.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...=1&sa=N&tab=wv
cruciface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Brazing is pretty straightforward. Check the tools and techniques section for more detailed information on what you'll need and the general procedure. The 2.2 tuber I'm running was only the third one I had built, and it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

(Reproduced by permission from the original builder's tuber)

Having said that, if you don't have any of the supplies on hand, you may find you end up spending almost as much getting all the supplies needed as buying a tuber straight out. If you only plan on ever having one, it might be cheaper just to find a vendor to do it for you.

I see this thread being bumped from the clod section in the near future....!
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:09 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciface View Post
Bah, build it. Watch these videos and buy a torch and go. I have never built a tube frame chassis, but I have brazed all kinds of shit before! It's not hard at all. It'l save you some loot so you can buy some cool aluminum stuff or nice servos. Maviracer just built his first tuber and was new to brazing. His rig turned out hella cool. He will prolly see this and get you all hyped up about building it yourself. You could search Ebay too I guess.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...=1&sa=N&tab=wv

Build it yourself and you will be much happier. I have been on this forum for a few years now, and for the entire first year I searched, researched and drew plans. finally, I bought a torch and some brake line and started cutting and bending. 2 weekends later it was done. now it took me a little longer to do the body, but the process was crazy fun. But hell, that is just me. If you like to work with your hands, make it yourself. even if you mess up, you will learn and make changes. isn't that what this whole hobby is about? good luck
Steve

mavicracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #6
RCC Addict

If all else fails, PM me.
BlueMonster is offline   Reply With Quote