Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Clod Chassis advice?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Clod Chassis advice?

I'm working up a new chassis for my Clod axles, it'll be made of 10mm thick cutting board, and I've modeled it out in Sketchup. The axles I modeled aren't perfect, but the critical measurements are pretty much on. Here's a couple of pics, the first a side shot of the TVP piece, second perspective (I'll make the braces the same way I make links, 4mm allthread covered if needed with aluminum tubing), and a third with about a 20 inch wheelbase (using 6 inch Savage shocks). With the shock mounting points I've put in, I've got the wheelbase adjustable from 18 inch to 20 inch with Savage shocks, or 12 inch to 14 inch with 4 inch Traxxas shocks.

There are some goofy axle support/link mount/shock mount things on the axles, I've already made and used those in the rig's current incarnation, the reason I went with those rather than the shocks mounting to the lower links is because I live out here in metric-land and I can't find anything to firmly attach shock bottoms to a 6mm outside diameter aluminum tube. I tried cable clamps, but the only ones available locally are very flimsy plastic, more cable guides than anything else, and they DON'T hold up at all. First incarnation of the rig was able to get 180 degrees (yep, all the way over!) of flex once the clamps slid around on the links.

Anyway, any suggestions or comments before I start cutting would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

-val
LAV25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links