Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: More Issues ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Question More Issues ...

The Moped arrived today and during testing I encountered these few problems ...

problem #1 the servos were working fine only for less than one minute until the power to them would die down slowly ...these are
Super Torque BlueBird BMS 630MG's and I know what you will think ! "BlueBirds
suck so it must be the servos" but they are working, I guess its not enough power for them being drawn out of the battery by the ESC ... I will be running RX packs soon here too hope that will fix it...

problem#2 I am running Axial 8 hole 40 series with Mashers and the Integy 17mm wheel hubs #C22710GUN the prob here is that I cant get the nuts to stay tight , they unwind themselves after a minute of crawling...I may be doing it wrong ,or am I supposed to be using thread lock?

problem#3 I am also using the Integy Axle Brace (4) and Servo Mount (2) for Clodbuster #22747 on my stock Clod axles ...these just cant be tightened properly and the whole axle brace rocks back and forth on both ...is this normal with these? or are they made for non stock axle?

overall a disappointing:-( test ...

if you could help me solve at least one of these that will be greatly appreciated! thanks heaps guys!

Last edited by TheHeadHunter; 04-05-2008 at 05:15 AM.
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2008, 05:31 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

problem #1 the servos were working fine only for less than one minute until the power to them would die down slowly ...these are
suck so it must be the servos" but they are working, I guess its not enough power for them being drawn out of the battery by the ESC ... I will be running RX packs soon here too hope that will fix it...

Blue Birds pull a lot of Juice. I had the same problem running those with a Moped. You have a few Options here. The BMS 630's? Why? Anyway if you want to keep them. Buy a CC BEC instead of a RX pack. Or sell those and get MG946R's. This is what I did for my Moped a couple of years ago. Seemed to fix the issue. I ran two TP's on one Moped issue free.

problem#2 I am running Axial 8 hole 40 series with Mashers and the Integy 17mm wheel hubs #C22710GUN the prob here is that I cant get the nuts to stay tight , they unwind themselves after a minute of crawling...I may be doing it wrong ,or am I supposed to be using thread lock?

Find some Lock Nuts with the Nylon insert. Make sure the thread get into the nylon. Or use Thread Lock. Even a Dab of CA will do the trick.

problem#3 I am also using the Integy Axle Brace (4) and Servo Mount (2) for Clodbuster #22747 on my stock Clod axles ...these just cant be tightened properly and the whole axle brace rocks back and forth on both ...is this normal with these? or are they made for non stock axle?

You need to make a bracket that comes off the Integy axle braces down to the Axle Tube and zip tie it on. A 1/2in wide strip of Alumn would do the trick. Drill a couple of holes to mount it to the Integy braces. Then drill one hole near the bottom. Run a Zip tie through the bottom hole and tighten it all down. This should cure that to almost zero twist.

if you could help me solve at least one of these that will be greatly appreciated! thanks heaps guys.

Last edited by run2jeepn; 04-05-2008 at 05:34 AM.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post

Blue Birds pull a lot of Juice. I had the same problem running those with a Moped. You have a few Options here. The BMS 630's? Why? Anyway if you want to keep them. Buy a CC BEC instead of a RX pack. Or sell those and get MG946R's. This is what I did for my Moped a couple of years ago. Seemed to fix the issue. I ran two TP's on one Moped issue free.

Find some Lock Nuts with the Nylon insert. Make sure the thread get into the nylon. Or use Thread Lock. Even a Dab of CA will do the trick.

You need to make a bracket that comes off the Integy axle braces down to the Axle Tube and zip tie it on. A 1/2in wide strip of Alumn would do the trick. Drill a couple of holes to mount it to the Integy braces. Then drill one hole near the bottom. Run a Zip tie through the bottom hole and tighten it all down. This should cure that to almost zero twist.

if you could help me solve at least one of these that will be greatly appreciated! thanks heaps guys.
You are D man!!!!!!!thanks a trillion!I am still trying to get the Servo aluminum thing though I maybe able to find pictures on that???
as for the servos I will sell them but run the RX packs on both first ...
Old 04-05-2008, 07:09 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Default fd

although this bit dont make sense because the bolts are the inside out type.... and they dont use any nuts...
Old 04-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Go to your local ace hardware, tell them you want nylock bolts in the size you need. They have a small piece of nylon in the threaded end of the bolt and keeps it from loosening up. Or just a dab of blue loctite.
Rocksmith Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
RCC Addict

This should cure that to almost zero twist

is the twist there very bad?