Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: RC4WD axels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default RC4WD axels

:-(I just put these in my super class clod,kept breaking stock axels,right around the cross shaft on the dog bone,or the cross shaft just falls out.In the first 10 minutes of driving in my living room a cross shaft fell out.what the hell?these new RC4WD axels have nice splines,but they still fall out,i have never had this happen on my savages,or my hyper 8 buggy,why cant someone make a good set of axels for supper class clods?and the RC4WD axels are not any bigger or beffier.Guess i'll try to epoxy them in.
budcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by budcrawler View Post
:-(I just put these in my super class clod,kept breaking stock axels,right around the cross shaft on the dog bone,or the cross shaft just falls out.In the first 10 minutes of driving in my living room a cross shaft fell out.what the hell?these new RC4WD axels have nice splines,but they still fall out,i have never had this happen on my savages,or my hyper 8 buggy,why cant someone make a good set of axels for supper class clods?and the RC4WD axels are not any bigger or beffier.Guess i'll try to epoxy them in.
Your probably breaking the area around the cross shaft becasue the pin's coming out while your driving.

I'm guessing your using Raptor axle's. If there the new version(Raptor 2's) like you say the pin's actually thread in rather than the older spline'd version's(Upgrade from XVD's). When you upgrade to the newest Raptor 2's you can use locktight before you thread the pin in and you shouldn't have any problem's.
H3RESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I had the same problem with my raptor2 axles (they come with the XVD's) when I went to the new dogbone design and haven't broke one yet. and I've bind tested them with a 3-cell lipo
Speedyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

no,they are integy copy of clodbuster,aluminum,locked
Old 04-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I personally don't like integy. They seem to only copy other companies (and they do a poor job too)
and thats in all rc stuff not just Crawlers
Speedyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:46 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedyboy View Post
I personally don't like integy. They seem to only copy other companies (and they do a poor job too)
and thats in all rc stuff not just Crawlers
YUP,and they have the crapiest aluminum in the world,looks like copper in some of the gear case housing of my clod!seriosly
Old 04-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Ahh, Your running just RC4WD inner axle shaft's w/ stub's.
H3RESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

yes,didnt want cvd's cause i ordered portal axels
Old 04-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

now i think that was a bad idea too,my buddy already broke his on his toyota/hilift truck,and it was just in the house driving around.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

RC4WD has contacted me after i e-mailed them,they just requested pictures of the bent and loose cross shaft pin,hope they can help me,i can push one cross shaft pin out with just my fingers,just sucks having to pull axels off my truck then splitt cases,thats why i bought these to stop this,i might try to tig weld some buggy or savage dog bones to my old stock axel shafts,has any one tryed this yet??
Old 05-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Talking Rc4wd Clod Axel Shafts

WOW! RC4WD are awsome,2 days and they are already sending me 2 new sets of new axel shafts for my clod based super cane,and they are UPS air mailing them to me at no cost to me,WOW!what an exceptional company.Now that is customer srevice,and a company who REALLY does stand behind their products:-P
RC4WD are awsome,and the got awsome crawler gear too!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Good to hear! I have also had only good experiences with them and they have treated me well with my purchases.
MrBadExample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:24 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

I've destroyed everything in those axles, mashed gears, cracked bearings open, and snapped the pins off the axle. The important thing you must remember is this...RC4WD always has a solution!!
scaryfast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Very Nice,:-pi Like
Old 05-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Let me know how the portals work for you. How heavy is your rig??
scaryfast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

my truck is about 10-13lbs,and i just received my axleshafts from RC4WD,they sent 2 complete replacement sets,free of charge,how awsome is that.I already bought 2 sets of the replacement gear sets for the portal axels,i pic them up on friday,with my MAMBA MAX and cc bec,im gunna go 8 cell now