Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: 2.2 Pimp Cane Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 2.2 Torsion Chassis Build

I has lot's of parts laying arround my house, so I decided to put them all together and build a new car and then sell it on ebay... I have no use tfor this parts, but I have use for the money

The parts...

Mock up...

Both motors are on the back of the axels in order to eliminate the so called "clod stall".

Anti-rotation bracket...

Some clearence under the diffs...

A roller...

Tipical articulation pict (with use it will flex much more)...

Almost done...

A preview of the electrical parts...

Still needs to have the motors wiered and connect the ESC. Other than that, it's done.

Last edited by Octanas; 09-26-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Octanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanas View Post
Both motors are on the back of the axels in order to eliminate the so called "clod stall".
Let us know how it works.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yeah how does it work? never heard of reversing the axle before

Uuhm you know that's not a Pimp cane, do you?

Good fab work nevertheless
crawl rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

The "Clod Stall" is a slight delay in rotation of the rear wheels regarding the front wheels, right?
This happens when you just accelerate a very little amout... just a very small amount of throtle.

To eliminate this "stall" both motors must spin in the same direction. If you mount the axels in the way they should be (both motor inside the axels) the front motor will spin (let's say) clockwise and the rear one will spin anti-clockwise if you just connect them in pararell.

To make the car go foward, then you need to reverse the polarity in the rear motor.

On the other hand, all motors have some timming even in the motors with fixed timming.

Advancing the motor only happens when the current is flowing in one direction. If you change the polarity of the motor we get the oposite effect.

So, when you invert the polarity of the rear motor, you will end up with 1 advanced motor and 1 retarded motor and we get the "stall".

So, "fliping" the rear axel will make the current flow in the rear motor in the same direction as it happens in the front one and you end up with 2 advanced (or retarded) motors.
Octanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Non of that will do anything for Clod Stall. Just run a 45t to a 65t Motor on a 3 cell Lipo with 8t-10t Pinions. On a 2.2.. with that set up. The stall won't be noticable.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
Holmes Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanas View Post
The "Clod Stall" is a slight delay in rotation of the rear wheels regarding the front wheels, right?
This happens when you just accelerate a very little amout... just a very small amount of throtle.

To eliminate this "stall" both motors must spin in the same direction. If you mount the axels in the way they should be (both motor inside the axels) the front motor will spin (let's say) clockwise and the rear one will spin anti-clockwise if you just connect them in pararell.

To make the car go foward, then you need to reverse the polarity in the rear motor.

On the other hand, all motors have some timming even in the motors with fixed timming.

Advancing the motor only happens when the current is flowing in one direction. If you change the polarity of the motor we get the oposite effect.

So, when you invert the polarity of the rear motor, you will end up with 1 advanced motor and 1 retarded motor and we get the "stall".

So, "fliping" the rear axel will make the current flow in the rear motor in the same direction as it happens in the front one and you end up with 2 advanced (or retarded) motors.

Man,Where you been.We have been looking for this fix for years.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
Man,Where you been.We have been looking for this fix for years.

hahaha

i thought you fliped the rear axle to give it the same approach angle as the front...guess i was wrong....
sandblaster87 is offline   Reply With Quote