Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX5e.... Anybody thought of one for their Clod?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #1

Default Spektrum DX5e.... Anybody thought of one for their Clod?

This looks like it could be a great budget radio. From what I've you can disable the mixing options so it SHOULD work. I might get one when I start my super build. 2 ESC's and independent steering sound nice, but what to do with the 5th channel? Give me some opinions guys. Is there a cheaper and better choice?

http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...ProdID=SPM5500

Just found out, no EPA. It does have Hi/LO rate on Aileron/Rudder/Elevator to switch between 100% and 70% travel. I guess I could just adjust servo arm to get the travel I want.

Last edited by chronicspd; 10-01-2008 at 09:42 AM.
chronicspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

get the dx6 its cheaper and alot more support from this forum. ive seen alot of them last weekend at my LHS for sale from 40-80 bucks, it was a hobby swapmeet ofcourse but im sure you can get it like that in alot of places. I got my DX7 last week too and it was a VERY VERY SWEET DEAL
bullet1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #3

I don't have many hobby shops around me, and the ones that are here are expensive. It's usually cheaper to get stuff online even with shipping.:-(
chronicspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

well, let me know, i can prolly get u a dx6 for 70 bucks, i was just talking to my guy at the hobby shop and he said they were selling the display model. call me if your interested, ill pick it up later 7023014877
bullet1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Robot Marketplace is a good on-line source for RX/TX gear and servos.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...gear_main.html

Their prices are ok and they ship fast.

I just picked up a Futaba 7CAP for $230. It's primarily to run my Heng Long M41A3 Bulldog tank, but I've got I think memory for 20 different models so it will also be used for my Super Hustler project that is just getting started.

(After watching Ebay for months I finally stumbled on that elusive dream auction and scored a brand-spankin-new Hustler kit and a pair of Raptor axles for damn good price. YES!!! I still can't believe I was the only bidder)

I'm leaning toward a twin-ESC/twin stick control setup right now, for independant control of steering and throttle of each end. Probably a pair of Rooster/Fifty-Five kits (I love the Rooster in my 2.2, great ESC) But it will probably boil down to whether or not I can learn to drive the thing set up that way...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote