Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: my first crawler... help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default my first crawler... help please

ok, so this is my first crawler, i was into 1/10th trucks about 8 years ago.
i have bought and built some clod axles, i have aluminum spools(lockers) front and rear TTR cvds and 55turn intergys.

my first questions have to do with links i want to run derlin or titanium more than likely derlin cause they're cheaper!! where is the best place to get it and what size do you recommend (dia.)
then the rod ends, what do you guys think i should use? this is going to be about a 17" super build.

next are the electronics i have some old 2000mAh cells which seem to be ok and i wanna use til they finally kick the bucket. what i'm wanting to know is if any of my old escs will work for what i'm building? i have a couple tekin escs; G-10, speed star, and an old rebel.. not a rebel2 just a plain old rebel!!
which would you recommend if any??? if not what do yall think about the new fx-r just one though i'm not familar with running 2 escs. and i know nothing about castle creations, and i've always been a tekin fan.

sorry for it being long winded, and thanks for your replies

dmill
dmill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

first of all, welcome to the world of crawling and endless money pitt, my advice to u is to use the "search" feature of the site,alot of threads here will help u answer all of your questions and what to decide on. The super class is a very fun class because there is alot of custom making involve thus making it personal and very challenging sometimes. You can also buy alot of the items u will need from our very knowledgeble and friendly vendors. anyways gud luck on your build and may your super be very competitive.
bullet1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i have used the search feature and pretty much decided that i want to go with derlin links, but i've noticed that on some there are these little brackets to mount shocks which i really like but no one says where thay got them.
other than that i cant seem to get any real answers on how many escs and selection suggestions.
some specific advice would be great!!!
dmill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

those are tlt brackets, i think jp customs have them.
bullet1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

As far as the rod ends, Revo or Jato Rod ends seem to be the most popular and they're pretty strong too. Heres some links to different super builds that I like and have used in making mine.

Here is a pretty long thread but his super is awesome
Reworking the Super

Heres Mine
Switching to the real thing

Heres a somewhat more budget friendly build
Back to Basic Clod Super Build thread.

I liked this build thread too
Yukon's TCS NN super

Just search around the Clod section and look at anything that says super and see what you like
Speedyboy is offline   Reply With Quote