Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: 2.2 chassis questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #1

Default 2.2 chassis questions

I am building my own 2.2 chassis from an old kit I had. Temporarily all together with no real mods of chassis. Original links and holes used. The suspension does not act right. Its soft and smooth operating both sides together and even each side individually. Problem occurs when you compress one side the other wants to pull towards the comopressed side. Side pull I'll call it. When its on the ground this in away limits suspension travel as it wants to drag the other side sideways. I can differences is attaching points compared to other chassis's but I can't understand it! Advice please. Thanks

madf1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Your four links setup is a little off... Try putting your lower links on the top of the axle C instead of the bottom. you want your links to be as parrellel as possible
Speedyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #3

Ok thanks. It was done that way just to preserve the lengths as they were. With more insite I'll start modifiing them. In doing your suggestion if it still seems funky should I consider raising the upper link mount on the chassis side as another step towards being parrellel. Also just looking at it if I do as you suggest the motors now will be lower than the links
Old 11-17-2008, 07:23 AM   #4

Redid the links as suggested. May have made a little difference. Suspension still seems stiff. Would moving them inward front and rear help?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Run Shorter Shocks or Raise the upper Shock Mounts. Your lower links are steep. They need to be leveled out some.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Its a esp clodzilla 4 chassis without the cantilievers.
Someone just sold the exact same setup on the same chassis a week or so ago. Cant remember who or you could get with him to help you out.
I tried the same on a old clodzilla 4 chassis a few months ago and ended up trading it off befor I got too deep in it.
Maybe whoever it was that had it will run across your post and give you some pointers. Good luck and a lot of times its just trial and error.
a69baldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

There are quite a Few of Older threads using this chassis. Grizz and Dirk I believe both had rigs using that chassis at one time.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote