Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: What are some upgradable options for this issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default What are some upgradable options for this issue?

I bent all four stub shafts. This is 6 total now. My rig is a heavy weight 1:6 JK. It sees it's share of bumps/jumps/hits and stub shafts seem very easy to bend. Getting tired of the wobbling tires.

What's a good upgrade for these? what would you do? My axles are still mainly stock, except with lockers. I am on the 4th plastic knuckle though.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

My Knuckles and TTR CVD's.... You haven't broken any Tubes Yet? Thats rare...
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:14 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
My Knuckles and TTR CVD's.... You haven't broken any Tubes Yet? Thats rare...
Yeah those are on my list of options. I was thinking of beefing up the tubes and knuckles or just get a fully beefed up axle, like raptor 2 (with dog bones) or bully axles. I'm curious about those two axles.

Yes i broke one axle tube but it broke after the knuckle snapped and bent upwards, breaking the upper C. No tube breaks or anything.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:35 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I havent had any issues with my stock gear cases, but the rest would be good to upgrade...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I havent had any issues with my stock gear cases, but the rest would be good to upgrade...
I'm sure you will if your rig weighs 24 pounds and jumps on a regular basis
Old 12-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Your best bet would be to upgrade everything but the gear Case. The only ones that are priced low are Inegty and they are heavy as hell. They do more harm then good.

Alumn Tubes, Alumn Gears, Alumn Knuckles, TTR CVD's, bearings, Lock-tite everything... That should cover it. About the time you break your Gear Case. I'd say it's time to open it up anyway and check things out and Re-Grease.

Nothing is stronger then Clod Axles with the Alumn Upgraded parts with TTR CVD's.

Last edited by run2jeepn; 12-11-2008 at 12:52 AM.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
I'm sure you will if your rig weighs 24 pounds and jumps on a regular basis
That is true!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:49 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Your best bet would be to upgrade everything but the gear Case. The only ones that are priced low are Inegty and they are heavy as hell. They do more harm then good.

Alumn Tubes, Alumn Gears, Alumn Knuckles, TTR CVD's, bearings, Lock-tite everything... That should cover it. About the time you break your Gear Case. I'd say it's time to open it up anyway and check things out and Re-Grease.

Nothing is stronger then Clod Axles with the Alumn Upgraded parts with TTR CVD's.
Ok i looked into all the parts you mentioned. I don't really have the need for alum gears since mine still are mint after all this abuse. I have one question about your smaller alum. knuckles/axle tubes. Can the cvd's be run with the smaller knuckle/tube combo? They are cheaper and lack the ball on the axle tube which is very annoying and worthless IMO. What are the major differences between the small setup and regular sized? Just smaller?

But for the knuckles, tubes and cvd's, i'm looking at around $130 per axle. That's about $260 for both front and rear (rear with straight axle). That's very steep for me to afford. I will have to dig deep to get myself to spend that much on it, although i know it's worth it due to the beefness. I got the devil on my shoulder saying just spend it and be beefy and broke and the angel on the other shoulder saying just spend $140 on two raptor's and be done with it and save some $$. Ahhhh decisions.