Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: hello!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default hello!

Im new to rc crawling though I have been in rc's for over 10 years now. Here where I live its looking like the comps stick to 2.2 and 1.9 stuff so im trying to make my clod pimpcane work for now so till I can get a losi 1/10th when they come out but thats a whole other story. Anyway my question is is there a way to make me under 12.5 wide with just wheels I have used the serch button and havent realy found anything .....please I realy dont want to hear it (Thats what the serch button is for.) post from a avid crawler that could probably help me but instead wants to be a dick. Ok so here is my truck with a cheap set of rpm crawler claws with the narrow wheel base offset and it measures 11 3/4" with no tires. I know there are narowing kits from integy. Do you guys think when I mount tires I will make it under 12.5" with that 3/4" to spare

gac1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 06:25 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Can't help you with the wheels, but you're going to want to drill that back bone a bit. I drilled the heck out of mine and still get little flex. with no holes, i don't think there is enough weight on a 2.2 to twist that c-channel. You're also going to want to move that battery pack as far forward on the front axle as possible, but weigh the rear little bit too.
I like your bta steering and rear lock out. Looks like it's going to come out well.
the3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gac1983 View Post
im trying to make my clod pimpcane work for now so till I can get a losi 1/10th when they come out but thats a whole other story.
why? a pimp cane is a better crawler the the losi. have you ever seen a cane in action. it's insane the stuff they crawl.
chris_dishmon is offline   Reply With Quote